Author Topic: tzd, dead?  (Read 4888 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: tzd, dead?
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2008, 09:25:47 AM »
I never once stated or maintained Redfrog owed me or anyone else here free games.

Choosing words carefully I see.  You may not have intimated that they owe you free games, but you have said that they owe you more than anyone is rightfully due.

If you cared about this community,you would have upfront addressed us,offered the Turbo community,not the ebay community,the games.

I cant honestly see how someone would want to take over TZD unless they had one of 2 motivations. One would be  the love for the community and the system itself,the other for the profits of the rare titles. I was hoping for the former,not the latter. It also would have been respectful to do so,but you are right,they didn't  have to do so,and I didn't say they had to,did I,as you can see from my quote you posted? I specifically stated if they cared about us and this community they would have announced themselves and tried to do a special or something to kick things off,offering rare titles up for sale is one way of doing that. Doesn't matter,they have made clear they don't care or intend to cater to this community,which is fine.

It would have been great though because they would have made a believer out of me that a truly new TZD was born,and earned alot of loyal buyers in one fail swoop.15-25 percent of their TZD income could have come from here possibly,you never know,but who wants to deal with and buy from a bunch of dicks. What Redfrog owes me is the items paid for,or a refund,its that simple. Thats not more then I am rightfully due.Don't mince words or confuse the current situation.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:30:07 AM by Michael Helgeson »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2008, 10:28:29 AM »
I cant honestly see how someone would want to take over TZD unless they had one of 2 motivations. One would be  the love for the community and the system itself,the other for the profits of the rare titles. I was hoping for the former,not the latter. It also would have been respectful to do so,but you are right,they didn't  have to do so,and I didn't say they had to,did I,as you can see from my quote you posted? I specifically stated if they cared about us and this community they would have announced themselves and tried to do a special or something to kick things off,offering rare titles up for sale is one way of doing that. Doesn't matter,they have made clear they don't care or intend to cater to this community,which is fine.

It would have been great though because they would have made a believer out of me that a truly new TZD was born,and earned alot of loyal buyers in one fail swoop.15-25 percent of their TZD income could have come from here possibly,you never know,but who wants to deal with and buy from a bunch of dicks. What Redfrog owes me is the items paid for,or a refund,its that simple. Thats not more then I am rightfully due.Don't mince words or confuse the current situation.

You apparently don't understand, but I've already agreed that your auction transactions did not end as they should have.  This doesn't change the fact that the initial diatribe between you and Redfrog was far from professional on your side and made it abundantly clear that you felt entitled to more from them.  Go mince words with someone else - you're not going to convince me that your inane posts and seething hatred of Redfrog is based solely on your recent purchase.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »
The current issue is the refund at hand,and as soon as it was posted that Redfrog was the owner,you didn't see me post positively due to this. I warned about them instead. I did so due to my hassles with my transaction with them which are currently on-going. I never asked for or expect more items then I ever paid for,and quoting me proves that.
I also never asked for or expected them to offer free items TZD related to this community,and I did use the word "us",when referring to this community in the TZD related issues.

The current issue that as I stated before has been on going is my purchase from them for 3 PS1 titles I won on Dec 31st. Go back and read everything completely to see this. Infact,here,save you some time:

So that you all know,I just got done dealing with these ass wipes. They are actually "1" id covering more then one store,so they list items not physically in their own hands,so descriptions can be shady or not accurate. Also due to this they will give random combined shipping quotes on stuff,and if some of the items are in another persons hands,you don't get combined shipping.  They do not list this policy on all auctions,so be aware of this. Ebay will not be willing to enforce fair shipping quotes against this seller,so your f*cked.

They do not list this in their details either. Their combined shipping rates when they do do it is horrible. Their replies are extremely rude in manner. For two PS1 games I ended up having to pay $15.40 for first class mail,and the 3rd title wasn't in their hands so had to pay $6.99 to ship it also and make it as a separate payment. I will be leaving negatives soon.

I repeat,if you care at all about saving money and using a nice reliable seller,don't buy from them.

EDITED: I added the exact amounts they charged me for shipping.

Since TZD is Redfrog,not a separate entity other then in name,it means that these are the same jerks any of you will have to deal with if you wish to do a TZD/Turbografx related purchase.

Also,I was not rude with this business first,I was pretty polite,and asked them to be fair about the shipping situation so we could get it resolved. Proof of this can be seen in their replies when they blame their rude messages to me on a ex-employee. This is another reason why I didn't like them,and didn't like them prior to TZD,or the knowledge that they own it now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:53:41 AM by Michael Helgeson »

MurderDate

« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2008, 02:43:36 AM »
Michael Helgeson  I think the biggest lesson to be learned here is just to CALM DOWN and do not ATTACK people who you would like some help / satisfaction from.    It's maybe not easy but it is the best approach !   And from here things should go a lot more smoothly for you.
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2008, 06:57:44 AM »
Michael Helgeson  I think the biggest lesson to be learned here is just to CALM DOWN and do not ATTACK people who you would like some help / satisfaction from.    It's maybe not easy but it is the best approach !   And from here things should go a lot more smoothly for you.

I think the biggest lesson you should learn is to read my prior post completely before making comments. When originally winning auctions from this f*ck of a seller I was getting rude replies,lies,excuses and bs about why the 3 items cant be shipped together before the seller finally admitted one of them wasn't in their hands,had to be shipped separately,and that it was ok to them to charge $10 in handling fees.

This was the crap I got from them when I was calm replying politely even though I was getting complete bullshit from this seller. My prior experience with them customer service wise was poor prior to them even shipping any packages,and it has not got any better.This all was prior to me now knowing it was their bumbling f*ck of  a company that had my name and email left out there for public knowledge,which I did not like,due to their TZD purchase. They have as of yet proven they even insured the package. I gave them until yesterday,then had the dispute escalated to a claim.I have no doubt paypal will force a refund.

Before you begin to judge me you should check my feedback record :
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=amakusashirosouthtownhaven&ftab=FeedbackAsBuyer

As a buyer I have 486 feedback received.As a seller 168. I have 8 members who left me  a negative. 7 were shit sellers,1 was a whack job of a bidder who wouldn't make payment..
This means that in 486 purchases I have had only 7 sellers try to f*ck me over enough that I have had to complain.
If I was indeed the whiny bitch you accused me of being in the shout box,then I would not have survived as long as I have on ebay,as a buyer or a seller.
ID info

Note I have actually been a member since 2002. I merged my account with a newer one when I moved in 2005.
You can also note on here I have never mutually withdrawn a negative left.If I leave it for someone it is because they earned it. I don't compromise my values/ethics to keep my rating score  a tad higher.

NEGATIVES I HAVE RECEIVED:

Seller sold me Fighting Street on TG16 cd. Seller lied about condition of game and case. Seller overcharged on shipping,had me pay to insure,did not buy insurance,and mailed in flat brown envelope. I got a refund back from paypal.

Seller sold me 2 Voodoo 2 cards. Seller stated in message to me cards were Black Magic versions. Auction also stated cards were 12 meg versions. Neither statement was true. Seller refused to refund,or offer discount. I gave seller chances to fix problem,they declined. After I left negatives they stated in mine I did not give them a chance to fix the problem. This was before I learned to use Paypal.

I won a graphics card for dirt cheap. Geforce FX 5200 with 128-bit ram. Seller refused to accept payment.Had to report seller to ebay.

Won anime laserdisc lots from seller for cheap. This was before I used paypal. Sent seller a money order,with delivery confirmation,and signature required. Seller did not accept payment. May have been due to winning the auctions for alot less then the items usually sold for. Payment got returned to me.

Provided proof to ebay I sent payment,then reported seller to ebay for not selling items. Gave seller option to get payment still,but this time they would have to cover expense of payment sent via same method,they declined obviously since they really didn't want the payment it seemed.

Seller sold me what was stated to be a great condition Pioneer CLD-301 laserdisc player stated as tested fully working.Item was packed well,and when arrived had no damage to packing. Upon opening package,player had major scratches all over,and chips on pioneer label on front panel,and minor dings and dents,and a major dent on the back side of the player.  Upon trying to play a disc the player wouldn't open its tray more then 4 inchs about. Taking player apart revealed that it had been dropped once or more and had major impact causing the entire laser assembly to shatter apart of its rail.

Seller tried to claim Fed Ex did all this damage,and said it was my job to file a claim with them,which it was not. I filed  a claim with paypal,but in this instance paypal wanted me to take the player to a Pioneer electronics service station and have them do a assessment and give me a estimate of the damage.Seller refused to file  a claim with Fedex. The only place here willing to do so wanted $80.00 to do so. After shipping this item only cost me around $40-50,so needless to say I didn't bother,and closed the claim.

The seller then started sending me harassing emails stating I got a full refund,asking if I was happy,cussing me out,ect.. Needless to say I did not get a refund,and I left a detailed follow up to this sellers feedback.

Won a Pentium 3 Socket 370 board with P3 CPU,ect... Paid seller then waited till a tad after 20 days and item never arrived. I inquired about the item,the seller went off on me calling me names,said it would be a delayed shipping,said he was a 1 and  a half man crew cause his boyfriend was sick from HIV meds or some crap,and that we should feel lucky this guy salvages parts to sell instead of them sitting at the dump...Needless to say Paypal refunded me on this purchase. Around the same time,this seller started getting other feedbacks from other buyers having the same issues. Too bad...

Seller sold me  a listed as tested working Athlon Xp computer with  a ECS K7S5A board with harddrive,ram,ect. When it arrived it was packed poorly with no packing materials. The power supply was not screwed onto the case,and was loose inside it. The motherboard had all major caps blown. The harddrive was pulled out prior to shipping. I gave the seller a chance to correct the issue by partially refunding me and letting me keep the item,or paying for shipping back and getting full refund. The seller went nutts on me. I filed a claim,forwarded all emails the seller sent,with pics of the item to paypal. I got a immediate refund.

Last but not least,my one completely crazy bidder who refused to pay for the item. This was also before I used paypal. Buyer didn't have paypal anyway,as I offered to let them pay my friend that way. He only insisted on sending a check. Refused flat out to buy a money order,as I don't accept personal checks.I stated this in the auction details too. They tend to bounce more often then not these days.

After 4 days of requesting the guy buy a USPS or Money Gram money order he started sending me messages stating I hated him because he was asian,that I don't sell to asians,and was only willing to sell to a white or black guy and that I would gladly take a check from either of the latter races...The guys name wasn't even asian.....

SO...,anyway,as I said,I don't make a habit of bitching or complaining, unless I have  a good reason. My ebay buying and selling feedback confirms this,so don't call me  a whiney bitch on a shout box until you check the facts... If you don't like reading my post,skip them. My experience lets me know when a seller like Redfrog has been bullshitting me right from the beginning. The seller ids may change,but they all tend to use the same stall tactics,lame excuses,lies,and manners in their replies. You cant sit there and tell me that you are perfectly fine with getting screwed on any deal,ebay or otherwise. If you are,then you have problems you need to get sorted out elsewhere.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:03:28 AM by Michael Helgeson »

MurderDate

« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2008, 07:28:04 AM »
zzz
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2008, 07:30:51 AM »
zzz

Coming from a guy who is now struggling with Ghost Manor....After reading about that I don't think I can take you seriously anymore....

nodtveidt

« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2008, 07:43:28 AM »
Damn Mike, you've had to deal with some real shitheads. I've only ever gotten one negative, and it was many years ago from some dipshit who didn't know the difference between a poster and a print (I was selling a "They're Coming" print). I hate ebay idiots and that's why I don't deal with ebay much. There's got to be a better way.

spenoza

« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2008, 07:50:31 AM »
Immaturity making no-longer-useful thread fall even further into suckitude! Nhugh!!!!
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

nodtveidt

« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2008, 07:52:07 AM »
Then stop reading it!

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2008, 07:55:14 AM »
It coulda been alot worse I suppose,but I try when at all possible to check a sellers feedback real well prior to bidding,unless its a item I just spotted and it ends in like 2 mins or something.Usually then I can only rely on the percentage rating and not the details of feedbacks.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2008, 07:56:54 AM »
Coming from a guy who is now struggling with Ghost Manor....After reading about that I don't think I can take you seriously anymore....

Why's that?  Do you find it insufferably easy?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2008, 08:01:47 AM »

Why's that?  Do you find it insufferably easy?

LOL,no,but easy enough that I got bored with it after a bit and gave it to my son. I didn't run into any snags on it. I did like how it reminded me of playing Wizards and Warriors though.

Sinistron

« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
Mike- I'm Jim btw- I think what is overpowering people here is your obssessive thoroughness- your ability to recant your entire argument point by point each posting- to dissect everything by logical points and to offer proof and testimony.  I for one - when impassioned or embittered can be the same way so I understand it- I argue with some friends, girlfriends, and my mom the same way!  Some people find it nagging, off-putting, and know-it-allish.  I can see their side- but I never see it in black or white.  This IS your thread which you started- and no one is commanded to read the entire thing.  I for one wouldn't blast someone for getting burned by a seller and showing frustration by being meticulous- but on the same token I wouldn't be surprised if I were you by those here voicing their opinions wondering when it will end.  Insults are another thing however.  Just wanted to state that I'm neutral here- but not without a set of opinions or a lack of empathy on the matter.  Those though casting insults- we are all geeks here of some form or another- and geeks are OBSSESSIVE.  In that- it doesn't make much sense to shit on a fellow geek for being obssessive with a cause.  Shake hands motherforkers.  It's all gravy.  Where's the biscuits.  O:)

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Sinistron

« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2008, 08:14:06 AM »
and will 275 posts break me out of Floret Sprung?

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real