Author Topic: Side mirror got clipped. :|  (Read 639 times)

ceti alpha

Side mirror got clipped. :|
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:08:15 PM »
I was parked on the side of the road at a friend's place and when we came out to get into my car I noticed the driver's side mirror all busted up right good like. yaaaayyy  :dance: 100% lamitude. Could have been way worse; all I have to do is replace the mirror and frame and get it painted. Fortunately the mirror swivels for just that purpose.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. lol

Note to self: never park on that street again.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Turbo D

Re: Side mirror got clipped. :|
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
I've taken off a few mirrors in my ram van  :twisted: I mostly get f-150s and other big trucks who have gigantic elephant ear mirrors. Its not like I've done it on purpose though; some streets are just really narrow, haha.

8)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 04:30:47 PM »
Narrow streets and houses without driveways = evil.

ceti alpha

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 04:52:16 PM »
I've taken off a few mirrors in my ram van  Twisted Evil I mostly get f-150s and other big trucks who have gigantic elephant ear mirrors. Its not like I've done it on purpose though; some streets are just really narrow, haha.

hah. Yeah, I doubt the person even realized they did it. May have heard something and just blew it off.

Yup. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner than it did; a narrow street, coupled with big chunks of packed snow on the side of the road.  #-o

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 04:55:25 PM »
That royally sucks!  I like to take off mirrors with my shoulder or boot when some douche leaves a door ding.  That, or just cave in the door with a good ol' fashioned burro kick.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »
I like to take off mirrors with my shoulder

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.....  :lol:

WoodyXP

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 05:29:01 PM »

If you find out who did it cut their valve stems.  It's the ultimate equalizer.  8)

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 05:35:18 PM »

That, & streets with no sidewalks, that tends to tick me off.  Thankfully there aren't too many of those around here, but, there are enough to frusterate me.  Not to mention, I hate the fact that people on bicycles are considered pedestrians.  I don't know how many times I've had to swerve to avoid some moron riding his bike in the street, since he can't ride it on the sidewalk.  If you ask me(& you won't/didn't), they are pedestrians too.  If a buy on a bike, runs into a guy walking, they might hurt for a week.  But if a guy on a bike, hits a car!  They might be dead for a week!  Possibly longer!

ceti alpha

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »
The bummer of it all is that the money I'll spend to replace my mirror could have paid for my region mod switch/sound fix/fan/SVid pimp action on my Turbo Duo (or at least a good portion of it).  :roll:

C'est la vie.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 06:52:36 PM by ceti alpha »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 08:35:58 PM »
I agree about the bicycle thing.  If bicycles and normal people can traverse on the same path through parks and trails and whatnot, why the hell can't they share a freakin' sidewalk?  I've ridden my bike on the sidewalk since I got my first at age 8.  I only ran in to a fat teenage girl once and that was when I was learning to ride someone else's bike when I was about 6.  I got hurt more than she did, and I was alright (bloody lip, that's it).

Now in my town they are narrowing streets to make room for bike lanes.  Pisses me off!  There used to be a left turn lane onto my street, but now they've taken that out to put in bike lanes.  Now I must block traffic as I wait to turn.  How many bikes ride by a day?  I'd be surprised if even 1 bike per day passed.  Cars > bikes.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 08:39:09 PM »
My side mirrors never get clipped.

DNNOCLIP

ceti alpha

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 05:24:49 AM »
My side mirrors never get clipped.

Haha. I'll remember you said that.  :P

Dark Fact

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Joe Redifer
I agree about the bicycle thing.  If bicycles and normal people can traverse on the same path through parks and trails and whatnot, why the hell can't they share a freakin' sidewalk?  I've ridden my bike on the sidewalk since I got my first at age 8.  I only ran in to a fat teenage girl once and that was when I was learning to ride someone else's bike when I was about 6.  I got hurt more than she did, and I was alright (bloody lip, that's it).
In my city, it is against city bylaw to ride your bike on a sidewalk because the sidewalk is for "pedestrians only" and that both bikers and car drivers must learn to share the road.  If you ask me, that's a load of bullshit.  Unless everyone can pedal like an Olympic athlete, bikers are much slower on the road than drivers and can pedal probably from 10-20 km/hr.  Ergo, bikers are a real nuisance to drivers and there is nothing drivers can do about it.
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon
That, & streets with no sidewalks, that tends to tick me off.  Thankfully there aren't too many of those around here, but, there are enough to frusterate me.  Not to mention, I hate the fact that people on bicycles are considered pedestrians.  I don't know how many times I've had to swerve to avoid some moron riding his bike in the street, since he can't ride it on the sidewalk.  If you ask me(& you won't/didn't), they are pedestrians too.  If a buy on a bike, runs into a guy walking, they might hurt for a week.  But if a guy on a bike, hits a car!  They might be dead for a week!  Possibly longer!
That's not the point though.  A pedestrian is defined as a person who goes or travels on foot.  When you get on a bike, you're automatically considered a cyclist.  Therefore, any privileges you have as a pedestrian go out the window the moment you put both feet on those pedals.  There is a reason why we're told to dismount from our bikes and walk them when we cross the street.  It's not just for safety. 

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Turbo D

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 07:00:42 AM »
its against the law to ride bikes on the sidewalk in my city too. I do it sometimes though as the drivers here are crazy. I hardly ride my bike anymore though.

nat

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
People on bikes f*cking piss me off. I always come up behind them when there is lots of traffic going the other direction so I can never pass. It forces me to slow down to about 20mph when I should be going 45. It's a good thing I don't drive drunk because if I did I would honestly most likely just mow them f*cking down.