Author Topic: Side mirror got clipped. :|  (Read 634 times)

ceti alpha

Re: Side mirror got clipped. :|
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »
I feel bad for some bicyclers, especially in cities like mine where there's no room anywhere for them. The sidewalks are off limits and there are no bike lanes. Even worse are inconsistencies with bike lanes. One road will have a bike lane and then all of a sudden there isn't one and the person on the bike is wondering what the hell just happened. I hate half-assed things like that. If you're going to go to the trouble of making bike lanes, finish the damn job.

That being said, some people on bikes actually believe that they are cars and can behave as such. FALSE.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 04:40:09 PM »
Yeah, that's what upsets me the most about them. There's nothing I hate more than coming up to a stop light where some jackass on a bicycle is first in line. He stops because he wants to go straight, but I want to turn right. Although I can't, because his dumbass is in my way and I have to wait for the light to turn green. Then I still have to wait while he crosses the intersection at 5mph.

All biking except off-road/mountain biking should be banned.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »
All biking except off-road/mountain biking should be banned.

YOU KILLED JAPAN YOU BASTARD!!!

ceti alpha

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
Well, I bought a brand new side mirror from CarQuest today for 73 bucks. Tomorrow I'm getting it painted and installed for 35 bucks. I'll count myself lucky; I was expecting a lot worse. Just out of curiosity I'm going to call one of the VW dealerships here and ask what it would cost to get a mirror, paint it and install it. I know I'll cringe at the price. Dealerships are crazy expensive, unless you have a warranty of course.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 11:29:59 AM »
CarQuest

Wow, what a name! I can't wait for World Of Carcraft... :roll:

nat

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 11:34:48 AM »
Dealerships are crazy expensive, unless you have a warranty of course.

No kidding.

I bought a used Chrysler like four years ago. The A/C climate control was all digital but it was broken and stuck on 75 degrees. I called the local dealership and they told me just for the control unit it was $625. I nearly shit myself. Are they lining the inside of the unit with diamonds or something? I mean, get real.

So I go down to my local parts yard and pull one off a junked sedan for $5. Still works to this day.

Dealerships are a bunch of thieving swine.

ceti alpha

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »
Wow, what a name! I can't wait for World Of Carcraft... Rolling Eyes

Don't give people any ideas.  :P

No kidding.

I bought a used Chrysler like four years ago. The A/C climate control was all digital but it was broken and stuck on 75 degrees. I called the local dealership and they told me just for the control unit it was $625. I nearly shit myself. Are they lining the inside of the unit with diamonds or something? I mean, get real.

So I go down to my local parts yard and pull one off a junked sedan for $5. Still works to this day.

Dealerships are a bunch of thieving swine.

Nice one.  8) Dealerships generally charge about twice as much for parts and labour than your local garage.

MissaFX

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »

Dealerships are a bunch of thieving drug abusing swine.

600 dollars for the coke to line their noses
+20 dollars to hire some illegal labor to do the job
+ 5 dollars for the part

Sounds about right to me.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 12:34:20 PM »
600 dollars for the coke to line their noses
+20 dollars to hire some illegal labor to do the job
+ 5 dollars for the part

The look on your face when you find out: pricless.

Some things money can't buy, for everything else, there's Missacard. :P

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »
Well, I bought a brand new side mirror from CarQuest today for 73 bucks. Tomorrow I'm getting it painted and installed for 35 bucks.

You got a pretty sweet deal there - it'd be hard to just buy the base and clear for $35, much less the labor to spray and install the mirror.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 01:42:22 AM »
You got a pretty sweet deal there - it'd be hard to just buy the base and clear for $35, much less the labor to spray and install the mirror.

Yeah, I just got back in from dropping off my car. It might end up being a little more. I would say closer to 50 or 60 maybe even a little more. I obviously misunderstood him on the phone. lol. He's a really fast talker and a mumbler. Add that to the fact he's from the country. hehe. But he does really good work at low prices. He doesn't have to charge as much for labour because it's just him.

Anyways, $35 bucks did seem like too good a deal. lol  :-$

Sinistron

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 01:43:01 AM »
I empathize.  Some bastard took one of my mirrors off last year.  Since then I always keep them turned in after parking.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real