Author Topic: Anyone (like me) not give a damn about new systems?  (Read 881 times)

rainbow_bright

Re: Anyone (like me) not give a damn about new systems?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 09:37:14 PM »
I am older and life does get in the way. Thats why I took a break of gaming for over eight years, its only late 2007 that I bought another Pc engine and  some other stuff and got into gaming again. I like pick up and play games, games that are fun. I'm sure I'm missing out on great games, but I don't care :) I was totally a gamer kid and even into my early/mid teens. Life got in the way and I'm all grown up now. Getting the newest system just doesn't seem important anymore.

ceti alpha

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 12:27:06 AM »
I am older and life does get in the way. Thats why I took a break of gaming for over eight years, its only late 2007 that I bought another Pc engine and  some other stuff and got into gaming again. I like pick up and play games, games that are fun. I'm sure I'm missing out on great games, but I don't care Smile I was totally a gamer kid and even into my early/mid teens. Life got in the way and I'm all grown up now. Getting the newest system just doesn't seem important anymore.

Yeah, and that's why I like the old systems. They have games that you can play for a short time (20/30 minutes to an hour) and then turn it off and do something else (i.e. talk about your gaming experience on Pcenginefx heh). Aside from the old school RPGs most 8 bit/16 bit games don't require you to set aside hours of your time. I was at a friend's place last night playing Halo 3, and as much fun as I was having or because I was having so much fun, time just flew by. Three hours came and went.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sinistron

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 01:30:29 AM »
I am a stubborn old mule.  The ONLY system I play is my turbo with arcade card CD and converter.  It was the last system I owned from back in the day and I stopped buying newer systems when it went under.  The turbo I'm using now I believe is the third turbo I've owned.  I've never found a reason to buy a newer system as the turbo has always fulfilled my needs.  When I moved in with my current girlfriend she had a playstation- and it is somewhere in the apartment collecting dust.  I'm not into 3-D games, not into 1st Person Shooters, not into games that never end or games that try to seem so real and lifelike that they no longer feel like games.  Give me the 2D platformers, horizontal and overhead space shooters and 16-bit action puzzlers- all that old-school goodness. I have 163 games now and I still have a tremendous wish list of games I want for the system.  Now that's a system.  The only non-turbo/pc-engine game I want is on its way- a DVD version of Dragon's Lair/Dragon's Lair II/Space Ace. 

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Turbo D

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 01:52:02 AM »
I like to leave fps to the pc

Paisa49

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 04:14:01 AM »
My two favorite systems are the Sega Saturn and the TurboGrafx-16. Those two systems alone are the sole reason why I'm keeping my flat screen television well past the time we are supposed to switch to digital TV in the forseeable future. As far as this current generation of video games is concerned, I've only played the 360. Gears of War and Bioshock were pretty good, but I don't get the same fun feeling that I got when playing games like Mario Kart, Bonk's Revenge, Ninja Spirit, Guardian Heroes, and Dragon Force for the older systems.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 06:22:10 AM »
I like to leave fps to the pc

Hell yes.

TR0N

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 04:15:12 PM »
 The only non-turbo/pc-engine game I want is on its way- a DVD version of Dragon's Lair/Dragon's Lair II/Space Ace. 
Speaking of that i should be getting that as well soon also.

Got a notice from amazon a while ago and it's been shiped finally.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Sinistron

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 01:13:52 AM »
Here's to Dirk -- and Daphne that foxy bitch.  =P~  Mine was supposed to come yesterday but didn't.  I'm guessing/hoping today...

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

rolins

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 03:30:48 PM »
I don't give a damn. I'm too broke to afford any them which why I'm sticking to emulation. Plus, I just don't have the attention span for games requiring more than 4 buttons. I like my games simple but challenging which why I like shmups. Seriously, you only need 2 or 3 Buttons for those type of games.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 03:33:30 PM by rolins »