Author Topic: what was EGM's 1989 Game of the Year: Legendary Axe or Ghouls 'n Ghosts ?  (Read 3271 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: what was EGM's 1989 Game of the Year: Legendary Axe or Ghouls 'n Ghosts ?
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2008, 01:55:52 PM »
I'd have to disagree with EGM. 

I do that everyday on every subject.

A Japanese friend made me sit through Titanic while she, among other things, showered.

You should beat her in the head with something heavy, something like a wrench. Beat her long and hard enough that she can't pop up and do aerobics and chant something like "I WAS BLUDGEONED WITH A WRENCH".

GUTS

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »
I only saw the end of Titanic where that bitch (I like the actress, but the character was a total cunt) let Leo die when there was more than enough room on the piece of thingy she was floating on.  Leo is the shit- he's one of my favorite actors- but I'll be damned if I'll sit through that movie just to see him die for no reason at the end.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »
They both tried to get on, but it wouldn't hold them both.

David Warner should have been dressed up as the Abraham Lincoln Klingon for the entirety of Titanic for NO REASON.  That would have rocked.

As for Star Trek 5, Paramount made Shatner add "humor elements" like the campfire song in to the movie because humor played a large role in part 4 and they wanted another hit like that.  Also the special effects company they normally use was unavailable because they were busy snorting cocaine off of each other's penis's, so they had to use Kitsunexus's pirated Maya program on his 386 PC.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:27:08 PM by Joe Redifer »

malducci

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »
I only saw the end of Titanic where that bitch (I like the actress, but the character was a total cunt) let Leo die when there was more than enough room on the piece of thingy she was floating on.  Leo is the shit- he's one of my favorite actors- but I'll be damned if I'll sit through that movie just to see him die for no reason at the end.

I'm gonna sound totally gay for saying this, but that Romeo and Juliet movie set in the present(or something like it) starring Leo was pretty f*cking cool. That opening gas station scene was great. 9mm swords  :D

Kitsunexus

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2008, 08:06:27 PM »
The only good Leo movie is The Departed, and after multiple views you get the feeling that the movie was more hype than actually good.  :roll:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »
I really didn't like The Departed at all... or anything else poisoned by Alec Baldwin for that matter.

Sinistron

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2008, 01:40:44 AM »
Ew!  Baldwin's got the best line in the whole movie- when he says something like "I'm gonna go out for a smoke you want a smoke? you don't smoke what are you one of those health freaks go f*ck yourself" in one quick breath.   :clap: I never used to like him- but his delivery there was so stellar that it made me a fan.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

ccovell

« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2008, 01:50:18 AM »
You obviously never saw his famous scene in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Sinistron

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2008, 02:00:42 AM »
I've actually never seen Glengarry Glen Ross.  It's on a small list of embarrassing film misses.  :oops:

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

nat

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2008, 03:01:51 AM »
I really didn't like The Departed at all... or anything else poisoned by Alec Baldwin for that matter.

I love The Departed, great film.

I saw it for the first time over the Thanksgiving break this past year and I just had to own it.

GUTS

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2008, 07:50:03 AM »
Yeah Romeo & Juliet was great, I dug it.  What's Eating Gilbert Grape was the first movie I saw him in, although I'd been a fan of his from when he was on Growing Pains of all things, I remember thinking how much better of an actor he was than everyone else on the show (even though I loved the show).

Alec Baldwin in the SHIT, I love that guy.  Have any of you guys watched 30 Rock?  There's one episode where he pretends to be Tracy Morgan's poor black parents, he should have gotten an award for that scene, it was f*cking amazing.

Keranu

« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2008, 08:04:38 AM »
What about Charles Grodin, GUTS?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2008, 09:46:05 AM »
I dislike Tracy Morgan even more than Alec Baldwin!

GUTS

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
Ok I recommend everyone except Joe watch 30 Rock then.  The only two actors I absolutely refuse to watch any movie they're in are Matthew Lillard and Ryan Reynolds, f*ck I hate those guys.

And Charles Grodin rules, who doesn't like Grodin?

Kitsunexus

« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
BTW everyone is spelling Romeo + Juliet wrong. :P I have never seen that movie, but the gas station fight sounded cool, so I looked it up on Youtube, and the movie would be f*ckING INCREDIBLE if it wasn't for the fact that despite being the early-mid 90's, THEY SPEAK IN f*ckING ELIZABETHIAN SHAKESPEARIAN ENGLISH. >_< Totally ruins the movie, I'm not going to look for it now.