Author Topic: Teen's party may cost him $18,000  (Read 695 times)

Keranu

Re: Teen's party may cost him $18,000
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »
Chicago is empty?  :-s We don't no stinkin' oceans, we got the almighty Lake Michigan! :mrgreen:

Where's Xiphas when you need him :P .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 03:15:33 PM »
The cities aren't empty obviously, but as soon as you drive out of town, there ain't shit for miles.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 04:35:32 PM »
The cities aren't empty obviously, but as soon as you drive out of town, there ain't shit for miles.

Illinois is more densely populated than Washington.  Nebraska is more densely populated than..... uhh, Wyoming maybe.  Bet we got more cows and corn though.  :)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 05:06:28 PM »

Illinois is more densely populated than Washington.  Nebraska is more densely populated than..... uhh, Wyoming maybe.  Bet we got more cows and corn though.  :)

Illinois may be more densely populated than Washington, but that's because the 75% of Washington east of the mountains is wide open space and is skewing the numbers. 90% of WA's population is on the seaboard west of the mountains and it's pretty f*cking densely populated along the I-5 corridor from Canada to Oregon. It's like one constant city a few hundred miles long. I consider eastern WA the beginning of the midwest.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 06:24:43 PM »
Quote from: nat

This makes it easier to dispose of bodies... especially people from Seattle!

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »
Where's Xiphas when you need him :P

Hi.  Beep Beep.

I'm sure Keranu linked me here to get all huffed up about people dissing the Midwest, but honestly, I've heard that so many times from people I'm used to it by now.  It's really not worth getting all worked up about people who say a place sucks when they have never been there, which I admit, I have been guilty of doing before.  Helllllo, California!  =;

Chicago is empty?  :-s We don't no stinkin' oceans, we got the almighty Lake Michigan! :mrgreen:

To quote a Nebraskan who had never seen a major body of water before coming to Chicago, "It's more like a sea!"

Have you ever driven through the Midwest?  That is not very true except in specific places (i.e., southern Minnesota).  There are lots of large towns every tens of miles in most cases.  I like these towns more than huge cities like Chicago. 

Maybe you are thinking of the Great Plains?  You really can't beat them when it comes to nothingness.  Personally, I love the emptiness of the Great Plains - it is the only part of the country I love more than Chicago's South Suburbs.  The plains have a subtle beauty that most people who haven't lived there just don't appreciate.

Oh, since we are talking about squirrels, I guess I should link this.

Keranu

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 06:14:46 PM »
Oh, since we are talking about squirrels, I guess I should link this.

Already been linked here before, my friend ;) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 06:18:12 PM »
Well, that is one of those links that keep on giving, so it is okay to post if over and over I think.

nat

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »
I've been there a trillion times.

My family is from the east coast, and I still have many family members that live there. We used to drive there every year, and we'd pass through the midwest both ways. Whee! I wouldn't be surprised if I've actually been to Crete.

Kansas takes the cake as the emptiest state though. Nothing but flat cornfields. Talk about boooooooring.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 06:22:01 PM »
That's fine then.  I personally can't stand the east coast, so to each his own.

I doubt you have driven through Crete.  The only conceivable way anyone just driving through could have done that if they were driving from Chicago to Danville, and even then they would probably take 57 and bypass Crete.

MissaFX

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 10:21:05 PM »
He broke a beer bottle over my friends head and the glass went everwhere, especially right into the carpet. My friend had to hide and escape out the back door when this other douche wasn't paying attention. This guy realized my friend had split so he ran outside and jumped onto the hood of my friend's car as he was pulling away and started jumping up and down while trying to break the windshield. After that we wouldn't let the a$$hole back inside so he stole a bicycle that belonged to one of the neighbors and rode away. We never saw or heard from him again, thank god.

I ment to reply some time ago to this...damn!

I bet this is your guy though:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:31:06 PM by Missa »
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

vestcoat

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 10:38:24 AM »
Good stories.  I haven't been directly involved in any house party vandalism, but...

A few years ago my thrash band Cock Pliers played a basement show at a house in the mountains outside of Boulder, CO.  Our keyboard player didn't have anything to do during one song so he started demolishing old Halloween pumpkins with a hatchet he just happened to be carrying and throwing the pieces at the crowd (who responded in kind).  There weren't anymore bands after us, but no one was going to drive drunk back down the mountains so everyone stayed in the small house and proceeded to go insane while dancing to eighties music.  I doubt there were more than 35 people there, but we somehow managed to consume a third of a keg, several bottles of God-knows-what, and roughly 100 cans of beer that night.  One girl broke her wrist dancing but didn't realize it till the next day, another dude accidentally put his head through the wall after making a running leap over his friend.  He didn't move for a few minutes but turned out OK (his head went right in between two studs). 

The next morning, people were passed out on every inch of floorspace and everything was covered pumpkin.  It's probably one of my favorite memories.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:43:50 AM by vestcoat »

vestcoat

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 10:39:15 AM »
FYI:  There's no West like the Mid-west

Kitsunexus

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 11:02:27 AM »
He broke a beer bottle over my friends head and the glass went everwhere, especially right into the carpet. My friend had to hide and escape out the back door when this other douche wasn't paying attention. This guy realized my friend had split so he ran outside and jumped onto the hood of my friend's car as he was pulling away and started jumping up and down while trying to break the windshield. After that we wouldn't let the a$$hole back inside so he stole a bicycle that belonged to one of the neighbors and rode away. We never saw or heard from him again, thank god.

I ment to reply some time ago to this...damn!

I bet this is your guy though:

ROTFLMAO WTF MISSA!?   :lol:  :lol: Oh Goldfish my sides hurt!