Author Topic: Tom Cruise and his new video  (Read 1077 times)

MissaFX

Tom Cruise and his new video
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:28:44 PM »
Tom Cruise goes crazy and stuff...again :lol:

What drugs is this guy on?  He has totally lost his mind!
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

guyjin

Re: Tom Cruise and his new video
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:31:40 PM »
Tom Cruise goes crazy and stuff...again :lol:

Again? He's been batshit crazy for a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time.

What drugs is this guy on?

Scientology.

He has totally lost his mind!

that's their goal.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

MissaFX

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
KSW? 

"Borgs are there to help." ???  (He says it twice.)

"I won't hesitate to put ethics on someone else, because I put them ruthlessly on myself.  And I think that I respect that, in others, and that I'm here to help.  And they're there to help."  (normally people like this are called a$$holes)

SP? :-k

"I just go through that tech, it's not how to run from a SP, it's PTSSP how to shatter suppression, how to confront shatter suppression."  WTF??

I think he is speaking martian speak.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

guyjin

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »
He's speaking scientology. they change your vocabulary to the point that it is very hard to think outside their box.

for example, when a scientologist says 'ethics' they mean "the actions an individual takes on himself to ensure his continued survival across the dynamics." which is not what ethics means to the rest of us.

MissaFX

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »
I just did some wiki reading...so Tom Cruise is a SP according to scientology:

The Church's official glossary defines a suppressive person as being:

a person who possesses a distinct set of characteristics and mental attitudes that cause him to suppress other people in his vicinity. This is the person whose behavior is calculated to be disastrous. Also called antisocial personality.[6]
The Church regards these "antisocial personalities" as being those "who possess characteristics and mental attitudes that cause them to violently oppose any betterment activity or group,"[1] This concern with "groups" continues in the official Scientology Handbook, which states the corollary: "The antisocial personality supports only destructive groups."[7]

According to Hubbard, suppressive persons have a number of distinct characteristics:

1. He or she speaks only in very broad generalities.
2. Such a person deals mainly in bad news, critical or hostile remarks, invalidation, and general suppression.
3. The antisocial personality alters, to worsen, communication when he or she relays a message or news. Good news is stopped and only bad news, often embellished, is passed along.
4. A characteristic, and one of the sad things about an antisocial personality, is that it does not respond to treatment or reform or psychotherapy.
5. Surrounding such a personality we find cowed or ill associates or friends who, when not driven actually insane, are yet behaving in a crippled manner in life, failing, not succeeding.
6. The antisocial personality habitually selects the wrong target.
7. The antisocial personality cannot finish a cycle of action.
8. Many antisocial persons will freely confess to the most alarming crimes when forced to do so, but will have no faintest sense of responsibility for them.
9. The antisocial personality supports only destructive groups and rages against and attacks any constructive or betterment group.
10. This type of personality approves only of destructive actions and fights against constructive or helpful actions or activities.
11. Helping others is an activity which drives the antisocial personality nearly berserk. Activities, however, which destroy in the name of help are closely supported.
12. The antisocial personality has a bad sense of property and conceives that the idea that anyone owns anything is a pretense, made up to fool people. Nothing is ever really owned.[8]

I think Tom fits most of the criteria.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 06:18:51 PM »
This LOH technology Tom brings to the table must be pretty weak compared to old 80ies NEC technology. Seriously,most of us here,even Grumpy Smurf Zeta seem happier and more stable mentally then any scientolgist. Plus the gaming hobby is more rewarding to pour money into then getting better Thetan levels.

Tatsujin

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »
for me, he always was "tom curious".
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Kitsunexus

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 06:28:24 PM »
I wonder if L Ron Hubbard made a joke, and it turned into this thing that went WAY TOO FAR and he couldn't back out.  :-k

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 06:40:25 PM »
Well,he was a sci-fi writer..... All this talk about creating new realities. I think Philip K Dick should have nutt kicked Hubbard. He was a far better sci-fi writer,even on drugs you could understand wtf he was writing about,it made sense.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »
Well,he was a sci-fi writer..... All this talk about creating new realities. I think Philip K Dick should have nutt kicked Hubbard. He was a far better sci-fi writer,even on drugs you could understand wtf he was writing about,it made sense.

Philip K Dick rules, hands down. Orson Scott Card = OVER RATED.

guyjin

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »
Best religion based on science fiction: Cthulhu worship  8)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 07:03:09 PM »
Rob Hubbard once said (paraphrasing) "The best way to become a millionaire is to invent a religion".

Kitsunexus

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »
Flying Spaghetti Monster pwns everything.

nodtveidt

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »
Rob Hubbard once said (paraphrasing) "The best way to become a millionaire is to invent a religion".
And hence...Scientology was born.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 03:56:54 AM »
Scientology = legitimate cult (as close to legitimate as any cult can be, anyway).  Cruise and the other whack-jobs make the Jehovah's Witnesses look like frickin' geniuses.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles