Author Topic: The Name Change Thread  (Read 1568 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: The Name Change Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 11:52:54 AM »
For example, Kitsunexus's 34,567th avatar (b/w guy with a gun)

That's black and green, fyi, and it's Michael Caine as Jack Carter in Get Carter (the original good version).

I'll find another avatar later tonight.

Turbo D

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 12:07:10 PM »
I've changed my avatar, but I've kept it airzonk  8)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 12:52:15 PM »
Quote from: nat

For example, Kitsunexus's 34,567th avatar is currently too similar to SignOfZeta's.

No shit!  It keeps confusing me.  I expect the post to be filled with bitchisms and it's cracking some joke instead and I become confused.  Then I look and see it is Kitsunexus.

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 03:15:44 PM »
I've always loved the current avatar you're using! Very pimp.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 04:26:45 PM »
I used to be known as Necromancer, then changed my name to validus, and now I'm back to Necromancer.

I don't really mind the name and avatar changes, as long as they're not both changed at the same time.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 04:46:12 PM »
I've always loved the current avatar you're using! Very pimp.

thnx dude. I always thought that wrestler avatar was pimp too!  8)

MissaFX

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 12:02:06 AM »
I do not often change my avatars, but I decided to today. I agree that changing them too often can result in people having trouble understand who is speaking, that's probably the main reason I do not change mine very much.  The kitty is so curious and cute though, I just had to share it with everyone.

Here's the avatar since once
I change it again, people will not know
what I am talking about.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nat

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 03:23:04 AM »
Because that cat is so cute, I will give you a pass. This time.

ceti alpha

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 04:40:14 AM »
Yeah, I'm not a cat person by any means, but that is pretty damn cute.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 04:55:36 AM »
I love cats. I could do without dogs, however.

ceti alpha

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 05:14:57 AM »
I love cats. I could do without dogs, however.

I'm really not a cat person because I'm very allergic, though I've also had some bad experiences with psycho cats that freak out for no reason at all. Though the sketchy cat always seem to be the "indoor" cat. "Outdoor" cats seem to be a little more mentally stable. It really depends on the type cat and the type of dog if I'm going to like the animal. For dogs especially, it also depends on the owner/master and how they raise the dog. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have dogs.

nat

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 05:32:52 AM »
Dogs are too big, smelly, and have big long sloppy tongues that like to lick you. Ew. They are also very loud. And they take shits on your lawn. I'm fairly particular about my "personal bubble," and dogs have a real habit of aggresively invading that space.

Coincidentally, the only dogs I like are small dogs that don't have big sloppy tongues, don't smell, and aren't loud. I realize this disqualifies 98% of dogs, but I have met a dog or two in my time that I didn't mind.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 05:53:55 AM »
And they take shits on your lawn.

So true.  I'd much rather have animals shit inside the house.  It's much more convenient, smells better, and it's always fun to sift through the litter box.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 06:05:20 AM »
Dogs are too big, smelly, and have big long sloppy tongues that like to lick you. Ew. They are also very loud. And they take shits on your lawn. I'm fairly particular about my "personal bubble," and dogs have a real habit of aggresively invading that space.

Coincidentally, the only dogs I like are small dogs that don't have big sloppy tongues, don't smell, and aren't loud. I realize this disqualifies 98% of dogs, but I have met a dog or two in my time that I didn't mind.

Haha!! Yeah, don't get a dog.  :P

One thing dogs have over cats is loyalty. Cats will go where ever there is food. Cats are definitely easier to take care of. Owning a cat is a only few steps up from owning a gold fish - you feed it and it goes outside or under the bed. Oh and you have to change the aquarium...er...kitty litter.  :P Owning a dog is like having a special needs child. You actually have to pay attention to the dog and spend time with it.

I'm not shitting on cats, or praising dogs - they're just two different animals. They are what they are.

Halifax has just recently passed a bylaw banning cats from being allowed to freely roam outdoors. People complaining about cat shit in their gardens and what not. I think it's a stupid bylaw personally. First of all it's hardly practical - how exactly does the city intend on enforcing this bylaw?  [-( Secondly, if you have cat shit in your garden leave it. It's part of nature and will probably do your garden good.

On a side note, I was standing outside my place having a smoke when all I heard for like 5 minutes was a huge cat fight. This was loud.  :shock: I wish I could have seen it. Sounded like one hell of a fight. lol

Turbo D

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 09:27:37 AM »
I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. They all live outside together.