Author Topic: Developer Matchup #2: ICOM vs. Namco  (Read 1171 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Developer Matchup #2: ICOM vs. Namco
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »
I dunno about that.  Soul Calibur 3 was pretty bad.  Soul Calibur 2 was tits, though.  Soul Calibur 1 even better.

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 04:59:23 PM »
As much as I love ICOM, I gotta say Namcot easily wins. However this opinion might change once I finally play my dream game; Camp California!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

guyjin

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 05:07:09 PM »
As a game, Soul Calibur 3 is awesome. Especially since you can make your own fighters.

But the PS2 version is buggy as f*ck. Keeps deleting saves, which is extremely nasty since it places so much emphasis on unlocking content.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
I vote ICOM, 'cause I love their entire library (except Yo Bro).  The only Namco titles that I really enjoy are Splatterhouse, Galaga '90, and Bravo-Bravo-Bravoman.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 05:09:38 PM »
I vote ICOM, 'cause I love their entire library (except Yo Bro).  The only Namco titles that I really enjoy are Splatterhouse, Galaga '90, and Bravo-Bravo-Bravoman.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

TR0N

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 06:11:05 PM »
Namco they brought there arcade games home.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 06:25:50 PM »
Quote from: guyjin

But the PS2 version is buggy as f*ck. Keeps deleting saves, which is extremely nasty since it places so much emphasis on unlocking content.

Soul Calibur 3 is ONLY available on the PS2, another reason it sucks ass.  Soul Calibur 2 ran at 720p on the mighty Xbox and it was so sharp that you had to go to the hospital and have them sew your eyeballs back together after playing.  Namcot for teh winXorZ!

Sinistron

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2008, 01:13:04 AM »
I've only got a few Icom games- Shapeshifter is on the way- and while I love Ghost Manor- there's also Yo' Bro and Addams Family which aren't so good.  Sherlock Homes I had back in the day- don't recall playing it much.  Beyond Shadowgate and Camp California are high on my wish list- maybe they'd change my opinion. 

I've got at least 15 Namco/Namcot titles though and they include a few of my all-time favorites- Galaga '90, World Court Tennis, Final Lap Twin.  Then there's classics like Splatterhouse and Dragon Spirit- and the welcome weirdness of Obocchama Kun and Wonder Momo.  Namco.  For now.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Tatsujin

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2008, 01:59:37 AM »
soul farklibour. there isn't much more enoying things like this!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ceti alpha

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2008, 02:50:44 AM »
Yeah, Soul Calibur was the shit. It was my favourite fighting game. Though the original SF is classic.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

GUTS

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 06:37:29 AM »
Icom for Shape Shifter alone, like runin said.  I love Splatterhouse, but f*ck Namco dumped some horrendous garbage on the Turbo while supporting the Genesis and SNES with much better games.

nat

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 06:40:16 AM »
It's like Namco had all their shittiest programmers working on the Turbo while they had the big guns over in the SEGA and Nintendo programming groups. What the f*ck was up with that?

Namco is really not that bad a developer, but the majority of their stuff on the Turbo is pretty bad.

GUTS

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 06:58:10 AM »
I know, compared to something like Rolling Thunder 3 which was f*cking awesome, pretty much only Splatterhouse stands out as pushing the system graphically.  And then Splatterhouse 2 and 3 came along on Genesis- what a slap in the face to the turbo fans.  2 & 3 were good, but imagine super cd versions of both and it really pisses you off that they switched systems.

ceti alpha

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 08:06:30 AM »
And then Splatterhouse 2 and 3 came along on Genesis- what a slap in the face to the turbo fans.  2 & 3 were good, but imagine super cd versions of both and it really pisses you off that they switched systems.

Oh I know. I find that Splatterhouse 2 and 3 on the Genesis are good, but don't have the quality of graphics and colour that's on the Turbo. It really sucks that we don't have the sequels on SuperCD.  :(

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 11:23:30 AM »
yeah..namco(t) brought some neat arcade games on the system, but all of 'em could've done quite better. and as i mentionet before, namco never went into the CDrom biz as well. it really looks like the abandoned the system, after the MD and SFC got more popular over the world.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^