Author Topic: Cracked.com the 10 most disastrous saturday morning cartoon adaptations  (Read 607 times)

guyjin

Re: Cracked.com the 10 most disastrous saturday morning cartoon adaptations
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »
The colorist for some of the ST:TAS episodes was colorblind. this is why you sometimes see Romulans in pink shirts.

But the makers of He-Man are simply not capable of sucking, no matter what other atrocities they produced.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:35:02 PM by guyjin »
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

rolins

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 05:30:40 PM »
What the hell were they thinking? The Real Ghostbusters doesn't suck. I love that cartoon no matter what anyone says.

I'm really sad that SAT morning cartoon ain't what they used to be. I pretty much stopped watching it altogether save only the new TMNT (at least once in a while). For me it started going downhill when kiddie anime entered the mix like Pokemon and Card Captors etc. I'm anime fan but the stuff imported by FOX and WB is complete rubbish.

guyjin

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 05:35:53 PM »
the last really good Saturday morning cartoon, IMHO, was Digimon, season 3.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

ceti alpha

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »
The colorist for some of the ST:TAS episodes was colorblind. this is why you sometimes see Romulans in pink shirts.

I thought you were joking around, but I just checked it out and it's actually true. I don't even know what to say about that...except that if that isn't irony, I don't know what is.  :-s

To me the decline in SMCs was the slow infiltration of light and fluffy (in other words crap) daytime sitcoms. They were usually high school shows like Saved by the Bell. Now there's hardly a scarce of cartoons on Saturday morning, except for the new Fantastic Four. It's actually quite good. One of my favourite cartoons is the Silver Surfer series. I was blown away by that. I guess the Surfer is going to make an appearance on the new cartoon, if he hasn't already - I haven't caught up on the new season.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
Who hires a colorblind colorist? What the hell?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 06:26:06 PM »
Almost all of the cartoons they mentioned aired on either weekday mornings or weekday afternoons, not on Saturday morning.  a$$holes.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 11:17:50 PM »
Almost all of the cartoons they mentioned aired on either weekday mornings or weekday afternoons, not on Saturday morning.  a$$holes.

Ghostbusters (Filmation), He-Man, and She Ra were weekdays. I'm not sure about Rambo. I'm pretty sure the rest were Saturdays.

ceti alpha

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 03:41:45 AM »
Ghostbusters (Filmation), He-Man, and She Ra were weekdays. I'm not sure about Rambo. I'm pretty sure the rest were Saturdays.

It depends. There were a lot of cartoons that aired both throughout the week or on Saturday morning. But yeah, Filmation cartoons were more often than not aired during the week.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 04:13:13 AM »

I thought you were joking around, but I just checked it out and it's actually true. I don't even know what to say about that...except that if that isn't irony, I don't know what is.  :-s

Who hires a colorblind colorist? What the hell?

BWHAHAHAHAHA! This is HILARIOUS! Maybe they felt bad for the colorist or something?  :lol:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 07:00:03 AM »
The Real Ghostbusters
Transformers
GI Joe
Thundercats
Voltron
Jem and da Hologramz
She Ra
He Man
Brave*Starr

All aired every weekday in either morning or afternoon.  The girly shows like She Ra were usually in the morning.

GUTS

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 07:16:39 AM »
Pokemon is actually a pretty good cartoon, it would have fit right in back in the 80s.  The 80s were the best time for cartoons since the industry was perfecting the whole cartoon/toy line tie-in and trying all kinds of new stuff, plus they used up all the good ideas in about a 15 year span.  Also Disney didn't suck shit back then like they have for the last decade so we got awesome shows like Ducktales and Gummi Bears.

ceti alpha

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 07:21:07 AM »
The Real Ghostbusters
Transformers
GI Joe
Thundercats
Voltron
Jem and da Hologramz
She Ra
He Man
Brave*Starr

All aired every weekday in either morning or afternoon.  The girly shows like She Ra were usually in the morning.

Voltron was weekday mornings when I was living in Ontario as a kid, but there was a 3 or 4 hour Voltron marathon every Saturday morning. It was sweet. Thundercats might have been on in the afternoons here in Scotia, but it was definitely also on Saturday mornings. Teh Realz Ghostbusters was a lunch hour occurrence when I was a kid. As for Jem and da Hologramz, I don't even want to talk about that damn cartoon. The day it replaced Robotech at 4:30pm was a sad, sad day for all kids.  :cry: HeMan and She Ra were both on in the mornings, lunch and after school. I also remember Transformers being on in the morning, lunch and after school, as well as on Saturdays.

Brave Starr was definitely a Saturday morning thing here. Was that the cartoon where the laser guns didn't kill or stun people, but rather sent them to some sort of purgatory dimension?  I always thought that was creepier than actually just killing the person. Eternity in limbo. That's just cruel and unusual.

Dark Fact

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »
Quote from: kitsunexus
BWHAHAHAHAHA! This is HILARIOUS! Maybe they felt bad for the colorist or something? :lol:
The only possible explanation for Filmation keeping a guy like that around is because he was the only colorist they could get or afford at the time.  However, I still can't understand how somebody with color blindness could even have a career as a colorist in the first place? :-k

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!