Author Topic: Ebay has done it again.  (Read 934 times)

rolins

Re: Ebay has done it again.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
Well I've def called it quits on selling anything on ebay, but it doesn't stop me from buying at least. I'll just have to stick to forum markets & craigs list to sell stuff.

quoth09

just got this email from eBay - Lowering some fees on Feb. 20th
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »
Seller Update: New Media Pricing Effective February 20

By now, we hope you've had the chance to watch the Keynote and Executive Q&A webcasts from our annual eCommerce Forum held recently in Washington D.C. We heard your comments about the need for media and category-specific pricing and are accelerating our plan to phase it in. This fee cut will coincide with the site-wide pricing changes previously announced (see Basic Fees and Feature Fees) and will take effect on February 20.

In the Books, Music, Movies and Video Game software categories, we will be offering even lower insertion fees for the first three insertion tiers as follows:

Starting Price                                                            Current Fee    New Lower Fee

$0.01 - 0.99 (auction-style only)                                  $.20                $.10

$1.00 - 9.99 (auction-style & fixed price)                        $.40            $.25

$10.00 - 24.99 (auction-style & fixed price)                       $.60           $.35

For more information on these changes, please see the latest announcement for details. By rewarding and differentiating our best sellers, we will together deliver more of the great shopping experiences found nowhere else but on eBay.

------------------------

Keynote here:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/2/0/8?loc=http://click3.ebay.com/1094322.72514.0.147904

Executive Q&A here:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/2/0/8?loc=http://click3.ebay.com/1094322.72514.0.147905

announcement here:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/2/0/8?loc=http://click3.ebay.com/1094322.72514.0.147908
Warm milk, turkey, those can make you sleepy(well, the consumption of, you can't just hand around a turkey or a glass of warm milk, & expect to fall asleep).

quoth09

Re: just got this email from eBay - Lowering some fees on Feb. 20th
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
i will probably not be the only person to notice this, but as a result of this change, as well as the lowered final value fees from before, the categories affected by this change will end up being cheaper than they were even before all this crap started.
Warm milk, turkey, those can make you sleepy(well, the consumption of, you can't just hand around a turkey or a glass of warm milk, & expect to fall asleep).

MurderDate

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »
I thought the FVF was going UP?  doubling?  no?
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Turbo D

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 06:14:08 PM »
Yes it is unfortunately  #-o

Kitsunexus

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 06:21:16 PM »
I'm not an economical-seller-type-person-dude. Is this good news or bad news?

Turbo D

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »
Its bad news. Ebay is lowering the listing fee and raising the percentage they get from the final sale price. This way they fool you into listing more items and then rape your profits. Remember that there are paypal fees too!

Kitsunexus

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 06:37:01 PM »
Its bad news. Ebay is lowering the listing fee and raising the percentage they get from the final sale price. This way they fool you into listing more items and then rape your profits. Remember that there are paypal fees too!

Thanks for the explanation, this really sucks! Which is why that gaming auction site would be a good idea.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 09:17:34 PM »
We have way too many eBay threads.  I shall merge this one with another.

DONE!

Kitsunexus

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 07:02:43 AM »
How is two way too many? Unless you mean Way2Many...

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 12:03:43 PM »
The thing everybody should be pissed about is how f*cking much Paypal takes out of payments, it's ridiculous.  It's something like .30 plus 3.5% of the payment now, f*cking insane.

No, what people should be pissed off about is that PayPal takes and transfers funds but has none of the regulations of an actual banking institution, so they can do whatever the f*ck they want with your account.  If you as much as look at them funny, they'll freeze your account and steal your money, and there is no legalistic recourse you can take against them.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »
Kisunexus, how many threads about the SAME EXACT ISSUE should be allowed before it is deemed "too many"?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »
No, what people should be pissed off about is that PayPal takes and transfers funds but has none of the regulations of an actual banking institution, so they can do whatever the f*ck they want with your account.  If you as much as look at them funny, they'll freeze your account and steal your money, and there is no legalistic recourse you can take against them.

They're not a bank, so why would they be regulated like one?  Other services (such as credit cards) also have draconian rules that stipulate the use of binding arbitration and the waiving of certain legal rights.  Anyway, Paypal's terms and conditions are spelled out quite clearly and nobody's being forced to use 'em if they disagree.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »
They're not a bank, so why would they be regulated like one?

Because they are for all intents and purposes a bank?  They have accounts where you can store money until you transfer it to an another account.  At least they should have some sort of escrow laws applied to them (which they might, I'm not sure).

draconian rules that stipulate the use of binding arbitration and the waiving of certain legal rights.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of those either.  Arbitrators aren't exactly neutral, they have a vested interest in finding for the company that uses them, or else they would lose business.

The whole financial system in the United States is pretty screwed up.  But this is the last I will speak of it since this is about eBay!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:19:13 PM by Crystal Xiphas »

MurderDate

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 12:51:09 AM »
the whole thing is screwed up
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse