Author Topic: El-Cheapo NIB TG-16 Games on Ebay  (Read 1584 times)

Sinistron

Re: El-Cheapo NIB TG-16 Games on Ebay
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 01:55:36 AM »
Yo Bro sucks something spectacular just like everyone's saying MD.  It tries- even shows some variety with shooter dream stages- but this really plays like an nes game- and not a good one.  There's also levels far later in the game that seem ludicrously difficult even on easy and you wonder why you're trying to beat it in the first place.  I got to some board- was it amoebas? -- where the enemies kept multiplying and being that you can't cover everywhere at once it seemed unfairly futile.  Again- I'd say get for the collection of US games you're amassing- but definitely don't make it a priority. And I happen to love Beach Boys music.  I'm sure Camp California is leagues better.  Nowjudging by the games you have- I'd say as far as US hucards are concerned you should worry about getting Aero Blasters, Dragon's Curse, and Soldier Blade (worry about Bonk III when you get a converter then you can save money and get pc kid III).

US CDs- if you like 2-player games you should pick up Buster Bros. and Splash Lake.  You'll love both.

Of course however you won't find new copies of AeroBlasters, Dragon's Curse and Soldier Blade for el-cheapo- but they're worth picking up first.  I'd say Dragon's Curse first, then Soldier Blade, then Aero Blasters.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:57:15 AM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 02:44:34 AM »

that's interesting - you get an english manual as well as a french one - wow !  Sounds very Canadian to me

Exactly right. These are the Canadian versions. The only thing differentiating them from the American versions is that you get an extra French game manual in the box.

My copy of Double Dungeons (bought new from TZD a few years back) came only with a cowardly French manual.  My German heritage forced its immediate surrender.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 02:45:59 AM »
My copy of Double Dungeons (bought new from TZD a few years back) came only with a cowardly French manual.  My German heritage forced its immediate surrender.

HA HA HA HA!!! I love it!   :lol:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008, 03:14:53 AM »

that's interesting - you get an english manual as well as a french one - wow !  Sounds very Canadian to me

Exactly right. These are the Canadian versions. The only thing differentiating them from the American versions is that you get an extra French game manual in the box.

That's odd-- all the Canadian versions of games I've ever come across had manuals for both languages. Maybe this was another cust-cutting measure they used on the later games?

Sinistron

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 03:32:03 AM »
I have a manual at home that's all in French- not one of those all white with black text ones like the one that came in my Dead Moon box along with the regular one.  I think it's a Veigues manual.

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2008, 03:34:42 AM »
That's odd-- all the Canadian versions of games I've ever come across had manuals for both languages. Maybe this was another cust-cutting measure they used on the later games?

Perhaps, but wasn't Double Dungeons a fairly early release?  Maybe my copy is XTR3M3LY R@RE!!1!, in which case I will gladly sell it to some sucker lucky collector for $200 and a baloney sandwich.

I have a manual at home that's all in French- not one of those all white with black text ones like the one that came in my Dead Moon box along with the regular one.  I think it's a Veigues manual.

My Double Dungeons manual is also a full color, normal looking manual (except for the different language, of course).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2008, 06:54:45 AM »
I've got the sandwich...

nat

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2008, 10:15:09 AM »
Just wanted to follow up.

I received two of the games I ordered, these were from the "SimpleSimon1966" seller.

Followup #2. Just got my two games from the second seller, MoreDiscsUK. Shipping was obviously a bit slower, but the games were packed better. While SimpleSimon shipped the first set in a box inside an envelope, and in Lochlan's case, a flimsy box that got crushed, MoreDiscs opted for a big, industrial strength box with 2.5" of padding on all sides.

The games I got from SimpleSimon were in very good condition, but the corners of the boxes inside the shrinkwrap were a little bruised (just slightly).

The two games (Talespin, Yo' Bro) I received from MoreDiscs were absolutely perfect, corners so sharp you could poke your eye out. They look like they were printed & sealed yesterday at the factory.

Interestingly enough, I went back to MoreDiscs eBay store just now and all their TG-16 stuff is gone. I guess you guys (or Redfrog  :wink:) ate it all up quick. So anyone who didn't order already... You missed your chance.

ROHfan

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
Interestingly enough, I went back to MoreDiscs eBay store just now and all their TG-16 stuff is gone. I guess you guys (or Redfrog  :wink:) ate it all up quick. So anyone who didn't order already... You missed your chance.

Supposedly MoreDiscs sold most of their stock back to Telegames UK, which is where these games came from in the first place. Apparently the owner hated video games and didn't want to deal with all the complaints he was getting. I would be very careful in dealing with them. I ordered a game back in September which I have yet to receive. They refuse to respond to any of my emails.

Turbo D

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2008, 05:13:43 PM »
I'm still waiting for my games. Is the UK still having that mail strike?

Lochlan

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »
I'm still waiting for my games. Is the UK still having that mail strike?

Are you talking about more discs limited?

If so, this might answer some questions for you: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177339

The responses from him are especially interesting.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Turbo D

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2008, 06:11:47 PM »
wow, I had no idea, lol. I hope that I eventually receive the games I paid for!

nectarsis

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
I thought Direct 4 Games was a respected seller?!?!  I seem to remeber a couple people on here talking about him before...
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Turbo D

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »
I've had good experience with him in the past. Maybe I should be more patient  :)

shubibiman

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »
I received my games on thursday. Everything seems ok, I've yet to open the games as I asked him to send them to a friend (the post office does a very bad job in my neighbourhood). But as I noticed, too, his responses to buyers' complaints are very aggressive and insultant.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion