Author Topic: El-Cheapo NIB TG-16 Games on Ebay  (Read 1581 times)

nodtveidt

Re: El-Cheapo NIB TG-16 Games on Ebay
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2008, 12:53:07 AM »
I was looking to buy a couple of games from them but the lack of combined shipping coupled with "instant pay only" didn't allow for this. Guess I was right on not buying...this guy's a complete a$$hole.

geddon_jt

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2008, 12:55:46 AM »
I was looking to buy a couple of games from them but the lack of combined shipping coupled with "instant pay only" didn't allow for this. Guess I was right on not buying...this guy's a complete a$$hole.

For whatever it's worth, I bought 3 games from him about 2 weeks ago (Ordyne, Ninja Spirit, Silent Debuggers) and the games arrived well-packed and in great condition about 8 or 9 days later. I'm in the US.

That said, the guy definitely has an attitude problem. The type of attitude where if you have any sort of problem with your order, complaining about it probably won't get you anywhere.  :roll:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:00:12 AM by geddon_jt »

nat

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
Like geddon, I got my games in great condition and I'm also in the US (west coast).

Sounds like the guy is lazy and an a$$hole but for those of you who haven't received anything, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Mine took a long time to show up, too.

guyjin

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »
what an enormous ass. i wouldn't buy from him even if he were the cheapest, most reliable seller on ebay.  :evil:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 07:30:25 AM »
My carefully packed games arrived today from morediscslimited.  It wasn't exactly speedy delivery, but three weeks isn't horrible either (like Missa's adventure was).  They're so minty fresh - I wish I had a digital camera so I could take a picture before I pop their cherries.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 08:04:09 AM »
Told ya so.

The guy may be slow, but damn he packs 'em well. Don't they look like they're fresh off the assembly line?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
They sure do, and the shrink wrap ain't crushing 'em one iota (as some peeps fear).

turbokon

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 03:22:38 AM »
I ordered a ninja spirit from moredisclimited and still haven't receive it yet.  For those that ordered from moredislimited, did you guys receivie your item yet?
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

nat

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 05:48:36 AM »
That's who we're talking about, turbokon. Give him a few more days. He was slow for all of us but the games did show up, in FANTASTIC condition.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2008, 06:12:15 AM »
Yeah, he's a slow shipper.  I ordered on 1/31, and he sent emails the following day stating that they'd been shipped.  Contrary to his communications, the postage was dated 2/12, so the bum sat on 'em for nearly two weeks before shipping.  They were nicely packed though, and in a box that originally housed six copies of Ghost Pilots for NeoGeo - kinda neat if you're a NeoGeo collector, which I'm not.

On a side note - I now have two extra copies of Silent Debuggers.  If anyone's interested, gimme a buzz.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:44:40 AM by Necromancer »

rainbow_bright

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2008, 01:17:32 AM »
All the Turbo games from more disc are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They still have Turbografxs for cheap as chips though! Thats where I got mine and I must say, excellent service. I got some neo geo games for super cheap too, before Christmas. They can be slow (even in the uk), but it all turned up. I'm going to buy myself a few more Tg16s next week. They are so cheap, you never know when you might need another one...

rainbow_bright

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2008, 01:21:48 AM »
I'm still waiting for my games. Is the UK still having that mail strike?

Are you talking about more discs limited?

If so, this might answer some questions for you: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177339

The responses from him are especially interesting.

Thats interesting, as well as buying five neo games which all came (even though some took a while..), I also got my tg16 and 4 games and also a refund for some Jaguar games which didn't show. They were actually a total pleasure to deal with. I spoke to them by email a good few times and we actually ending up cracking jokes together..

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2008, 07:46:12 AM »
The Old Rover has had a change of heart, so I no longer have the pair of Silent Debuggers available.  Sorry, folks.

turbokon

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008, 11:26:20 AM »
Finally got my sealed ninja spirit in the mail today.  Overall I'm pleased since I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

nat

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008, 11:27:11 AM »
Yeah, you really can't beat those prices. I ordered two more from SimpleSimon today.  :oops: