Author Topic: El-Cheapo NIB TG-16 Games on Ebay  (Read 1598 times)

Lochlan

Re: El-Cheapo NIB TG-16 Games on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 11:13:12 AM »
On the recommendation of this thread I bought a sealed Ordyne and Buster Bros. from this guy.  I received them today.

Very fast shipping.

Too bad the packaging was terrible!  He tossed both of them into a small cardboard box -- one on top of the other -- with no additional packaging.  Surprise, surprise, there was some pretty bad crushing on the Ordyne outer box, particularly from the Buster Bros. CD (which left a nice indent in the front of the Ordyne box).

He also charged me DOUBLE his shipping costs.  Given that, you'd think he'd try a little harder to package them well.

Edit: On a whim I sent him a message asking for a partial refund of $5 which he accepted!  He's ok with me!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:00:10 PM by Lochlan »
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

nat

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 11:14:52 AM »
Sorry to hear that Lochlan. Interestingly enough, mine was packaged in a box INSIDE another shipper. No crushing for me.

Anyhow, sorry to hear it didn't turn out better for you. I feel a little guilty.  :oops:

Lochlan

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 03:45:53 PM »
Don't feel guilty!  I knew the risks of ebay!  I wish I could say this was the first time I got something packaged poorly enough to damage the contents.

I just wanted to let people know that simplesimon is not without his faults.

nodtveidt

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 03:48:43 PM »
I just ordered two items from simplesimon, a sealed Ballistix and a sealed Yo Bro. Since they both come in airboxes, they should ship nicely. :D

Lochlan

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »
So I guess I spoke too soon.

I randomly decided to send him a message on ebay asking for a $5 partial refund (haha like shipping it back to the UK would be practical) and he accepted!  :dance: I'm dissapointed that my game is forever ruined by its shameful postal rape, but I'm reasonably satisfied with simplesimon1966 as a seller.

(lol maybe I should have tried messaging him first, then bitching about him on the internet second)

Sinistron

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 12:49:52 AM »
Just received my new Dead Moon- this one comes with a French instruction booklet- as a sticker on the outside says "Directives En Francais A L' Interieur".  Just as a curiosity- does anyone know how this affects the value of the game?  Maybe it doesn't although I'd figure that the packages with the French instructions would be rarer.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

shubibiman

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 07:27:45 AM »
Well in France, it doesn't affect the value of those games as we are used to the pc engine. These versions were destined for canadian market.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

MurderDate

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 08:49:55 AM »
I think it's basically the US TG-16 stuff that collector's want.   I'm just assuming.  I know I would be kind of bummed to get a foreign manual - but I've become a bit of a collector minded schmoe then.

Should I buy Yo' Bro?  Ordyne ??  These are the questions I'm stuck on.
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

nat

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 06:02:09 AM »
Buy 'em. This is likely the only chance you'll get the opportunity to grab them at a decent price, new.

You still get an English manual in addition to the French one.

Sinistron

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 06:05:03 AM »
ummm md- you should buy...

SOLDIERBLADE!!!

yo bro sucks wildly.
ordyne's good- not great.

but you're collecting the american games at a good clip- so I'd say get 'em all.  With urgency on SB.

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

MurderDate

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 11:56:02 AM »
yeah I want SB .. I do.    I think I decided I want Ordyne too - -  I didn't realize it was a two player until very recently.

Mr Fulci said I shouldn't miss Silent Dubuggers either.

that's interesting - you get an english manual as well as a french one - wow !  Sounds very Canadian to me

sini tell me something about Yo Bro.  People's lips are sealed on that game. None of the usual loud mouths around here have anything to say   :D
what about Keranu , what do you think ?   Are you Pro-Yo-'Bro ?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 05:02:52 PM »
People's lips are sealed on that game. None of the usual loud mouths around here have anything to say   :D

Here's one loud mouth's opinion: It sucks, hard core.  The graphics are rather primitive, the game play is monotonous and overly lengthy, the tunes are decent (if you can stomach Beach Boys, that is), and the controls are pure shit.  I'd enjoy the game a lot more if the damn bear would hop off the stupid skateboard and just walk.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 05:23:17 PM »

that's interesting - you get an english manual as well as a french one - wow !  Sounds very Canadian to me

Exactly right. These are the Canadian versions. The only thing differentiating them from the American versions is that you get an extra French game manual in the box.

sini tell me something about Yo Bro.  People's lips are sealed on that game. None of the usual loud mouths around here have anything to say   

Like Necromancer said, the game pretty much sucks. I'm buying it because I want a complete US collection. If you don't care about that, I suppose you could skip it and hold out for a copy of Camp California which is a far better game featuring the same characters.

MurderDate

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 12:04:43 AM »
yeah,  I have Camp Californi and like it a lot..  which is the why I've gotten so curious about Yo Bro.

still would like to see some gameplay footage.

ceti alpha

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 01:26:02 AM »
Exactly right. These are the Canadian versions. The only thing differentiating them from the American versions is that you get an extra French game manual in the box.

Yup. You don't know how many times I would end up swearing at the final "pit stage" of Ninja Spirit in French. Tabernac!!!!

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"