Author Topic: Joe and Nat,you guys are mods now? Cool :)  (Read 802 times)

Hobo Xiphas

Re: Joe and Nat,you guys are mods now? Cool :)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »
How did these users become moderators, and why?
Like all decisions in life, Taboo: The Sixth Sense was used in order to determine the correct course of action.

rag-time4

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »
Like all decisions in life, Taboo: The Sixth Sense was used in order to determine the correct course of action.

:lol: :lol:

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 07:05:05 PM »
How did these users become moderators, and why? I can understand The Great PCEngineFX himself being one, as he owns this website, but what about Joe Redifer and Nat? Had they achieved a certain specialty that would present them with this special rank, as opposed to, say, Black Tiger, Tatsujin, and Necromancer? Perhaps, were private messages given out to the most active members here, and everyone had declined except these two? I would like to know, as I have not found any information correlating to this. I had also thought that there was an option to be a moderater for registering, but as I had done so, I found out that this is not true.

Easily answered.
1. Both are good posters and long time members.
2. Each present different personalities,both of which can be attributed to being a good moderator and that can balance things out. Neither are typically biased in any past heated arguments,unless Joe is defending Blast Processing :P
3. Both are well known and well liked here,and don't log off for days at a time.
4. Being the final and most important point. Its Aaron's site,he can do what ever the f*ck he pleases,and choose who ever he wants. He made a good choice and there is no need to debate,defend,question,or ponder as to why or otherwise. We should really just leave it at that.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »
4. Being the final and most important point. Its Aaron's site,he can do what ever the f*ck he pleases,and choose who ever he wants. He made a good choice and there is no need to debate,defend,question,or ponder as to why or otherwise. We should really just leave it at that.

Well said.  :clap:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby

I had also thought that there was an option to be a moderater for registering, but as I had done so, I found out that this is not true.

Well this used to be true, but we had so many members banning every other member and threads getting locked and/or deleted on a whim whenever there was a disagreement such as which DIN is rounder, the TG-16 controller port or the TurboDUO controller port.  We lost so many members that we had to turn auto-moderator status off.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 02:19:49 AM »

You've overlooked this thread where Aaron asked members to apply for the position; Nat and Joe were selected from among the people that applied via PM.  I can't speak for others, but the reason that I wasn't considered for the position is because I didn't apply.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 03:36:22 AM »
Game and Watch Kirby, Aaron knows me personally in "real life" so he knows he can trust me to keep you mongrels in line.

Beyond that, Michael summed it up pretty nicely.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 06:45:08 AM »
I thank those who provided an answer for me. I now know of the ordeal better. It looks like both circumstances were correct in a sense. I often don't go to the "News and Announcements" board because I hadn't found it to be as interesting as the others since hardly any new posts are made in it.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

td741

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 06:59:27 AM »
I just use "Show unread posts"?

MissaFX

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »
How did these users become moderators, and why? I can understand The Great PCEngineFX himself being one, as he owns this website, but what about Joe Redifer and Nat? Had they achieved a certain specialty that would present them with this special rank, as opposed to, say, Black Tiger, Tatsujin, and Necromancer? Perhaps, were private messages given out to the most active members here, and everyone had declined except these two? I would like to know, as I have not found any information correlating to this. I had also thought that there was an option to be a moderater for registering, but as I had done so, I found out that this is not true.

There was a thread asking for people to apply to be mods, it was a limited time offer with limited job openings.  Given the resistance to have more mods here before those two were appointed to their positions, I highly doubt we will be adding more mods to the roster any time soon.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08