Author Topic: Hi! I'm New Here!  (Read 1468 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Hi! I'm New Here!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 04:59:51 PM »
oh and that's one crazy long name :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »
So OceanBlueKirby decided to join afterall.  :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard, HAR, HAAARRR, HAAAAAARRRRRR!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 05:11:26 PM »
Hello, OBK! I STILL LIKE THE PC-FX DRAGON. :P

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »
Welcome to the funny farm!

Sometimes, this place really is :mrgreen:!

AND NEVER YOU FORGET ABOUT TO FIGHT THE EVERYTHING!!

What is the Everything  :shock:?

oh and that's one crazy long name :D

I was going to use the "and (&)" symbol in my name, but since symbols are not accepted in usernames, I had to use the word written out. Mine's probably longer than most others  :P!

Welcome!  I already thought you were some member here, though I had no clue which.  But the second I post a Youtube link here, you pop up and that's why I though that.  Anyway, enjoy the forums!

By any chance, did you notice that I was the current newest member before you came onto this board, Joe Redifer? The reason why I knew many of the YouTubers that I've come across's PCEngineFX boards accounts was because I've discovered them while browseing here much often before my membership here. The purpose of it was to try my best to look closely into things before I getting into them.

"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Kitsunexus

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 05:30:15 PM »
Mine's probably longer than most others  :P!

Whatever helps you sleep at night...  :roll:

nat

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 05:34:13 PM »
Mine's probably longer than most others  :P!

You ought to take a lesson from me-- short & utilitarian gets the job done.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
Derrek had a longer name before he took his last ride to school, as did Ernie before he finally ditched his old pants

WoodyXP

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »

Welcome aboard GAWK.  Remember... CLIFF'S NOTES, SON!!! CLIFF'S NOTES!!!!   :lol:

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 05:59:02 PM »
So OceanBlueKirby decided to join afterall.  :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard, HAR, HAAARRR, HAAAAAARRRRRR!

I had to come here. It was only a matter of time. This forum is much too entertaining not to, especially for individuals fond of any of the NEC products!

Hello, OBK! I STILL LIKE THE PC-FX DRAGON. :P

I also like your current avatar, Kitsunexus. Mega Man certainly fits you. Of course, I didn't say how I felt about the PC-FX without a bit of research first. I found that the PC-FX hardly had any exciting titles at all, let alone exciting ones. Plus, although it is considered to be the most powerful 2-Demensional console ever made, it didn't fare well in the Japanese market at all, and failed to compete with the PlayStation and Sega Saturn, which both were released in the same year as it. Your response to my comment on that video taught me something, however: Be careful about any negative comments, as someone might complain about it eventually.

Mine's probably longer than most others  :P!

You ought to take a lesson from me-- short & utilitarian gets the job done.

Ah, I can go any length I want, Nat. It's not like anyone is stopping me :wink:.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Keranu

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 06:09:57 PM »
Of course, I didn't say how I felt about the PC-FX without a bit of research first. I found that the PC-FX hardly had any exciting titles at all, let alone exciting ones.
The fun thing about PC-FX is adventuring through it's library to find games that look playable. Even though there aren't many, it still has some neat games if you look hard enough. I think I've counted about 12 before :P . Can't wait until more games are translated and when indie development is active.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

MissaFX

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 08:22:01 PM »
I also like your current avatar, Kitsunexus. Mega Man certainly fits you. Of course, I didn't say how I felt about the PC-FX without a bit of research first. I found that the PC-FX hardly had any exciting titles at all, let alone exciting ones. Plus, although it is considered to be the most powerful 2-Demensional console ever made, it didn't fare well in the Japanese market at all, and failed to compete with the PlayStation and Sega Saturn, which both were released in the same year as it. Your response to my comment on that video taught me something, however: Be careful about any negative comments, as someone might complain about it eventually.

The PC-FX might not be the next PC-Engine, but it has some wonderful games.  You just have to really, really like Japanese games.  I don't know how I ever got along without mine.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

ceti alpha

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 12:41:52 AM »
What is the Everything  Shocked?

It's TEH EVERYTHING.  :P

As for my youtube account name it's completely different than this one, but certainly more obvious in terms of being an NEC fan. I've found a few of you on there. I should really pay more attention to my youtube account and set up my profile better.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »

The PC-FX might not be the next PC-Engine, but it has some wonderful games.  You just have to really, really like Japanese games.  I don't know how I ever got along without mine.

I like games made in Japan quite a lot, actually. However, games in Japanese that require an extensive knowledge on the language may yield to be difficult, though not completely impossible.

Quote from: Ceti Alpha
As for my youtube account name it's completely different than this one, but certainly more obvious in terms of being an NEC fan. I've found a few of you on there. I should really pay more attention to my youtube account and set up my profile better.

Yours is AvenuePad, correct? You and TootTootTheRiotBus have met/found/talked to each other about how rootbeer was good at anytime, and how he would like to have a glass with you!

ceti alpha

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 10:02:09 AM »
Yours is AvenuePad, correct? You and TootTootTheRiotBus have met/found/talked to each other about how rootbeer was good at anytime, and how he would like to have a glass with you!

That's me. :) I'll have to add you to my small friend's list. hehe

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 10:44:05 AM »
I would just like to say that I am extending my root beer offer to anyone else here who would like one.

HOWEVER, ceti_alpha gets first dibs because he is so awesome.  8)