Author Topic: Hi! I'm New Here!  (Read 1487 times)

Game and Watch Kirby

Hi! I'm New Here!
« on: February 07, 2008, 02:42:06 PM »
It’s been nearly a year since I’ve been introduced to the true aspects of the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16. When I’ve first heard about it at the end of 2004, I had thought of it as a comical loser of the video game industry with hardly any games at all. A few years later, I’ve signed up to YouTube with hopes of gaining popularity and a proper social life. At the time shortly after when was addicted to Bomberman, I had stumbled onto one of DigiHatesMakingName’s Saturn Bomberman videos. As I looked into his channel, I’ve noticed that he had a Dragon Spirit BGM video. Curiously, I had viewed it and found the sound to be amazing. I’ve distinct it as a type of sound between the NES and Sega Genesis. I didn’t know what the PC Engine was, however, thinking that it was some sort of early personal computer.

A little later, I’ve watched his Bomberman ’93 videos, and in the comments section of the one showing the ending, I saw that DigiHatesMakingNames had told a user named NewUche1234 that the game was for the PC Engine, AKA the TurboGrafx-16 in the US. I was amazed to find this out, as I thought that I would never see a game for the system (unless perhaps Virtual Console). With this discovery made, I’ve decided to look into this console more. It was at the time that I’ve found out about SuperPCEngineGrafx and his website. From it and him, I’ve learned a great deal of secrets, including the TurboDuo, Magical Chase, Ghouls and Ghosts, critic stupidity, and great soundtracks. He also was able to share his knowledge with me whenever I wanted to know something, and did it impressively well. This, and every other amazing thing that he does, has made him the coolest person I’ve met online.

On July 7, 2007, I’ve watched DigiHatesMakingName’s Final Soldier video, and a day later, I commented on it, since it was too late in the night for me to do so before. In the comment, I decided to ask if Bomberman was in the Star Soldier games, as I slightly recalled seeing him in screenshots before. He answered my question, telling me that I would need to check out Star Parodier to see him, and vowed to look my hardest for a video in which he would appear in that game. In my search, I had found three relevant videos: a commercial for the game, and two gameplay videos. I decided to simply put the commercial in my quick list, but had to choose between VirtualTurbo’s and Sunteam’s video to favor, since I only had enough space for one. Sunteam_Paul’s video was nearly twice as long, had a superior usage of music, and actually featured footage of Bomberman in play. With this choice, I commented on the video with my thoughts on each of the playable characters, as well. Shortly after, he responded to me on his thoughts on his favorite character to play as. He seemed to be such a nice guy with this, and I ultimately decided to subscribe to him. I noticed, however, that he was making a major update to his website, and seeing that he was working so exhaustively hard on it, I felt that he needed a bit of help or satisfaction within his work, so I decided to comment on many of his videos as I possibly could have an interest/something to say in. He, too, had told me any information that I wanted to know about the games his videos were based upon or pertaining to his website.

As the months had passed, these three users became less active, and the interest in this game console had slightly decreased, as my focus at the time was with my dear friend the Sony PlayStation and the Mega Man videos I was uploading for the holidays. It was raised again as the time to own a Nintendo Wii had drawn closer. I had a great deal of desire to play many of the games that I have seen through Virtual Console.

Alas, even with my birthday over, I still had not gotten my Wii as of yet, partially due to them being difficult to find, and family matters that needed to be dealt with. As both had settled, it’ll now be very possible that I will get one soon. I realize that may not fit the “minimal requirement” to at least experience the gameplay by one’s self yet, but as that time is nearer, I come here in great desire to be with these friends of mine that I've made, and in hopes that I will be exposed to real gameplay soon.

If anyone can guess who I am on YouTube, that person will get a special treat from me. The prize will depend on the user who answers correctly.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

nodtveidt

Re: Hi! I'm New Here!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the home of all things NEC console related. Welcome aboard! Enjoy your stay. :dance:

nat

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »
OceanBlueKirby?

Either way, welcome to the forums. I hope this is the beginning of a long-lasting relationship with the TurboGrafx/PC Engine. Either way, there's no better place for you to be.

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 02:59:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum dude  :).

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »
Thank you all so far who have welcomed me here. This is the first proper forum I've ever signed up to, so I'm very excited and nervous at the same time  :P!

OceanBlueKirby?

Either way, welcome to the forums. I hope this is the beginning of a long-lasting relationship with the TurboGrafx/PC Engine. Either way, there's no better place for you to be.

Heh heh...I won't be able to answer if you guess with a question. I want to make this more harder than it seems :twisted:. I'm impressed that you were able to come up with one since I don't think we've ever met before, Nat.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

nectarsis

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
Welcome  :)

The Tg-16, & PC Engine will now take over your life...and soul.  Muahahahahahahahahahha
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

ceti alpha

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
Welcome GAWK. :) I can already tell you'll be hanging around the "PC Engine Screenshot" boards a lot. Let me also say that I hope you make yourself at home - it certainly isn't hard in this place.  :mrgreen:

I'm impressed that you were able to come up with one since I don't think we've ever met before, Nat.

I'm certainly not surprised. He spotted me from another forum (Trekweb) right away after only one or two posts.  :clap:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 03:26:55 PM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
I'm impressed that you were able to come up with one since I don't think we've ever met before, Nat.

I'm psychic.

Actually, I just recognize you from your questions on YouTube. I don't have an account there, but naturally I've watched many a TG-16 video. Plus OceanBlueKirby + Game and Watch Kirby = You do the math.

So that's my final answer. OceanBlueKirby.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »
Welcome GAWK. :) I can already tell you'll be hanging around the "PC Engine Screenshot" boards a lot. Let me also say that I hope you make yourself at home - it certainly isn't hard in this place.  :mrgreen:

I just may. Those are two boards that I have a great deal of interest in. However, I'm deciding at the moment which topic I should post on after this one.

I'm certainly not surprised. He spotted me from another forum (Trekweb) right away after only one or two posts.  :clap:

Huh. That IS impressive. Yet, I've wondered, too, if I've ever been mentioned before somewhere in these forums? I have been invited over to LaZer Dorks by a topic completely devoted to me  8).

I'm psychic.

Actually, I just recognize you from your questions on YouTube. I don't have an account there, but naturally I've watched many a TG-16 video. Plus OceanBlueKirby + Game and Watch Kirby = You do the math.

So that's my final answer. OceanBlueKirby.

I suppose it was a bit obvious. You are correct! I am OceanBlueKirby of YouTube! Your prize will be recieved within the next few days (I don't quite have it set yet).

As I was deciding what to have for my YouTube account months before getting an account, I had thought of the name Ocean Blue Kirby, in dedication to my favorite colored spray paint for Kirby in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. A little later I thought of the name Game and Watch Kirby, and to me, this was much cooler to use for a name. As I signed up, however, YouTube had informed me that GameandWatchKirby had already been taken, so I had to use the name OceanBlueKirby. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to use this alternate name here.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:12:40 PM by Game and Watch Kir »

Tatsujin

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 04:20:17 PM »
well come  aboard!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »
Welcome to the funny farm!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TR0N

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 04:40:02 PM »
wElcome tO thE iNsaNe aySlum.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »
AND NEVER YOU FORGET ABOUT TO FIGHT THE EVERYTHING!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Joe Redifer

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 04:52:09 PM »
Welcome!  I already thought you were some member here, though I had no clue which.  But the second I post a Youtube link here, you pop up and that's why I though that.  Anyway, enjoy the forums!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:54:10 PM by Joe Redifer »

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 04:59:13 PM »
Postin' in a Turbo related thread.  :-"