Author Topic: Hi! I'm New Here!  (Read 1486 times)

ceti alpha

Re: Hi! I'm New Here!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
HOWEVER, ceti_alpha gets first dibs because he is so awesome.  Cool

lol. Thanks man. You're not so bad yourself.  :mrgreen:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 12:22:43 PM »
I knew without official confirmation that TootTootTheRiotBus was Xiphas.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty god damned obvious, really.

But I am tired of talking about myself.  Why I am talking about myself so much.  This is getting crazy.

Black Tiger

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2008, 02:31:25 PM »
Its about time you signed up and posted, I know you've been lurking around for a while. :clap:

Welcome a board! :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Joe Redifer

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2008, 03:34:13 PM »
I could never figure out who that Derek Lee's Retirement Pants member was.  See my name change thread.  Name changes suck because then nobody knows who you are.  Xiphas to Xiphas Classic is harmless, though (also pointless).

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »
I knew without official confirmation that TootTootTheRiotBus was Xiphas.

Again, your ability to assume who members are in other places is amazing.

Its about time you signed up and posted, I know you've been lurking around for a while. :clap:

Welcome a board! :)

Thanks, Black Tiger! I've originally browsed through these forums to keep track of his activities, just to see what he was doing pertaining to his website updates, since I've been waiting for the stuff.

Speaking of which, I DID say that I was going to pester you about it again. Be prepared for this to happen a lot more often this year if you don't get any progress done :twisted:.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:29:28 PM by Game and Watch Kir »
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 05:53:29 PM »
I could never figure out who that Derek Lee's Retirement Pants member was.  See my name change thread.  Name changes suck because then nobody knows who you are.  Xiphas to Xiphas Classic is harmless, though (also pointless).

GOD, WHY MUST I KEEP TALKING ABOUT MYSELF IN A THREAD NOT DEVOTED TO ME, IN ALL PLACES, THE TURBO BOARD.

You aren't the only one who was confused, apparently.  I changed back to Xiphas Classic specifically for people like you.  :?

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »
Shame that this board had to be moved from the TurboGrafx-16/Turbo Express/TurboDuo board to Chit-Chat. It was deemed relatable to there since I had told my story of how I've first met the system. I feel a bit sad about it, too, since I hoped that this would never happen to any of the topics that I would make in my time here :(.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

nat

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 06:36:50 PM »
Sorry Kirby, the train of discussion has derailed too far from the original topic.

Consider:

a) Posting a new topic in the Turbo forums with your story, then locking it.
b) Make an effort to keep threads on-topic from the get-go.

It's OK if conversation wanders a bit as long as it's still Turbo-related but this particular thread has transcended into another dimension.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »
Uhhh

But all threads wander into different dimensions eventually

Kitsunexus

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
Shame that this board had to be moved from the TurboGrafx-16/Turbo Express/TurboDuo board to Chit-Chat.

Aww such a shame that your girly-girl-ass thinks they can get away with not following the rules.

Keranu

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 06:47:20 PM »
I don't like the idea of locking threads either. Derails, as Black_Tiger once put it, usually make the threads more fun plus once you lock a thread, others might have some input regarding the topic but can't post it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 06:49:29 PM »
Derailing is fine, as long as it stays within the confines of the parent board. Beyond that, moving the thread is usually a good choice.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 06:54:07 PM »
Sorry Kirby, the train of discussion has derailed too far from the original topic.

Consider:

a) Posting a new topic in the Turbo forums with your story, then locking it.
b) Make an effort to keep threads on-topic from the get-go.

It's OK if conversation wanders a bit as long as it's still Turbo-related but this particular thread has transcended into another dimension.

Derailing is fine, as long as it stays within the confines of the parent board. Beyond that, moving the thread is usually a good choice.

Those are both understandable statements. I suppose, if I want to have this happen at least less frequently, that I need to be more careful of this.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 07:06:10 PM by Game and Watch Kir »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
Those are both understandable statements. I suppose, if I want to have this happen at least less frequently, that I need to be more careful of this.

GET OFF YOUR f*ckING KNEES.