Author Topic: Namco Bandai,Sega Closing Arcades All Over Japan  (Read 1032 times)

Hobo Xiphas

Re: Namco Bandai,Sega Closing Arcades All Over Japan
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »
Sure you can.

The United States managed to do it in '44-'45 with a combination of submarines and air power.  In fact, it is pretty damned easy to close Japan.  It is much harder to close Paraguay.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 08:49:43 PM »
But you know what?

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 11:27:57 PM »
four

FOUR

FOUR?!?!?!

That is an awful lot of DDR, I hope one of them is the version that contains "It's Raining Men!"

During the peak of the DDR craze I think the big arcade in Ann Arbor here had five machines, and the arcade in Brighton had...something like seven. The place in Brighten went under, but Pete's in Ann Arbor is still around. It has Guitar Freaks 5 and Drummania 5 linked, a few other Guitar Freaks games, Para Para Paradise, Dance Maniax...probably something else Beamania related.

They no longer have Beatmania IIDX Substream, Outrun 2, or GunMania. Gunmania was the most unreliable machine I've ever seen, btw.

Brighten had two copies of Punchmania: Fist of the North Star, and also the upgraded Scud Race, which I haven't played anywhere else.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 10:02:06 AM »
You must be very secure in your sexuality.

My friend payed serious cash years ago for two Para Para controllers, the game, and a JP PS2 to play it on. I even C&Ced some huge MDF holders to make the placement of controllers a snap instead of a huge pain like it is with the paper guides. I painted them pink.

After all this though we discovered something; the game isn't very good. Its also very much for 13 year old girls.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 10:07:46 AM »

My friend payed serious cash years ago for two Para Para controllers, the game, and a JP PS2 to play it on. I even C&Ced some huge MDF holders to make the placement of controllers a snap instead of a huge pain like it is with the paper guides. I painted them pink.

After all this though we discovered something; the game isn't very good. Its also very much for 13 year old girls.

I also like Beatmania. Those 2 games are the only non-American rhythm games besides Keyboardmania that don't make you look like an ass when you play them.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »

Why yes, yes I am.

Funny thing is that I encouraged some straight guy on the Internet who loves DDR to use that song whenever he went to an arcade.  The first time he used it, he immediately got hit on by a bunch of gay guys.  8)

He hasn't used it since, hahahaha!

Kitsunexus

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 10:59:23 AM »
Why would you put "It's Raining Men" in DDR anyway? It would be better to put "Who Can It Be Now" by Men At Work.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 11:02:25 AM »
I also like Beatmania. Those 2 games are the only non-American rhythm games besides Keyboardmania that don't make you look like an ass when you play them.

I love Beatmania. If you think Para2 *doesn't* make you look like an ass then...well, you're just wrong. This goes for whether or not you are actually playing it right or not.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 12:19:01 PM »
I went to the mall and bought Taito Legends 1 for PS2 and a Hori DOA 4 stick for my 360. Without noticing for a while, I look over where the Namco Cyberstation is and now there is a small ass Foot Locker. So now there is just a mini arcade in the mall and a Chuck e Cheese that is left in town. I may check out Chuck e Cheese just to see what they have. I hope they have Afterburner Climax.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 01:40:53 PM »
I'd really like to try Afterburner Climax. If its anywhere near as great as Outrun 2 (and its upgrades/sequels) than its worth a 2 hour drive at least. I *love* Outrun 2.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 05:56:18 PM »
Everyone loves Outrun 2.

AM2 is the only thing making good stuff in Sega still.  I guess they didn't get the memo that anything with the Sega name is now supposed to suck.  :-#

Kitsunexus

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »
I went to the mall and bought Taito Legends 1 for PS2

You need to get TL2 as well, it rules.

I also want to try AB:C.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »
I went to the mall and bought Taito Legends 1 for PS2

You need to get TL2 as well, it rules.

I also want to try AB:C.

Yeah they used to have a copy TL2 at that EB, but some jack ass took the last one. Actually, it was my fault for not picking it up when I thought about it while there the last time. I never played Thunderfox before, what a damn fun game. It is way, way better than Ninja Warriors.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 07:29:54 PM »
It is way, way better than Ninja Warriors.

Dude.....no.