Author Topic: 5 player Duo mod.  (Read 345 times)

Black Tiger

5 player Duo mod.
« on: February 10, 2008, 04:27:44 AM »
Do any of the experts think it would be possible to mod a Duo Tap into a Duo system? Ideally so that there are 5 holes in the front like an N64 or Dreamcast.

If not a Duo, how about a TG-16, SuperGrafx or some other system?

If this mod was done on a TG-16, I'd suggest using a Duo Tap so the user doesn't have to track down so many Turbo Pads.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nodtveidt

Re: 5 player Duo mod.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 04:56:12 AM »
This kind of this has been discussed before, and it's always ended with the mutual agreement that it's not a good idea. Some early games don't cope well with the tap plugged in, such as China Warrior.

termis

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 05:28:03 AM »
The TG16 has probably the most room to play with, so I'd go with that if I were to do such a thing.

This kind of this has been discussed before, and it's always ended with the mutual agreement that it's not a good idea. Some early games don't cope well with the tap plugged in, such as China Warrior.

I suppose one can build in a switch on the bottom of the unit to turn off the other 4 ports to make the circuitry go back to its original state for games that have issues with the tap. 

Sound like an interesting idea, but I'm not so good with a dremel.  I'd pry have 5 holes all out of line & in different sizes. :?

nat

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 06:17:06 AM »
Beyond the problems that have already been mentioned, one advantage the "real" Tap had was that it added a little bit of length to all the controllers. Without a physical tap, you and your buddies are going to have to sit that much closer to the system/TV unless you want to hunt down extension cords for all your controllers.