Author Topic: Happy Valentines Day!  (Read 1163 times)

Game and Watch Kirby

Happy Valentines Day!
« on: February 14, 2008, 05:33:57 AM »
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
the TurboGrafx-16 is awesome,
and so are the games!

I hope that each of the members here have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Even if your gift to your loved one is not yet purchased, you still have time to buy and bring one. For all of you, since Nat was expecting these from me, I give you a box of chocolates for your delight!

Enjoy :)!
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

FM-77

Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 05:49:48 AM »
Valentine's Day is for uncreative doods. Why give a gift to your loved one on this particular day? I haven't even mentioned it to mine. Why not be interesting and do it some other, individually special day, or even once every week (or various random days)?

This commercial day needs to be banned (kind of like myself).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 05:51:19 AM by FM-77 »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 06:50:59 AM »
It's too late now, but these are the perfect gift for a gamer girlfriend (a rare beast).  Happy Hallmark holiday to whoever gives a shit.  Tomorrow's even worse - 'Random Acts of Kindness Day'.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sinistron

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:58:45 AM »
some of my girlfriend's tastes have developed straight out of my turbografx love.  For instance- last Christmas among her gifts were Doraemon slippers and a Doraemon doll.  She loves them- doesn't walk around the apartment without the slippers on.  If I could find something with Bubby and Bobby in human form she'd eat that shit up too.  :D

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Kitsunexus

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 07:02:27 AM »
Bah humbug.

OldTurboBastard

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:43:23 AM »
Valentine's Day is for uncreative doods. Why give a gift to your loved one on this particular day? I haven't even mentioned it to mine.

I'm curious to see how she reacts to that   :-k - although I agree with your statement. I remember my first V-day as a married man in line at the florist with all the other beaten men - it was sad and defeating!!
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
Valentine's Day is for uncreative doods. Why give a gift to your loved one on this particular day?

That's logic.  Logic doesn't apply to Valentine's Day.  Participate or face the wrath of the female majority.

nodtveidt

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 02:08:04 PM »
Neither my wife nor I give two shits about this day. We worked as usual all day long, and laughed at all the sorry suckers out there who fall for this bullshit year after year. I love February 14th. :D

TR0N

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 03:35:43 PM »
No offense just another day on the calendar to me.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 03:41:58 PM »
Neither my wife nor I give two shits about this day. We worked as usual all day long, and laughed at all the sorry suckers out there who fall for this bullshit year after year. I love February 14th. :D

Congratulations!  :clap:

MissaFX

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 04:01:20 PM »
That's logic.  Logic doesn't apply to Valentine's Day.  Participate or face the wrath of the female majority.

So very true :D
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »
It seems that there are a bunch of users who dislike Valentine's Day, for whatever reason that would be from having too many heartbreaks to being a nuisance. I've came up with a poem that would suit these individuals:

Valentine's Day, oh Valentine's Day.
I curse you for all the hatred that you bring,
for all the pain that you sing,
and for all the taunting mushiness that you ring.
No enjoyment is such a thing!

Cupid deserves to burn in hell.
Chocolates give me stomachaches,
The flowers die off eventually,
And for the kisses and hugs,
Sometimes with cards,
They'll all be forgotten, too.
It's not worth it either way.

Valentine's Day, oh Valetines Day
At least you only last for a single one.
That is the one thing
Making me sleep well.

It seems that actually a lot of people I've seen online don't care about this day, but it is a celebration of love, and it is a good holiday to me either way (especially if it comes with chocolates and stuffed animals :D). In fact, it's been a pretty good day to get married here in Las Vegas, as the wedding chapels were pretty busy as I've heard on the news.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

nat

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »
Did you take the time to get married today, too?

Keranu

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »
Las Vegas: The City of Love
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 04:40:32 PM »
It seems that there are a bunch of users who dislike Valentine's Day, for whatever reason that would be from having too many heartbreaks to being a nuisance. I've came up with a poem that would suit these individuals:

I curse you for all the hatred that you bring,
for all the pain that you sing,
and for all the taunting mushiness that you ring.
No enjoyment is such a thing!

Cupid deserves to burn in hell.
Chocolates give me stomachaches,
The flowers die off eventually,
And for the kisses and hugs,
Sometimes with cards,
They'll all be forgotten, too.
It's not worth it either way.

Valentine's Day, oh Valetines Day
At least you only last for a single one.
That is the one thing
Making me sleep well.

It seems that actually a lot of people I've seen online don't care about this day, but it is a celebration of love, and it is a good holiday to me either way (especially if it comes with chocolates and stuffed animals :D). In fact, it's been a pretty good day to get married here in Las Vegas, as the wedding chapels were pretty busy as I've heard on the news.

Well we now know what Mr. Thompson meant by Fear and Loathing...