Author Topic: Happy Valentines Day!  (Read 1165 times)

Hobo Xiphas

Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 04:43:42 PM »
Las Vegas: The City of Love

Well, it certainly isn't the Biggest Little City in the World.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »

Wouldn't that be the SeaMonkey castle?

nodtveidt

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »
Valentine's Day is a commercial holiday located approximately halfway between Christmas and Easter. It's a necessary event to keep retail sales up during the off-season. That's one of the reasons I don't celebrate it. The other one is the lame-ass reasons people give FOR celebrating it..."it's a day to celebrate your love for somebody!". Well shit, if you need a holiday reminder to NOT BE A f*ckING JACKASS TOWARDS YOUR PARTNER, you've got bigger problems to deal with. And besides, all the stupid bullshit people do on February 14th...my wife and I do this kind of stuff for each other almost every day of the year. We don't need a moronic commercial holiday to tell us how or when to do it, and we're not going to do it just because it's 'expected of us'. It loses all meaning if you do these things just because it's a social norm.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 04:53:05 PM »
I understand what you and Seldane are saying, but there is no need to get all RAGE AGAINST THE CORPORATE MACHINE about it.

Or do you do this with Christmas, Native American Day, and Casimir Pulaski Day too?

Kitsunexus

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 04:57:20 PM »
RAGE AGAINST THE CORPORATE MACHINE

That would be the perfect name for a Top 40 pop group.

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »

Wouldn't that be the SeaMonkey castle?
Reno!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 07:29:07 AM »
Did you take the time to get married today, too?

ME? GET MARRIED :P? No. I'm too young to do so right now, anyway.

Las Vegas: The City of Love

Actually, Las Vegas is typically known as Sin City. We used to have a more family-friendly environment with more theme parks and kid-friendly activities, but a large sum of money was lost and not enough of it was gained from them, so it had to return to being Sin City again. With the large amount of growth we've been dealing with, some folks had worried in past years that it could become another Los Angelos.

Don't forget, too, that President's Day is on Monday, so be sure to enjoy the day off of work and school, and celebrate it any way you do :)!
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »
Don't forget, too, that President's Day is on Monday, so be sure to enjoy the day off of work and school, and celebrate it any way you do :)!

Bah, humbug!  I'll be working on Monday, as I'm not a teacher, banker, or government employee.  To those who do get it off: screw you!  :P
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MissaFX

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 07:41:58 AM »
Actually, Las Vegas is typically known as Sin City.

5 cent video poker and dollar import beers in copious supply make Missa happy, badly!

Although my heart really belongs to Reno, I prefer the less flashy atmosphere, cheaper prices.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nat

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 07:44:27 AM »

Bah, humbug!  I'll be working on Monday, as I'm not a teacher, banker, or government employee.  To those who do get it off: screw you!  :P

Yeah, that day is a joke, along with 95% of the other holidays during the year. Just another excuse to let the f*cking mail back up.

ME? GET MARRIED :P? No. I'm too young to do so right now, anyway.

Nonsense, you're what, 19? I've known tons  of people younger than you to have gotten married.

All kidding aside though, I agree about waiting on marriage until you're older. Most 19 and 20 year olds I know that have gotten married got divorced within a few years, sometimes less.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:55:18 AM by nat »

MissaFX

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 07:51:48 AM »
Nonsense, you're what, 19? I've known tons  of people younger than you to have gotten married.

Valdius tribute post
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »
Yeah, that day is a joke, along with 95% of the other holidays during the year. Just another excuse to let the f*cking mail back up.

We take Lincoln's Birthday very seriously out here, thank you very much.

nat

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 11:40:04 AM »
I take your mom very seriously. Doesn't mean I get to take a day off work to do so.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 11:47:08 AM »
Who wants to get married? It's a bunch of sharing and caring and all that hippy shit, plus it means extra responsibility and comittment, and also NOW YOU HAVE TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON SOMEONE ELSE AS WELL.

f*ck that noise. I was born single, I'm living single, I WILL DIE SINGLE.

I never thought I would quote Jay-Z, but  it you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.  :dance:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:04:15 PM by Kitsunexus »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
Sorry, but society demands you get married.  If you don't, society might think you're a gay homosexual.