Author Topic: Minneapolis, MN strikes again!!!  (Read 559 times)

MissaFX

Minneapolis, MN strikes again!!!
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:27:39 AM »
Recently I purchased some games from Rover which ended up getting shipped to MN because of a scammer...

Anyways this cursed place has struck again when I got the following email from Netflix

MORAL OREL: VOL. 1: DISC 1 was not available at your local shipping center. Instead, we will be shipping this movie from Minneapolis, MN on the next business day. As usual, you will receive a movie shipped email confirming the shipment.

Huh?  They are shipping it to me from the other side of the US?  It is a movie listed as available now AND there are Netflix sites all over the west coast.  Half the time I get a disc from another state it arrives cracked to boot!

My next disc:

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 2.0: DISC 3 was not available at your local shipping center. Instead, we will be shipping this movie from Tacoma, WA on the next business day. As usual, you will receive a movie shipped email confirming the shipment.

Lastly my third disc:

Masters of Horror: Lucky McKee: Sick Girl was not available at your local shipping center. Instead, we will be shipping this movie from Minneapolis, MN on the next business day. As usual, you will receive a movie shipped email confirming the shipment.

o_0  0_o  Ummm why god?  Why?  I was supposed to have one of the first two discs for when I went to my father's for dinner on Wed (he lives in the country with no TV service available, so I bring something like a TV series he would be interested in so he can kinda keep in touch with the outside world).  At least shipping from Washington is ok, but I have only maybe had 10 discs sent from other states in all the years I have been with netflix and now 3 all in 1 day???
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Joe Redifer

Re: Minneapolis, MN strikes again!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:05:52 AM »
I'm a bit confused.  Wouldn't you have PM'd your proper address to Rover?

Also, perhaps it is time to change the password on your eBay and Paypal accounts and go back in and make sure all of the addresses, etc are correct.

nodtveidt

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »
Our deal was worked out in the end...the package is now on its way to the correct destination. But the thing was that someone DID PM me...using her name and account...on ebay. Luckily, the people who received the item sent it back to me so I was able to reship it. I dunno what's going on but she's having all kinds of bad luck lately.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:21:57 AM »
That sure is some shitty luck.  Beware, bad things run in threes.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MissaFX

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »
I'm a bit confused.  Wouldn't you have PM'd your proper address to Rover?

Also, perhaps it is time to change the password on your eBay and Paypal accounts and go back in and make sure all of the addresses, etc are correct.

What happened was someone using an exploit to PM rover making it look like I sent it.  He also got another days later telling him to ship another item to the same address.  Weeks ago I looked into all angles of this problem and at no time did I have any account hijacked.  Other sellers on ebay are getting "scammed" the same way.  Personally I always ship to people's Paypal verified address...

But the point of this thread isn't about the scam so much as it is about this Netflix madness.  Seriously, what is up with that?  It's just a strange coincidence with MN in my shipping adventure recently.  I just have to think though there had to be a copy of an "available" movie closer to me than MN.  And 2 movies??
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

Joe Redifer

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
Well, just as long as you get your movies and aren't charged extra in any way, all seems fine.

MissaFX

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 09:39:58 AM »
Well, just as long as you get your movies and aren't charged extra in any way, all seems fine.

It kinda does cost me extra because usually when they come out of state it takes 4 days to arrive instead of 1.  And with the fact they are often broken, I have to send it back and wait for another copy, which usually comes from my normal service senter :shock:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 09:54:53 AM »
Ug.  Often broken?  Remind me to avoid Netflix.  Clearly they do not check their products upon return.

MissaFX

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »
Ug.  Often broken?  Remind me to avoid Netflix.  Clearly they do not check their products upon return.

Yes, but only when they are in the mail for a long time, like when shipped to me from out of state.  I think it is the USPS that kills the disc.  It's not Netflix's fault, cept that they shouldn't ship a disc accross country in something thinner than printer paper without any protection at all.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »
It is Netflix's fault.  They should know what the disc has to go through to arrive at a destination.  They are just being cheap.

MurderDate

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 12:47:23 PM »
Missa - that happens to me with Netflix a lot.  It sucks.  A movie from out of state can clog up the rotation for almost a week !
I think the MPLS thing is a coincidence though. The disks just happened to be coming from there.   Never set a toe in Minnesota!
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Sinistron

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 03:18:09 AM »
"Sick Girl" was one of the few "Masters of Horror" (please) eppys I actually liked- Lucky McKee's "May" is good as well.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

MissaFX

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 06:52:20 AM »
"Sick Girl" was one of the few "Masters of Horror" (please) eppys I actually liked- Lucky McKee's "May" is good as well.

I thought Masters of Horror: Season 1: Vol. 4 (Imprint) was the best of them so far.  Masters of Horror: Dario Argento: Pelts was my second favorite.  On the whole I think they are better than 50% of the B movie horrors that come out, and since I watch a lot of horror, I figured I might as well watch all of these.  At least they have a Showtime budget in each episode. :mrgreen:

Sinistron

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 06:54:49 AM »
Oh hell yes Missa- Imprint definitely was the best- the one they didn't air- the only one I bought.  I love Takashi Miike.

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

MissaFX

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 07:52:10 AM »
Oh hell yes Missa- Imprint definitely was the best- the one they didn't air- the only one I bought.  I love Takashi Miike.

Me too, he is the most wonderful Japanese filmmaker ever!