Author Topic: MY THOUGHTS ON POP 'N MAGIC  (Read 1173 times)

hoobs88

Re: MY THOUGHTS ON POP 'N MAGIC
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »
I am gonna be the Devil's advocate here and suggest that Don Doko Don is the better of the two games. I have been a huge fan of the Bubble Bobble games and after noticing that sellers were trying to make a sale with these games they would name drop "Bubble Bobble". Don Doko Don was initially supposed to be titled Bubble Bobble 4 and is made by Taito. It has great music, similar enemies, and similar power up items...everything you would expect from a Bubble Bobble game. Pop N' Magic on the hand only has a couple of powerups, the stages all seem the same and quite monotonous (the only thing to break the monotony is end bosses and new worlds every 10 stages) and the only similarity to Bubble Bobble would be that when wave your wand at an enemy, they get trapped in a bubble. You can't even combo enemies together to get more points or giant fruits.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Sinistron

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 07:23:04 AM »
that's not exactly true hoobs- there is a way to combo an enemy bubble into multiple bubbles.

As for your assessment on don doko don-
I have to say that the music is horrendous, the graphics look like an early computer game, and that the game is 1/10th the fun of Pop 'n Magic...

also it'd be a pitiful sequel to Parasol Stars- one of the greatest ever.

Just my opinion of course...  :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:23:17 AM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 05:55:38 AM »
Necro bump! I just got this game and it's pretty rad. I might even try to clear it :)
Any other fans?
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 08:57:01 AM »
Necro bump! I just got this game and it's pretty rad. I might even try to clear it :)
Any other fans?

I have wanted this game for a while. I had a chance to buy it cheap years go and I can't believe I bought some bullsh@t like Star Mobile or Color Wars instead....

...I never pick the winners.
  |    | 

shubibiman

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
Pop N Magic is fun and better than Don Doko Don, but way behind Parasol Stars. graphics are Ok but colours are not always well chosen. The background graphic tricks are cool though. I don't think it's the best game in its category but it's still a cool game. Star Mobile is cool too but not in the same genre.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »
The music is kind of lame, but other than that, the game is f*cking great.  One of my favorite games on the console.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2013, 02:22:56 PM »
I got to level 4 and yeah the background scrolling is really awesome! I also found out if you pause the game you can toggle the screen size to more of an arcade setting by pressing up and down when paused.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »
I will gladly pay postage for anyone willing to send me the game. Thanks in advance
  |    |