Author Topic: Your Favorite System From This Generation  (Read 1361 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: Your Favorite System From This Generation
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 04:27:09 AM »
PS2 has a LOT of great games, actually. Great racing, 2D fighters, SHMUPs, great instant gratification games. The only  thing XBOX over it had was like 4 SEGA titles and some third-party EA stuff.

ceti alpha

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 05:02:39 AM »
PS2 has a LOT of great games, actually. Great racing, 2D fighters, SHMUPs, great instant gratification games. The only  thing XBOX over it had was like 4 SEGA titles and some third-party EA stuff.

And Halo I and II. But we're not going to convince each other to join our respective sides any time soon.  :) There's no way anyone can convince me the PS2 is better than the Xbox at this stage in the game. As for the DC, I'll be more than willing to change my vote. Can't wait to see the DC in action.  =P~

I also find it funny that Sony intended the PS2 to become the family’s interface to the coming future’s multimedia entertainment center. That certainly didn't pan out for them, though the Xbox was certainly successful in that arena.  :P

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Kitsunexus

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 05:05:27 AM »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 11:21:07 AM »
Quote from: SignO'Zeta

The possible exception would be Outrun, but not that's not a factor either since further developed versions of Outrun appeared only on PS2, and PSP.

Whatchu talkin' about?  Both Out Run 2 and Out Run Coast 2 Coast also appeared on Xbox.  Unless you are talking about the wimpy Sega Ages Out Run remake on the PS2.

ceti alpha

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 11:24:38 AM »
SUCKS

That's true, but only if by SUCKS you mean "Super Unbelievably Cool Killer Software".

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 12:22:58 PM »
The PlayStation 2 is great because it has great exclusive third party games.  The Dreamcast is great because it has some of the best first party games ever and some great third party games.  I used to make fun of the PlayStation 2 but really it managed to end up in a decent position because it had some very good third party support.  There is truly something for everyone.

Quote from: SignOfZeta
2) Sega sports games, only availible on DC, are less shit, or at least thats what people I know who actually play sports crap say.

World Series Baseball 2k1 was great.  World Series Baseball 2k2 was awful.  I haven't played any PS2 or Xbox sports games so I don't know how they compare.

FM-77

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 05:20:28 AM »
Sports games are shit by default. There are NO exceptions! This is the ultimate truth, and if you disagree with this, you are wronger than any man has ever been. You deserve a price for being so unbelievably wrong. A really terrible price.

The ONLY Xbox games that aren't SHIT are Halo 1-2, and they are totally unplayable garbage compared to the PC versions.

rolins

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 05:26:55 AM »
Sports games are shit by default. There are NO exceptions!

Seriously, you need to play Golden Tee. It might change your mind.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 05:36:04 AM »

Or Wii Sports.  There's something wrong with you if you don't have fun playing Tennis with a buddy.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 06:06:51 AM »
The ONLY Xbox games that aren't SHIT are Halo 1-2, and they are totally unplayable garbage compared to the PC versions.

Actually, the PC version of 2 is even more shit than the Xbox version. The PC version of 1 is ace though.

rainbow_bright

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:01 AM »
None of these systems! :P

:) 16 bit forever

Keranu

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »
I don't think a lot of people realize that there ARE good sports games out there if you look beyond the typical garbage EA and the likes release each year.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 02:35:15 PM »
But are they as good as Tommy Lasorda Baseball?

SignOfZeta

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »

I seriously hope that is a joke. I like many sports games (virtually nothing "pro" or licensed though) but Golden Tee is one step up from a redemption machine.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 04:04:29 PM »

I seriously hope that is a joke. I like many sports games (virtually nothing "pro" or licensed though) but Golden Tee is one step up from a redemption machine.

Don't tarnish the name of redemption machines with that Golden Tee crap! REDEMPTION MACHINES GIVE TICKETS WITH WHICH TO EARN SPIIIIIIDER RIIIIIINGS!!! ^__________^