Author Topic: Part Man, Part Machine, All Cop. The Future of Law Enforcement!  (Read 903 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Part Man, Part Machine, All Cop. The Future of Law Enforcement!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 08:29:31 PM »
Roboco = teh rox0r!! but only the Criterion ed.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

quoth09

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:01:11 AM »
I saw the PS2 version of robocop today, which suprised me; didn't think anyone still cared.

I immediately thought of this thread, of course.

That game sucks, and so does the X-Box version. Steer clear of it as far as you can.
The game play sucks, and the graphics are ass.
As for anyone still caring, the people that made that game apparently don't.
Warm milk, turkey, those can make you sleepy(well, the consumption of, you can't just hand around a turkey or a glass of warm milk, & expect to fall asleep).

ceti alpha

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 08:04:57 AM »
My favourite part of that movie was when the radio-active man gets splattered all over the car. lol  8) The most disturbing scene is near the beginning when our hero gets killed.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Kitsunexus

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »
The most disturbing scene is near the beginning when our hero gets killed.

Dude, a class full of kindergarten kids laughed at that. It's not disturbing.

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »
The most disturbing scene is near the beginning when our hero gets killed.

Dude, a class full of kindergarten kids laughed at that. It's not disturbing.
Kids can also be crazy. When I watched that scene for the first time in a long time some years ago, I was blown away by how evil and gorey it was. It was quite awesome 8) . God they just don't make movies like they used to, can you imagine if they added CG for something like that?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 07:32:18 PM »
Roboco = teh rox0r!! but only the Criterion ed.

The Robocop 1-3 set has the Dir cut,and the new 2 disc set of part 1 has it also with new extras.The Criterion isn't as needed now because of this.

Tatsujin

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »
criterion ed. = ultimate "unnecessary" violation exposure = true robocop :mrgreen:

part two was still very OK, also thanx to tom noonan in his excellent character role as cain.

part 3 = teh big FAIL!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ceti alpha

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 05:04:52 AM »
i loved how the first movie was as serious as possible. The second one was more graphic but also leaned more towards the sci-fi category, number 3 was easily the worst of the trilogy, with a dumbed down story line and a PG-13 rating.

The first movie is a classic. The second was pushing it a little, but still watchable. I don't even remember the third installment except that someone else was playing Murphy/Robocop.

rag-time4

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 10:52:17 PM »
i loved how the first movie was as serious as possible. The second one was more graphic but also leaned more towards the sci-fi category, number 3 was easily the worst of the trilogy, with a dumbed down story line and a PG-13 rating.

The first movie is a classic. The second was pushing it a little, but still watchable. I don't even remember the third installment except that someone else was playing Murphy/Robocop.

Ceti, re-reading the thread... I couldn't figure out who you quoted here....  8-[ :?:

Anyway, I didn't see the story in Robocop 3 as being dumbed down back when I saw it... Maybe that's true, but I think that number 3's problems are more on the emotional side.

There were way too many new actors... having a new actor for Robocop killed the movie emotionally for me... or maybe it was just the storytelling.

There were far too many cheesy moments too.... like the ED-209 puppy scene.

In the first movie, ED-209 was something to be feared, even though by the end of the movie Robocop was able to make short work of him... In the second two, he was used more for comic relief.

Was it just me or did the mercenaries that Robocop was fighting against in Robocop 3 make no use at all of ED-209 in their field operations? A shortcoming of both Robocop 2 and 3 was that I don't remember seeing a Robocop vs ED-209 fight scene...

I would love to see a Robocop 4... there is so much political material with the Bush administration that could be used to criticize the links between the US Government, Big Business, and widespread human suffering that were such important themes of the first film.

Gotta get the original actors, though. And they gotta get ED-209 in there making his presence felt.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 10:55:07 PM by rag-time4 »

ceti alpha

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 04:51:55 AM »
Ceti, re-reading the thread... I couldn't figure out who you quoted here....  Anxious Question

Yeah, I've been noticing that when I quote someone it doesn't say who it's from.  :-k How do I make quotes that actually say who the quote is from?

Anyway, I didn't see the story in Robocop 3 as being dumbed down back when I saw it... Maybe that's true, but I think that number 3's problems are more on the emotional side.

There were way too many new actors... having a new actor for Robocop killed the movie emotionally for me... or maybe it was just the storytelling.

There were far too many cheesy moments too.... like the ED-209 puppy scene.

In the first movie, ED-209 was something to be feared, even though by the end of the movie Robocop was able to make short work of him... In the second two, he was used more for comic relief.

Was it just me or did the mercenaries that Robocop was fighting against in Robocop 3 make no use at all of ED-209 in their field operations? A shortcoming of both Robocop 2 and 3 was that I don't remember seeing a Robocop vs ED-209 fight scene...

I would love to see a Robocop 4... there is so much political material with the Bush administration that could be used to criticize the links between the US Government, Big Business, and widespread human suffering that were such important themes of the first film.

Gotta get the original actors, though. And they gotta get ED-209 in there making his presence felt.

Agreed.

rag-time4

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 06:25:02 AM »
Yeah, I've been noticing that when I quote someone it doesn't say who it's from.   How do I make quotes that actually say who the quote is from?

My thing is I couldn't find the text you quoted anywhere in the thread...??

As for your penchant for anonymous quoting... Try using the script: {quote="Rag-time4"][/quote]

Or just use the quote button on a thread, or you can click the "insert quote" link at the bottom of the page that lists the several most recent posts in a thread.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 06:27:05 AM by rag-time4 »

ceti alpha

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 11:10:52 AM »
Yeah, I've been noticing that when I quote someone it doesn't say who it's from.   How do I make quotes that actually say who the quote is from?

My thing is I couldn't find the text you quoted anywhere in the thread...??

As for your penchant for anonymous quoting... Try using the script: {quote="Rag-time4"]

Or just use the quote button on a thread, or you can click the "insert quote" link at the bottom of the page that lists the several most recent posts in a thread.
[/quote]

ahhhhhh :idea: Thanks. I never really noticed that before.  8-[

As for the mysterious quote, I can't seem to find it anywhere either.  :-k hmmm...

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »
the real question is who would win: the t-800 or robocop

Turbo D

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »

Gundam would pwn them both.

Keranu

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »
You beat me again!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).