Author Topic: CLAWS OUT! CUTE-EM-UP CATFIGHT  (Read 1008 times)

Keranu

Re: CLAWS OUT! CUTE-EM-UP CATFIGHT
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »
Star Parodia has struck a chord with me ever since I first played it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

awack

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 05:29:21 AM »
I agree with Shubibiman, this was hardest decision so far with games like cotton, magical chase, air zonk, parodius and star parodia, in the end it came down to cotton and mag chase, i went mag chase.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 08:59:14 AM »
Does anyone know where the English translation of Hana Taakadaka!? came from? I'm not saying its wrong or anything, but "Super Long-nosed Goblin" doesn't seem right. The "super" part specifically is mysterious.

Is there an export arcade version of this game that had that name by any chance?

More accurate translations, as far as I can tell, would be something like, "Its Long Nose!?" or something like that. Maybe, "WTF, Long Nose!?". I don't see "goblin" or "super" in there anywhere.

Black Tiger

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 05:47:21 AM »
Nothing can beat Toilet Kids.  That game is just TOO GOOD!  In fact, I think it's pure awesomeness works against it since most humans were not designed to handle that much greatness and they break.

Pedo.
Also, any real sega fan would have voted for Fantasy Zone.

Any real Fantasy Zone fan wouldn't have voted for Fantasy Zone.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MurderDate

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »
I've been playing Ordyne today.  I think it's great.  I know it's not the most popular game on this forum but I think it is an important game in the TG16 library.  The graphics are awesome - the epitome of it's time.  Some of the music is fantastic too.  This game wasn't even on my want list - I just ended up with it - now I'm glad I have it.  Highly recommended.
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

MissaFX

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »
I play Cotton on the PSX as God himself intended.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nat

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 04:31:16 AM »
Cotton on the Turbo seems like a pretty fantastic port, how is the PS1 version better?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 04:50:43 AM »

Wrong!  ](*,)

Cotton on the Turbo seems like a pretty fantastic port, how is the PS1 version better?

It isn't.  Especially not Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%, which is a port of the SNES game.  However, the PS port of Fantastic Night Dreams is just as good as the PCE version and damn near arcade perfect.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

awack

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 06:31:51 AM »
Cotton for the pc engine is an amazing port, a port i thought would not have been impossible if i hadn't played it.

The best way to explane it is to compare it to the closest thing on a rival system, cotton 100% for super famicom which has allot of the same effects and similar sprites, for example, where is a effect such as lightning, dragon or an explotion might have around 7, 8 and 5 frames in cotton 100%, there will around 22, 26 and 11 in cotton for the pc engine, as well as some of the sprites being far better animated and so on.

Its truly superb, infact you can make a comparison on how Dracula xx compares to Rondo, both pc engine games, both are Super Cd's and both Super Famicom games are 16 MB, which is huge for a rather short action game and a shooter although the cuts in Dracula xx animations, details and such are far, far worse.

MissaFX

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 09:02:57 AM »

Wrong!  ](*,)

It isn't.  Especially not Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%, which is a port of the SNES game.  However, the PS port of Fantastic Night Dreams is just as good as the PCE version and damn near arcade perfect.

Well when I got it back in the day for 25 bucks including shipping I was pretty dang excited.  Although back then I never dreamed I would actually ever own PC-E hardware
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Sinistron

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 09:21:06 AM »
For the record I surrendered early-  :-"

Ordered Nat a loose Skweek.  Enjoy your mediocre cart Nat!  :wink:

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

guyjin

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 09:51:58 AM »

more proof there isn't one.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

nodtveidt

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 01:26:15 PM »
Why? What's wrong with the PCE port of Fantasy Zone? I think it's better than the SMS version by leaps and bounds.

Black Tiger

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »
Why? What's wrong with the PCE port of Fantasy Zone? I think it's better than the SMS version by leaps and bounds.

Whenever I see self-proclaimed Fantasy Zone-fans talk about FZ games, they always trash the Turbo/PCE version.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nodtveidt

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
Whenever I see self-proclaimed Fantasy Zone-fans talk about FZ games, they always trash the Turbo/PCE version.
Hrm...I guess they prefer the less-colorful, screechy-sound SMS version then.