Author Topic: What are you listening to right now!?  (Read 1594 times)

Sinistron

Re: What are you listening to right now!?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 04:13:31 PM »
I feel slightly higher about my girlfriend now.  A friend of mine who lives in her old place asked if I'd like to take her old records home.  Among them I found three Bill Bruford solo albums and some UK albums.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

SignOfZeta

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock

.....we salute you!  f*ck yeah!  :dance:

I find it just...amazing...that anyone could possibly get excited about shit like that. I grew sick of every AC/DC song twenty years ago and yet the same sucky radio stations are still playing the same 4 songs over and over again, every few hours, every day, every week, every year. You people must just hate music. Or yourselves. Or something.

If I never hear another white trash anthem from AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metalica's "black album", or anything from Nirvana or Alice in Chains ever again it will be too soon. Same goes for those two George Thorogood tracks, or the satanic duo of "Under the Bridge" and "Paradise City".

I particularly loathe "Under the Bridge" since they play it not only on the sister f*cker "Nu Rock" stations, but also the classic rock stations, the adult contemporary stations, the general pop stations, and those sort of washed up alternative stations that are popping up now so it will actually be playing on two or three stations in the same city at the same time.

MurderDate

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 02:35:50 AM »
AC/DC have the exact right amount of tension and minimalism going on in their guitar sound - other than that the songwriting is strong / poppy / easy to hang on to. They got the formula and they are just a classic, classic band. .  I bet you most video game fans in the 80s were blasting AC/DC all the time.

I don't ever listen to them or anything (but I do have a few of their records) but I felt the need to defend them here !@
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 07:36:57 PM »
James Brown

GOOD GOD!
XD

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 08:37:02 PM »
If I never hear another white trash anthem from AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metalica's "black album", or anything from Nirvana or Alice in Chains ever again it will be too soon.

Dude, I used to think you were some f*cking moron who didn't know anything and that you were just a dick, but what you said right there...TOTAL 180 in my book. f*ck 80's - 90's jock rock. All it is is closet homosexual testosterone power with wanky solos that f*cking trailer trash hold in higher regard than the American flag. f*ck that.

It's also why I REALLY f*ckING HATE GUITAR HERO AND THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE IT. Because they mostly also love NASCAR, Halo, and Pabst Blue Ribbon.

To all those who are about to rock, TAKE THE f*ckING DILDO OUT OF YOUR ASS AND f*ckING LISTEN TO DECENT MUSIC.

Sinistron

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:42 AM »
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock

.....we salute you!  f*ck yeah!  :dance:

I find it just...amazing...that anyone could possibly get excited about shit like that. I grew sick of every AC/DC song twenty years ago and yet the same sucky radio stations are still playing the same 4 songs over and over again, every few hours, every day, every week, every year. You people must just hate music. Or yourselves. Or something.

If I never hear another white trash anthem from AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metalica's "black album", or anything from Nirvana or Alice in Chains ever again it will be too soon. Same goes for those two George Thorogood tracks, or the satanic duo of "Under the Bridge" and "Paradise City".

I particularly loathe "Under the Bridge" since they play it not only on the sister f*cker "Nu Rock" stations, but also the classic rock stations, the adult contemporary stations, the general pop stations, and those sort of washed up alternative stations that are popping up now so it will actually be playing on two or three stations in the same city at the same time.

To listen to radio that you're sick of is kind of stupid- especially in this day and age. I haven't listened to crap radio in years- which is why I thankfully never know what song people are talking about when they're like "you don't know that song?  how could you not have heard it?"  I haven't heard it because when I do listen to music it's what I want to listen to- not what some douce DJ put into rotation. 

Anyway- regardless of what the radio plays out- One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer by GT will always kick serious ass.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is a f*cking girl (no offense Missa, Kirby).

MissaFX

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 03:22:16 AM »
You sure you wanna know?  You sure you can handle it?
Here's my winamp tracklist I have been listening to this morning:

Shonen Knife, because it is just so cheesetastic!
Some random Lemon Demon tracks.
Beck...do I need to say more?
Bloodhound Gang - One Fierce Beer Coaster
Janet Jackson - Janet album
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 04:29:34 AM »
I find it just...amazing...blah, blah, blah...pointless, lunatic ravings.

I'm not so foolish that I'll let my enjoyment of music be dictated by what a radio station plays.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 04:35:32 AM »
I've got Satellite radio (Sirius). It's the answer to anyone who has issues with "normal" radio.

They have around 200 channels, each of which is tailored to a specific genre. There's something for everyone, and no need to complain about hearing something you don't like. Their playlists are like 500x the size of normal over-the-air radio. Also, most of the channels don't have commercials. I pay $20/mo for a subscription and a radio in one of my cars, and a radio in Holly's car. You can't beat it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 04:45:09 AM »
You can't beat it.

Yes, I can.  It's called PCEngineFX Radio and it's free (though offline, dammit).  :lol:

Currently, I'm rolling around with Ozzy Osbourne's Ozzmosis and ZZ Top's Recycler.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 04:47:55 AM »
Well, in a sense nothing beats CDs and the ability to hand-pick what you listen to.

But more often than not, I'm in the mood where I want someone else to pick for me what I listen to because I'm so f*cking indecisive, but stay within the bounds of a genre I enjoy. That's where satellite radio comes in.

Sinistron

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 05:06:07 AM »
You can't beat it.

Yes, I can.  It's called PCEngineFX Radio and it's free (though offline, dammit).  :lol:

Currently, I'm rolling around with Ozzy Osbourne's Ozzmosis and ZZ Top's Recycler.

ZZ Top f*cking rules. 
Saw them at the garden co-headlining with Lynyrd Skynyrd (yawn) and they kicked ass- made the trip worthwhile.

Turbo D

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »
I'm a big zztop fan too. I play tush, driving while blind, beer drinkers hell raisers and la grange in my band.

esteban

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 10:59:18 AM »
Currently listening to:
Overkill - Under the Influence
New Musik - Anywhere (the album with "churches")
Depeche Mode - Construction Time Again

I'm a big zztop fan too. I play tush, driving while blind, beer drinkers hell raisers and la grange in my band.
You ZZ Top fans are going to hate me, but I really love their album with "Velcro Fly" on it. I forget the name of the album, but I used to listen to that all the time.
  |    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 11:04:43 AM »
I find it just...amazing...blah, blah, blah...pointless, lunatic ravings.

I'm not so foolish that I'll let my enjoyment of music be dictated by what a radio station plays.

WCBN Ann Arbor is the best station I've ever heard. In fact, its the only good radio station I've heard since 89X went NuRock over a decade ago...

Sadly though when you work in an environment where there is a radio playing %100 of the time (even when there is nobody in the building) you have no choice but to listen to it. Wacky morning zoo DJs, "Mandatory Metalica", the radio edit of Stairway to Heaven, and a bunch of crap from bands that had their big debut on prime time wrestling...and that's the *good* part. A full %30 of it is f*cking advertising which is even worse. Its f*cking torture and there is nothing you can do about it except quit and get another job.

Thankfully I don't work at at one of those places anymore, but I've spent plenty of time in those places.