Author Topic: What are you listening to right now!?  (Read 1592 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: What are you listening to right now!?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »
Quote from: Kitsunexus
Dude, I used to think you were some f*cking moron who didn't know anything and that you were just a dick, but what you said right there...TOTAL 180 in my book. f*ck 80's - 90's jock rock. All it is is closet homosexual testosterone power with wanky solos that f*cking trailer trash hold in higher regard than the American flag. f*ck that.

It's also why I REALLY f*ckING HATE GUITAR HERO AND THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE IT. Because they mostly also love NASCAR, Halo, and Pabst Blue Ribbon.

To all those who are about to rock, TAKE THE f*ckING DILDO OUT OF YOUR ASS AND f*ckING LISTEN TO DECENT MUSIC.

If you ever thought I was a moron, then you are the true dumb-ass. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not stupid.

If you ever thought I was a dick then you should probably go right back to thinking that because I love rock and roll. I just hate hearing the same 25 songs day and and day out in a genre that sees 1000 new tracks a week.

esteban

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 12:33:47 PM »
I find it just...amazing...blah, blah, blah...pointless, lunatic ravings.

I'm not so foolish that I'll let my enjoyment of music be dictated by what a radio station plays.

WCBN Ann Arbor is the best station I've ever heard. In fact, its the only good radio station I've heard since 89X went NuRock over a decade ago...

Sadly though when you work in an environment where there is a radio playing %100 of the time (even when there is nobody in the building) you have no choice but to listen to it. Wacky morning zoo DJs, "Mandatory Metalica", the radio edit of Stairway to Heaven, and a bunch of crap from bands that had their big debut on prime time wrestling...and that's the *good* part. A full %30 of it is f*cking advertising which is even worse. Its f*cking torture and there is nothing you can do about it except quit and get another job.

Thankfully I don't work at at one of those places anymore, but I've spent plenty of time in those places.
Oh dear lord, I had a job where I had to listen to the radio. Horror. Oh, tender, sweet horror.
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 01:24:45 PM »
I used to love AC/DC's "For Those About to Rock" album.  I even went to their concert when they went on that tour.  I was 7 or 8 years old.  But then a year or two ago, I listened to the entire album again, and I found it extremely lacking.  The best part is the guitar intro to the title song.

I agree, radio is stupid and I haven't listened to it for probably 8 years now.  I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay for satellite radio, especially since it is compressed audio.  Then again I'm not someone who ALWAYS has to have music going no matter what.  I don't mind driving in silence, though sometimes I'll bring some tunes of my choosing along.

PS - By the way, the Saturn sound chip beats the SNES.  So does the Neo Geo.  The SNES was limited to 32Khz.  Gay.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:27:38 PM by Joe Redifer »

nat

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 01:28:50 PM »
I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay for satellite radio, especially since it is compressed audio. 

Yeah it's not CD quality or anything, but I'll happily pay $10-$20 a month for radio without commercials.

I drive in silence when I have to, but it's not usually by choice.

termis

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
I may be a lot of things...

A whinger would be one of those things.

nat

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »
A whinger? Is that anything like a whigger?

Turbo D

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 04:25:02 PM »
I listen to the radio every now and then. When I roll teh ram van, I listen to cds.

guyjin

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 08:39:29 PM »
A whinger? Is that anything like a whigger?

no, it's UK slang for a whiner. pronounced 'whin-jer'.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

SignOfZeta

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2008, 11:05:21 AM »
Oh dear lord, I had a job where I had to listen to the radio. Horror. Oh, tender, sweet horror.

Yeah, it would violate the Geneva convention...if I could just get myself considered an enemy combatant...

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the UofM student radio:

http://www.wcbn.org/listen.html

You can listen there to a stream in a variety of formats. As I'm writing this there are some talk shows going, but its almost always music. I listen to it every day and usually go several weeks before hearing the same song twice. The genre selection is "freeform", which basically means absolutely everything. If you hate variety don't listen.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2008, 06:58:30 PM »
I only listen to music to & from work, unless it's music I'm working on at home.  I've been listening to mostly Castlevania music, more specifically the Castleroids along with Rondo & the unlreleased Dreamcast CV ost(which, really doesn't fit the CV series).  And I'm about to start listening to the PS2 CV's(LoI & CoD).  Most of those soundtracks are by Michiru Yamane.  I love her music, both remixes & new stuff!

MurderDate

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2008, 01:32:39 AM »
I hate college radio.  I'd rather listen to WKTU for the rest of my life than your typical college radio phlegm for one day.
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

CosMind

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »
silent hill ost as i work away on my game.

guyjin

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »
I used to listen to college radio (KIWR) almost exclusively. Nowadays, though, I prefer NPR.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin