Author Topic: FA: TG16, CD unit, US Super System Card 3.0 games (EDIT: SOLD!)  (Read 1012 times)

geddon_jt

Hi all,
I recently came into a large lot of Turbo stuff and these are some extras I need to get rid of.
Rather than list them on ebay, I thought I would see if anyone here might be interested first.
Prices are listed below, however I may consider trades towards Turbo items I still need (see my wanted thread here https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=4633.msg77389#msg77389) - ESPECIALLY cardboard boxes!

I will give reasonable shipping discounts on bulk orders.
I accept paypal from confirmed users only.
Here's the list:

TURBOGRAFX 16 + CD-ROM unit
Includes CD power adapter, RF cable and CD System card (2.0). Keith Courage included (w/case+ manual).  Turbopad+Turbotap included.
The unit is in cosmetically good shape, just a little dusty. Works 100% with no damage to the Turbo or CD unit that I can see. Overall, a very nice unit that plays games fantastically with no problems that I can tell! (I always preferred this unit to a Duo, due to the lack of power brick AC adapter, nonproprietary AV output, more reliable CD drive etc).
PRICE = $150 USD +shipping

US SUPER SYSTEM CARD 3.0
Here it is folks. Turn the above set up into a Duo instantly, plays all Super CD-ROM software. Complete with case, insert, card and card slipcase in great condition.
PRICE = $110 USD +shipping

OR, take both the above for $240 SHIPPED within the continental US!
Now, for the games:

AD+D ORDER OF THE GRIFFON
loose hucard. great condition.
$14 shipped.

ALIEN CRUSH
Case, Hucard(+slipcase) and manual. great condition - no box.
$6 shipped.

DUNGEON EXPLORER
$8 shipped.

J.J. AND JEFF
$8 shipped.

UPDATE 3-20-08 - all the above has been SOLD.
Thanks to everyone for the interest!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 12:08:38 AM by geddon_jt »

nat

Re: FS: TG16 +CD, US Super System 3.0 card, lots of games, look!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »
PM sent.

hindsr1976

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »
PM sent

hindsr1976

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »
Payment sent
Thanks

geddon_jt

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 12:05:32 AM »
Thanks guys, your games will be shipped straightaway.

Also, PRICE DROP on the system + 3.0 card bundle! LIMITED TIME ONLY before I throw it on evilBay...

geddon_jt

Hi all, the console, super system card and remaining games have been listed on ebay, at a low BIN of only $249.99. Have a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280209577251

Good luck!
-John

SignOfZeta

Wait, an entire TG-16 with CD is worth $150 but a measly little Super System Card is worth $110? You can get an Arcade Card and a mod for less than $100 and then you actually be able to, you know, play way way more games.

I know this is the same shit I complain about every day, but you US collectors are f*cking crazy. I can only conclude that the US market is inflated mostly out of ignorance and if my ramblings erode the price of US stuff even %1 I'd feel good.

nodtveidt

The US version of syscard 3 is only $49 on the fair market value list. I really don't know why people overcharge the hell out of it.

geddon_jt

Come on guys, if you don't like the price, you don't have to bid, just please don't complain in my thread. I've tried to price this stuff fairly given market conditions. I can't control the market, but I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot because someone thinks it's overvalued. That's how I afford to expand my collection.

On a serious note,
I can't remember a complete US Super System 3.0 card selling anywhere close to $49 in years. What is this fair market value list you are referring to, Rover?

Black Tiger

The US version of syscard 3 is only $49 on the fair market value list. I really don't know why people overcharge the hell out of it.

I've been looking for one under $100 for a long time. If anyone knows where these can be obtained, please pm me any info. Thanks. :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nodtveidt

People overcharge for it because they can...because people are willing to pay a ridiculous price for it. If I come across one cheap, I'll sell it to ya cheap, Black Tiger.

geddon_jt

People overcharge for it because they can...because people are willing to pay a ridiculous price for it. If I come across one cheap, I'll sell it to ya cheap, Black Tiger.

Look guys, the System 3.0 card is a fairly rare item, and it sells for a lot of money when you can find it, period. My auction is, in my opinion, generously priced considering what Ive seen it and the other components sell for individually. If you want to complain further about high prices, we all know its a drag, but take it somewhere else.

SignOfZeta

I'm sure its rare. Back in the day every single TG-16 owner I knew simply bought a Duo instead of a System Card because the Duos were actually in stores and were so cool looking.

However there are so many people buying $100 converters, $50 copies of Bomberman '93, etc that I have to think that they just don't know about the JP scene. Like, they don't know that a Japanese Super System card is nearly worthless/free and a region mod is $50.

The *only* reason that a person should be buying a US Super System Card is if they are just "collecting", period, because they are paying so damn much more for nothing. I really think there are a lot of people that just want to play Super CDs and for them a $110 SSC is a waste of money even though they don't realize it. An informed buyer who wants to play software (not a collector, I can't speak for those types) if they actaually knew what time it was would much rather spend $110 on an Arcade Card Pro and a mod than just a simple SS Card. Then they'd be able to play not only Super CDs, and Arcade CDs, but also the entire JP library which is not only less expensive but also four times the size of the US library.

I understand that me saying this might drive down your auction price, and I honestly hope it does. I hate the fact that the Neo Geo mentality has invaded the Turbo scene. If people knew how to really spent their money on Turbo/PCE they'd realize that its one of the best bang for buck systems out there, not a rich persons domain. Even if you were a regular member, and not just a guy that dropped by for a few minutes to shill his systems, I'd say the same thing. Additionally while the Old Rover and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, we do have almost 3000 posts between us here so don't tell us to be quiet so you can make a bigger profit pimping our favorite system.

That's how I afford to expand my collection.

Personally, I have a job.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:34:10 PM by SignOfZeta »

hindsr1976

I don't think that its a bad price because about 2 years ago I paid $160 for the TG+CD system and than another $60 for the card from DP. and acording to DP it is a rareity of 9 and if you want to collect you need it to have a complete collection (that is why I got it and I don't really care for the PC-E games).

SignOfZeta

Like I said, I can't speak for collectors since their logic is inscrutable to me. I buy games to play them. If you want to let Digital Press decide where your money goes then fine, but personally I don't consider them very well informed, especially on Turbo stuff, at all. Many of the members here, myself included, have been collecting NEC consoles since they were new and because of that the combined knowledge of the PCEFX is far greater than any other English language internet resource.