Author Topic: Cereals that suck...  (Read 2621 times)

guyjin

Re: Cereals that suck...
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 09:29:03 AM »
The worst cereals that have ever crossed my spoon are Honey Nut Clusters

Clusters is awesome in all varieties and anyone who says otherwise is a commie homosexual!
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 09:35:14 AM »
Clusters is awesome in all varieties and anyone who says otherwise is a commie homosexual!

I'm the homo (not that there's anything wrong with that), yet you're the one extolling the deliciousness of nut clusters.  Hmmm, interesting.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »
LMfAO, BurnEd!!!  :lol:

quoth09

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 04:40:37 AM »
Some great food ideas here. Glad I started this topic now  :P. Just haven't been around to reply to it.
I have always wondered about Soy Milk and Rice Milk, because I always see it in the store; I think I may try some now.

Also, I knew that this was eventually going to come up, just didn't know how many posts it would take; Joe wins it at #18 - Nintendo Cereal System:

this stuff is the best!

WTF?  Are they saying that "berry" is different than "fruity"?  I want the system that has chocolate on one side, and cocoa on the other!

----------

What about the new Diamond Shreddies? It's mind blowing!!  :shock:

http://www.diamondshreddies.com/index.php

WTF, it's turned on it's side?? Marketing like this is hilarious. Makes me wonder if they are even being serious:

----------

slightly off topic- peanut butter alternatives are actually damn good.  I really like crunchy sunflower seed butter.

Have you ever tried Nutella?  It's a tasty blend of hazelnut butter and chocolate, though I'd like to try it sans the chocolate flavor.

Nutella is good. It tastes more like a chocolate spread than anything else. Nice alternative to Peanut Butter, and when you mix the 2 together, it's a rather nice combination, especially on toast!

----------

The worst cereals that have ever crossed my spoon are Honey Nut Clusters

LOL - Clusters is pretty good. Speaking of that, I just found these the other day. Not sure how long they have been out for, but the store I was at, was having a sale on General Mills cereals, so I figured I would try it, since it was essentially free after the whole thing.

Cheerios Crunch.
So far, I have only eaten 1 bowl, and I'm half and half on them. I think I am going to go eat another one, since it is time for breakfast anyway:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:42:57 AM by quoth09 »
Warm milk, turkey, those can make you sleepy(well, the consumption of, you can't just hand around a turkey or a glass of warm milk, & expect to fall asleep).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 07:04:05 AM »
I'm not a fan of fruit cereals. Pretty much, if it's not...

[ul][li]Frosted Flakes[/li][li]Cocoa Krispies[/li][li]Reese's Puffs[/li][li]Golden Grams[/li][li]Cinnamon Toast Crunch[/li][li]Apple Cinnamon Cheerios[/li][/ul]
...I won't eat it.

guyjin

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 09:52:54 AM »
I'm not a fan of fruit cereals. Pretty much, if it's not...

[ul][li]Frosted Flakes[/li][li]Cocoa Krispies[/li][li]Reese's Puffs[/li][li]Golden Grams[/li][li]Cinnamon Toast Crunch[/li][li]Apple Cinnamon Cheerios[/li][/ul]
...I won't eat it.

Clusters > all that stuff.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Dark Fact

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 09:01:11 AM »
Quote from: The Old Rover
Or so you think...
Isn't all boxed food laced with that stuff anyway?
Quote from: Michael Helgeson
You only thought you were fine until you were told you were sick. Now you are sick. Now you even feel sick,polluted inside,dying. Don't argue with us. Now that you are informed knowing is half the battle.
And Judgment Day is the other half. :|

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

bust3dstr8

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 10:51:49 AM »
This stuff is pretty good:

That guy is awesome!

omg Jo3 th4t stuff iz for n00bz, this pwnz the sh1t outta y0 cere4l

Clowns Suck

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 11:07:13 AM »
omg Jo3 th4t stuff iz for n00bz, this pwnz the sh1t outta y0 cere4l

Literally.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2008, 12:09:36 PM »
Isn't all boxed food laced with that stuff anyway?
Not all. You can also use tocopherols (Vitamin E) to preserve boxed food, and it's not harmful. Vitamin E is a naturally-occuring preservative, but tocopherols are more expensive to use than BHT. Any time you have a natural substance like this, it has to be extracted from another complex form and is therefore more costly to use than a chemical compound you can produce from raw materials, such as BHT. But what's the real cost in the end? Most companies don't care about the health benefits and risks, they care about how much money they're making and have no problem using a cheap alternative to save some pennies even if said cheap alternative is a known carcinogen. Even foods labeled as "natural" or "organic" aren't always as healthy as they imply they are...you really have to read the label to make sure you're not being exposed to a bunch of crap-in-a-box.

Turbo D

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 12:53:25 PM »
I'm sad to say that the wheaties that I have been eating so religiously as of late contain bht :(. On a lighter note, cheerios uses vitamin E as a preservative. Oh well, you think that you are eating healthy but you never really know unless you do research.

Sparky

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »
my vote is for Corn Pops… ok, these little bastards do taste great but rip the hell out of the top of my mouth!!! =;

Black Tiger

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »
my vote is for Corn Pops… ok, these little bastards do taste great but rip the hell out of the top of my mouth!!! =;

Capt'n Crunch/Capitaine Crounche is the worst for that.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ceti alpha

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 03:26:43 PM »
Capt'n Crunch/Capitaine Crounche is the worst for that.

Oh god, they taste great, but do they ever tear apart your mouth.  [-(

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nodtveidt

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 04:06:03 PM »
Yeah turbo D, I had to stop eating Wheaties too...General Mills is a real crap shoot, some of their cereals are safe and some aren't. We were buying a lot of Cheerios for awhile. :D But even some of the sweet Cheerios are full of junk...fortunately, the Honey Nut variety is safe.

If you see any of the following ingredients in your cereal, it's best to avoid said cereal:

High Fructose Corn Syrup (causes pancreatic overactivity which can lead to diabetes and cancer of the pancreas)
BHT or BHA (known carcinogens, also known to cause hyperactivity in children as well as liver damage)
Sucralose (brand name: Splenda; a chlorocarbon known to attack the liver and thymus gland [part of the immune system])
Aspartame (brand name: Nutrasweet; breaks down to methanol [highly toxic to humans] and formaldehyde [known carcinogen], and contains phenylalanines, which some people have adverse reactions to)
Neotame (same basic molecular structure as aspartame but without the phenylalanines; still breaks down to the same dangerous chemicals though)
Acesulfame potassium/Acesulfame K (not tested enough to validate safety...wanna risk it? The FDA says it's safe! Promise!)