Author Topic: Cereals that suck...  (Read 2657 times)

Sinistron

Re: Cereals that suck...
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 09:20:18 PM »

Hey just found out they have a honey crunch sun butter too.  They don't have THAT one at my waldbaums.  :(

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

TR0N

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »
Well i think of one cereal that sucked for me as a kid.

Pac-Man Cereal

Like most,cereals from the 80's with the over dose in surger and marshmellows.It gave me a bad case of a upset stomach.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 09:32:38 PM »
Well i think of one cereal that sucked for me as a kid.

Pac-Man Cereal

Like most,cereals from the 80's with the over dose in surger and marshmellows.It gave me a bad case of a upset stomach.

that stuff looks like they just used the same formula as lucky charms, but with different shapes.

I'd love to take over a cereal factory like that and grind out some videogame cereals again  :mrgreen:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 10:31:10 PM »
I grew tired of Trix really quick.  They say Trix is for kids, but in reality Trix is for a$$holes.  Kix sucks, too.

I still love Cocoa Krispies and Cocoa Puffs.  I do like Cheerios, Raisin Bran and I like to eat the bite-sized Frosted Mini Wheats as a snack... without milk.

this stuff is the best!

WTF?  Are they saying that "berry" is different than "fruity"?  I want the system that has chocolate on one side, and cocoa on the other!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:33:17 PM by Joe Redifer »

MurderDate

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 01:27:27 AM »
this is a fun thread.   I don't get to eat nearly as much meat / milk/  normal stuff as I'd like ,  since my other half is a vegan.

I prefer :  rice / almond milk to soy.   hemp milk is OK.  tastes kinda hempy.
Silk chocolate soy milk is pretty tasty but it makes my uhm..  it doesn't agree with me.  (Sabra hummus is the same!)

for nut butters (heh)  almond & peanut all the way..    you really can't beat peanut butter taste-wise, but most of us have been eating it  for our entire life so there you go. almonds are healthy as all hell. 

I just drink coffee for breakfast.. maybe some fruit.   Maybe a bagel if I'm in NY.   Can't remember the last time I ate cereal - I have weird social issues with cereal -  if we're ever eating it together  DON'T LOOK AT ME !!!!
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Dark Fact

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 06:18:29 AM »
Cereals that suck?

Long long ago, I once had this cereal called Hidden Treasures.  It was basically a cereal composed of honey wheat squares with a bit of candied fruit in the center.  I had a box of it once and thought it was the nastiest shit I ever tasted.  Candied fruit as a f*cking cereal? What the hell?

There was also another one called Fibre O's which was basically a cheerios like cereal only that it was composed of barley or some shit and was nearly rock hard to eat.  It tasted even worse in milk! :-&
Quote from: TRON

Dude! I had PAC-MAN cereal as a kid! That stuff was awesome! I also loved to shake up the box and put it on its side to see what distribution of Pac-Man and ghosts I get and then try to tell an imaginative story about what they're doing. :D
Quote from: MurderDate
for nut butters (heh)  almond & peanut all the way..    you really can't beat peanut butter taste-wise, but most of us have been eating it  for our entire life so there you go. almonds are healthy as all hell.

Ever tried cashew butter? I saw a general store in the country one time selling it.  I would've loved to try that stuff because I like cashews. :)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Sinistron

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 07:04:38 AM »
Ever tried cashew butter? I saw a general store in the country one time selling it.  I would've loved to try that stuff because I like cashews. :)

I too love cashews and have been wanting to try this.  Thing is the missus here is severely allergic and even a smidgen of the stuff would send her into a coma.  I still sneak a bag of cashews into the crib now and then but I make sure to eat them asap and to leave no crumbs/dust.  She's allergic to walnuts too- I believe all other nuts (yuk yuk) are ok though.

Was there a best cereals thread yet?  That'd be a nice one to chime in on.

nodtveidt

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »
Almost all cereals are on my worst ilst. EVERYTHING made by Kellogg's, for example. Most Post cereals too, and virtually all store-brand cereals. I've yet to find a Malt-o-meal cereal I can eat anymore; used to buy it like crazy. Whyfor all this nonsense? Because most cereals have HFCS in them...or other particularly nasty chemical bullshit like BHT or BHA. All this stuff is horribly unhealthy for you. I'll buy regular Cheerios or the honey nut variety because they're safe (they use real sugar and preserve it with tocopherols, not BHT). With General Mills cereals, you really have to be a label reader because some of their cereals are safe and some aren't. Typically, we buy Mom's Best brand cereal because it's completely safe. They make some really kickass frosted mini-wheat cereal. :D

ceti alpha

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 10:12:17 AM »
What about the new Diamond Shreddies? It's mind blowing!!  :shock:

http://www.diamondshreddies.com/index.php

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 12:44:15 PM »
This stuff is pretty good:

That guy is awesome!

Dark Fact

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 03:48:57 PM »
Quote from: The Old Rover
Almost all cereals are on my worst ilst. EVERYTHING made by Kellogg's, for example. Most Post cereals too, and virtually all store-brand cereals. I've yet to find a Malt-o-meal cereal I can eat anymore; used to buy it like crazy. Whyfor all this nonsense? Because most cereals have HFCS in them...or other particularly nasty chemical bullshit like BHT or BHA. All this stuff is horribly unhealthy for you. I'll buy regular Cheerios or the honey nut variety because they're safe (they use real sugar and preserve it with tocopherols, not BHT). With General Mills cereals, you really have to be a label reader because some of their cereals are safe and some aren't. Typically, we buy Mom's Best brand cereal because it's completely safe. They make some really kickass frosted mini-wheat cereal.
I've been eating cereals laced with BHT for years and I'm perfectly fine. :|

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

nodtveidt

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 08:50:27 PM »
Or so you think...

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »

You only thought you were fine until you were told you were sick. Now you are sick. Now you even feel sick,polluted inside,dying. Don't argue with us. Now that you are informed knowing is half the battle.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 05:43:21 AM »
I like just about any kind of cereal, but Raisin Bran is probably my favorite.  The worst cereals that have ever crossed my spoon are Honey Nut Clusters and Fruit & Fibre.  I'm so glad that shit is off the market so I won't be subjected to their lame ads and be tempted to give 'em another shot.

What about rice and soy milk?

Neither rice grains nor soy beans have nipples, therefor there is no such thing as rice and soy milk.  There's plenty of lactose free cow's milk on the market, so nobody needs to resort to these impostors ('cause they suck anyway).

slightly off topic- peanut butter alternatives are actually damn good.  I really like crunchy sunflower seed butter.

Have you ever tried Nutella?  It's a tasty blend of hazelnut butter and chocolate, though I'd like to try it sans the chocolate flavor.

Long long ago, I once had this cereal called Hidden Treasures.  It was basically a cereal composed of honey wheat squares with a bit of candied fruit in the center.  I had a box of it once and thought it was the nastiest shit I ever tasted.  Candied fruit as a f*cking cereal? What the hell?

Fruit cake cereal?!?  What kind of genius thought that shit up?  :-&

I believe all other nuts (yuk yuk) are ok though.

Thank the gods that she's not allergic to your nuts.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sinistron

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 05:49:15 AM »
Have you ever tried Nutella?  It's a tasty blend of hazelnut butter and chocolate, though I'd like to try it sans the chocolate flavor.

Nutella is some rich, gooey, delicious crap.  Which reminds me that's another nut the missus has to avoid- hazlenuts.

Thank the gods that she's not allergic to your nuts.  :lol:

yeah that'd be a problem.  though she has an epipen.  I could stab her with the epipen while she blows me.  :lol:
babe if you're somehow reading this- I'm sorry!  All jokes!