Author Topic: Happy Easter!  (Read 1093 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Happy Easter!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »
It's always the select few who ruin shit for everyone else. That goes for both religious and non-religious people.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 04:51:03 PM »
Well, good to know that there have been those who have enjoyed their Easter. I wonder if the other countries that celebrate it in the world have chocolates given to them by the famed Easter Bunny, too?

In that case I wish I lived in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom so I could at least get an extra day off work.  ](*,)

Well, you're not too far off from having this wanted extra day since you live in Seattle. You'll just have to become a Canadian citizen and travel up to Vancouver, at least, if you desire it, Nat :P.

WTF???

Aren't Muslims supposed to go on a murdering spree if Muhammad is represented visually in cartoons, etc?

Also found this:

Zombie Jesus

Both of those images came from your website, however. Are you postive that you've found them or did you make them yourself :-k :wink:?
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Tatsujin

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 05:13:26 PM »
those pix containing heavy evilness!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:16:09 PM by Tatsujin »
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Kitsunexus

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
Both of those images came from your website, however. Are you postive that you've found them or did you make them yourself :-k :wink:?

As an alternative to using Flickr or Photobucket, Joe usually hosts pictures on his own site. This naturally has a wealth of benefits that you don't get from using a free host.

Because of this, I can't tell if he made them, or if he just found them.

He could have made the "Jesus' Bahmitzfah" one, he's drawn similar to that before.

rag-time4

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 05:25:21 PM »

Yeah, one day AFTER Easter, so there's no comparisons.

Well I dunno according to the story Jesus was supposed to have been dead 3 days before being resurrected, yet between good friday and easter sunday there's only a day and a half....

Tatsujin

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »
it's over!! the eggo-empire is beaten!!

www.pcedaisakusen.net

nat

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 05:46:01 PM »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

rag-time4

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I'm just wondering how that hi score would hold up in a high score thread...

nat

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 06:19:15 PM »
I think we'd have to disqualify it considering Easter Eggs don't put up much of a fight.

Tatsujin

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 12:23:12 AM »
www.pcedaisakusen.net

nodtveidt

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 01:02:04 AM »
Gotta love the perversion of Ostare...

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 06:23:07 PM »
those pix containing heavy evilness!

You can say that again, Tatsujin :P.

Both of those images came from your website, however. Are you positive that you've found them or did you make them yourself :-k :wink:?

As an alternative to using Flickr or Photobucket, Joe usually hosts pictures on his own site. This naturally has a wealth of benefits that you don't get from using a free host.

Because of this, I can't tell if he made them, or if he just found them.

He could have made the "Jesus' Bahmitzfah" one, he's drawn similar to that before.

Well, it is appreciated that you're helping in a way, but I don't think it properly answers my question. If he just found the image, wouldn't he just copy the shortcut or the properties directly on the reply to a topic (if he desired it, of course :wink:)?

Very beautiful buttercups O:) (if those are that type of flower)! Are those found somewhere around your area?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:26:34 PM by Game and Watch Kir »
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Joe Redifer

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby

If he just found the image, wouldn't he just copy the shortcut or the properties directly on the reply to a topic (if he desired it, of course :wink:)?

No.  Perhaps you haven't been on the internet very long, but many sites these days have anti-linking in place.  So you post a pic and instead all people see is some lame graphics saying that the user is stealing images or the company's logo or some other such nonsense.  Also, other sites tend to change or go away.  This way I can be sure that the image stays up for as long as I want it to and I am not at the mercy of the originating site.  99 times out of 100 I host the images myself.  Speaking of which, here's something I've had for awhile, got it at another forum.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 03:34:44 AM »
Very beautiful buttercups O:) (if those are that type of flower)!

I believe that they are Daffodils.  An Easter Lily would've been more apropos for this thread.

No.  Perhaps you haven't been on the internet very long, but many sites these days have anti-linking in place.  So you post a pic and instead all people see is some lame graphics saying that the user is stealing images or the company's logo or some other such nonsense.  Also, other sites tend to change or go away.  This way I can be sure that the image stays up for as long as I want it to and I am not at the mercy of the originating site.  99 times out of 100 I host the images myself.

All true, but you haven't answered the original question of whether or not you created the images.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 07:35:49 AM »
I created the first one to see if I would be killed by angry Muslims.  They wouldn't broadcast an image of Muhammad (Mohammad?) on Comedy Central in an episode of Southpark because the network feared terrorist attacks as a result since the dude is not supposed to EVER be depicted in visual form OR ELSE.  Somehow this rule applies to non-Muslims as well.  But you can draw Jesus all you want in any form and no one bats an eye.  The other two I did not create. 

Offended?  Enough to COMMIT MURDER?  C'mon, let's have it!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:38:37 AM by Joe Redifer »