Author Topic: YouTube video thief  (Read 417 times)

Black Tiger

YouTube video thief
« on: March 29, 2008, 11:21:39 AM »
Someone on youtube reposted one of my videos and titled it with part of my original description-

I'm guessing that they ripped it from my youtube posting instead of downloading it from my site.

Its all just a front to get people to visit some shady looking free game download site.

They didn't bother to chop off the intro with my site's url, but it looks like they've stolen hundreds of other videos from youtube and reposted them as-is. So its likely that they've taken videos from other youtube posters around here like Digi, Sunteam and Toneman.

Its not a big deal to me, since its more of a crude scam (no tags or description other than their url) than someone trying to pass off the videos as their own. But I know how protective other people can be with their stuff, especially after putting a lot of work into it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

Re: YouTube video thief
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:39:27 AM »
People who are concerned with other's copying their work are pretty much screwed these days, and are going to have to learn to roll with it.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:25:21 PM »
There have been several users in the past who have stolen videos from others before, and FireFox's "video download" feature is the likely source used for it. Thankfully, none of mine have been in theft as of yet, as far as I know of.

At the very least, I ask for SuperPCEngineGrafx's permission before using any of just in case he would forbid others from using his work or would not have them to be shown for his website. Another sad thing, too, is that I saw Funzo234 steal the ...

He/she is (or even they are) bound to get suspended soon.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 04:27:34 PM by Game and Watch Kir »
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
Thieving bastards!  It's not that hard to ask permission and make your own videos if denied.  Maybe it's your good buddy Validus.  ](*,)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Digi.k

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 01:38:38 AM »
I guess it can be annoying.  It's happened to me too but hey... it can be also a form of flattery for them to rip your stuff must mean they like your work a lot too!

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 06:22:23 AM »
Like I said, this isn't a big deal to me. This is why I brand my videos.

But after the Validus fiasco, I though I should mention it in case this person has lifted anyone else's video's or content.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 07:01:57 AM »
There have been several users in the past who have stolen videos from others before, and FireFox's "video download" feature is the likely source used for it. Thankfully, none of mine have been in theft as of yet, as far as I know of.

At the very least, I ask for SuperPCEngineGrafx's permission before using any of
just in case he would forbid others from using his work or would not have them to be shown for his website. Another sad thing, too, is that I saw Funzo234 steal the

He/she is (or even they are) bound to get suspended soon.

Funzo also stole Digi.k/DigiHatesMakingNames' Gradius PC Engine bonus round video.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »
How would you ever find out unless you're constantly searching for your own videos?

Black Tiger

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »
How would you ever find out unless you're constantly searching for your own videos?

I had just watched some kind of game video, I think by forever7566 and just as I hit the PCEngineFX forums link in my favorites I saw one of youtube's suggested videos appear that had a picture of Magical Chase and mentioned PC Engine and S-Video in the title.

I went back to see what it was, not expecting to find my own video. For all I know my videos are all over youtube.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »
I think most of these thieves are actually bots. I remember having one of my YouTube Poops stolen a little while back (for those who don't know what I'm talking about, do a search) and the thief showed all the signs of a bot. It seems all these bots do is just steal random vids and insert some spam link in the description.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 03:44:51 AM »
I think most of these thieves are actually bots. I remember having one of my YouTube Poops stolen a little while back (for those who don't know what I'm talking about, do a search) and the thief showed all the signs of a bot. It seems all these bots do is just steal random vids and insert some spam link in the description.

Or maybe it could be some douchebag trying to take credit for what someone else has posted first.

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 04:43:49 AM »

Or maybe it could be some douchebag trying to take credit for what someone else has posted first.

Although that is likely happening, the video of mine was reused simply to lead people to some shady website that wasn't about retro gaming.

Digi.k

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 08:16:13 AM »
Those sites you really gotta be careful especially since there is a high chance you will get a key logger in memory..