Author Topic: Do you have a region mod?  (Read 621 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Do you have a region mod?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 06:17:55 PM »
By chance, I ended up with a 3rd Super Grafx off of ebay, because it had a switch to change regions......I just couldn't pass it up.
And you're going to sell me one of them, right? :D

TR0N

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 07:13:14 PM »
My Coregrafx is region modded it was done by (D-lite) and it works well to.

While i have a bunch of u.s hucards i didn't have to go that way.Given every title i have you can also get for the pce.

Still there some games i wanted in u.s form such as,Neutopia 1&2,Cadash,Dragons Curse and Military Madness etc.

Btw my duo-r is still left unchanged,but i like to have it given the works as well one day.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:16:52 PM by TRON »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 07:14:07 PM »
Don't have any mods, I'm too scared to have my systems cut open.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 03:24:53 AM »
No region mod here, as I'd rather use a converter than chop a hole in my Duo.  Actually, I keep my flash cart loaded with the few PCE HuCards that I own and only need the converter for the Arcade Card.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Spector

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 04:12:39 AM »
I've modded my PCE to give an RF signal on PAL TVs- the purists approach to gaming!    :mrgreen:
You've got to feel the thrill... of disgust!
The beauty... of obscenity!

wilsonw111

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 05:20:26 PM »
I would like to keep things as original as they can..  no mods for me

Keranu

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 07:09:05 PM »
I've modded my PCE to give an RF signal on PAL TVs- the purists approach to gaming!    :mrgreen:
I like your boldness!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

dj898

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »
Yes I got one of my SGX mod'd by D-Lite few years back...

ApolloBoy

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 08:55:56 AM »
I bought my region modded PCE Duo from D-Lite about 8 months ago. I own more TG-16 games than PCE games, so I practically need a region mod. Back when I owned a TG-16 I considered getting a converter but I found out that most of them are crap.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

vestcoat

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »
Region mods make sense with a reliable Duo-r/rx or to enable a SuperGrafx/SCD set-up to play every format.

I don't understand the logic behind modifying a lone U.S Turbo Duo, especially if the owner has other U.S systems.  I can use my Mirai adapter to play PCE games on my TurboDuo, TG16 and Express units without having to get them all modified.  I'm not screwed if one of them breaks, I can switch between portable and home gaming and I don't have to sink money into a rare Duo that could potentially malfunction any day (knock on wood).

There are very few US cards that I am interested in, so I still just have my stock CoreII-SuperCD setup.
If a CoreGrafx and SCD is your ideal set-up, go for it.  All CD units are X1, but Duos tend to load a little faster than the add-ons so you may want to hold out for an a cheap Duo-R.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 07:13:02 PM »
Ahh yes, just when it's started to slip our minds from the previous year, PD has to remind us that he owns 28% of all the SuperGrafxes in the world.
:lol:  That seriously had me laughing when I read that!  And I don't mean in a sinister way.......or do I, BWA HA HA!

By chance, I ended up with a 3rd Super Grafx off of ebay, because it had a switch to change regions......I just couldn't pass it up.
And you're going to sell me one of them, right? :D

.....maybe :)  Though, I'm not sure how many ac adapter's & av cords I actually have for SGX's, I'd have to do some serious searching within my plethora of gaming cords, wires, controllers, etc. etc.  I have just one SGX hooked up along with my lone CDRom that attatches to it, so the cords for the other 2(if I even got any) I'd have to find, it seems like atleast one of them I got, with no attatchments :-k
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:15:28 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

rag-time4

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 11:01:33 AM »
I just use hucard converters on my US duo.

Same here!

No region mod for my system, but I still have the original box in fantastic condition! :dance: