Author Topic: Gunhed criticisms  (Read 1667 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Gunhed criticisms
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 04:05:15 AM »
Sure I did,it said keep vulgarities to a minimum,and heated discussions were allowed as long as they stayed to a minimum,ect. No ones name calling here and def no heated debate going on currently....

Yes, your edited post is an improvement over the original.

Necro,I clearly didn't say he beat every shooter ever made either lol

Not in exact words perhaps, yet you implied that Zeta applied the 'master of power metal shooting' moniker to himself and that he believes himself to be god's gift to shmups; neither is true.

I swear some of you have ZERO humor what so ever sometimes.... :(

Cry me a river.

Also,I wasn't the first person on this thread to stray  off the Gunhed topic,Zeta was with the talk of other shooters besides Gunhed ect.

Wrong again; comparing Gunhed's difficulty to other shooters is not off topic.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 04:46:31 AM »
Sure I did,it said keep vulgarities to a minimum,and heated discussions were allowed as long as they stayed to a minimum,ect. No ones name calling here and def no heated debate going on currently....

Yes, your edited post is an improvement over the original.

Necro,I clearly didn't say he beat every shooter ever made either lol

Not in exact words perhaps, yet you implied that Zeta applied the 'master of power metal shooting' moniker to himself and that he believes himself to be god's gift to shmups; neither is true.

I swear some of you have ZERO humor what so ever sometimes.... :(

Cry me a river.

Also,I wasn't the first person on this thread to stray  off the Gunhed topic,Zeta was with the talk of other shooters besides Gunhed ect.

Wrong again; comparing Gunhed's difficulty to other shooters is not off topic.
I didnt edit my original post to remove anything Necro. I added to it :P Get your facts straight or Ill have to send you back to robot hell.
I never had my own vulgarities in the post,and now all your doing is side tracking this thread worring about me. How do you know what Zeta thinks about himself,are you emotionaly involved with him,are you a mind reader? Only he knows wether he feels he's a shooter god or not.

Seriously do you think your really that adept to knowing what everyone is feeling,you not having a sense of humor doesnt hurt my feelings,dont assume to think Im really sad just because of  a frown face,and dont hold your breath waiting for tears to show,youll end up dying for lack of breath.

Wrong about changing topic too, the fact that he started talking about others shooters completely and lost focus is a change of topic. The threads about Gunhead itself,one of the best shooters made for PCE. Enough chit chat here though,I cant say anything more about the game then I already have.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 05:23:25 AM »
How do you know what Zeta thinks about himself,are you emotionaly involved with him,are you a mind reader? Only he knows wether he feels he's a shooter god or not.

I try to base my posts on what other's have stated; I see no reason to skew others' statements for use in personal attacks.

Seriously do you think your really that adept to knowing what everyone is feeling,you not having a sense of humor doesnt hurt my feelings,dont assume to think Im really sad just because of  a frown face,and dont hold your breath waiting for tears to show,youll end up dying for lack of breath.

Yes, everything must be 100% serious.  Thanks for the notice; I'll start breathing now.  :roll:

Wrong about changing topic too, the fact that he started talking about others shooters completely and lost focus is a change of topic. The threads about Gunhead itself,one of the best shooters made for PCE. Enough chit chat here though,I cant say anything more about the game then I already have.

Comparing one game to another within a genre and on the same system is most definitely not off topic.

Just one punks opinion.

well, apparently gunhed was based off of some sort of movie or anime. One day I was shootin through the bargin bin at the local comic shop when all of a sudden I saw them. I was like; wtf?!?!?!? So I bought them. Never read them though, lol. I'll take some pics when I recover my digital camera ( I seem to have misplaced it in a drunken stupor last weekend  :oops:.)

Much thanks, turbo D.  I look forward to enjoying the pics.  8)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 05:25:56 AM »
well, apparently gunhed was based off of some sort of movie or anime. One day I was shootin through the bargin bin at the local comic shop when all of a sudden I saw them. I was like; wtf?!?!?!? So I bought them. Never read them though, lol. I'll take some pics when I recover my digital camera ( I seem to have misplaced it in a drunken stupor last weekend  :oops:.)

He must have recovered his camera, because he took pictures of his newly painted SNES in that other thread.

So where are the Gunhed pics already?

SignOfZeta

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 07:03:46 AM »
Quote from: Sinistron
So when you say "Hudson shooters in general are easier than average"- do you actually mean what you say- or are you strictly referring to your GOT experiences?  Because if so- "in general" is more than a touch off.

I consider Gunhed to be part of the Solider series, and a Hudson game. Details of my deranged reasoning are explained above. The same goes for GoT, LoT, and Sapphire. These are all relatively easy games with Sapphire being by far the easiest. These games are on the easier side of shooting for sure when compared to stuff from Naxat, Cave, Treasure, Raizing, etc, at least in my opinion, and I appreciate it because the harder stuff takes so much effort to clear and to be blunt sometimes the game just isn't worth that much effort.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 07:14:48 AM »
Quote from: elnino
I didn't mean that having a damn hard time coming back after losing a life is a bad thing in general and I wouldn't even consider this as a flaw. I like shmups which are hard and challenging a lot. The problem with Gunhed is the difficulty gap between the final stage and the rest of the levels. Every other shooter where you're doomed after you've died is basically challenging throughout the whole game. Gunhed, however, lets you sleep through the first few levels, requires maybe average skills in the mid-levels and then all of a sudden gets freaking difficult in the final stage. If the difficulty increased constantly I wouldn't have a problem with it but knowing that after reseting the game I won't be challenged until I get to the final level again is quite a frustration and makes me think twice if I should give it another try.

I'm kind of going off on a tangent here....I think that at the time developers were maybe having a hard time adjusting from the arcade mentality to the console exclusive mentality. One of my favorite shooters in the arcade as a kid was Twin Cobra. In that game it was also f*cking impossible to come back from death with grace but could be beaten with the GWB method (throw money at it until either you win or they kick you out). With a console though you have to strike some sort of balance. You won't want a Sapphire or Gunbird 2 approach where you basically just have the JAMMA with an insert coin button because thats a guaranteed win regardless of skill. On the other hand you don't want it to be like playing Pulstar on an AES, which was limited to four credits and therefore *extremely* hard to clear.

The winning formula seems to be what is the norm with shooters from the Radiant Silvergun era and up. This formula being that a timer or play counter increases the ship count, extend, credit count, etc as the player gets more experienced eventually resulting in a game that the person can actually finish. With Iakaruga I managed to finish the game shortly before the infinite continues option showed up. In other words I'm not very good at Ikaruga. :)

Sinistron

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 07:42:56 AM »
That's right I left Sapphire out.   :oops:  Sapphire is pretty damn easy.  Great nonetheless.  Two-player's a bit tougher if you're playing with someone unseasoned as they'll drain all the lives.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

rag-time4

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 10:57:40 AM »
I didnt edit my original post to remove anything Necro. I added to it :P Get your facts straight or Ill have to send you back to robot hell.
I never had my own vulgarities in the post,and now all your doing is side tracking this thread worring about me. How do you know what Zeta thinks about himself,are you emotionaly involved with him,are you a mind reader? Only he knows wether he feels he's a shooter god or not.

Speaking of sidetracking this thread, has anyone ever played the Gunhed Famicom cart? I bought it last year but I didn't spend much time with it (if any..??)

Appartently, it's a strategy game, based on the movie?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/image/579593.html

SignOfZeta

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »
Hudson's name isn't even on that one, but Toho and Sunrise are (they made the film). Interesting.

Turbo D

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 01:58:28 PM »

He must have recovered his camera, because he took pictures of his newly painted SNES in that other thread.

Yes, I have recovered my camera!  :) Now, for your comic enjoyment. I present; GunHed:

nat

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
This thread inspired me to whip the ol' game out and play through it today. See my unbeatable high score in the Gunhed High Scores thread.

Awesome comics, BTW.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »
Wow, to have Kia Asamiya do a manga to promote the film, in color even (color comics in Japan being far less than %1 of all comics total) indicates a real desire to like...sell stuff.

The movie sucks though. The game is better, and I'm willing to bet the comic is too.

sinfreealex

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »
The movie sucks though. The game is better, and I'm willing to bet the comic is too.

I second that. I just got a hold of the movie a few weeks ago and it was excruciating to watch. From what I've read, the game originally had you control a tank instead of a space ship. I just couldn't imagine.

TR0N

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 04:24:35 PM »

Yes, I have recovered my camera!  :) Now, for your comic enjoyment. I present; GunHed:

Heh was i about to do that dig out my,Gunhed graphic novel to show here.

It's some thing it went from movie to game and a comic as well.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
You're probably the only guys who will appreciate this, so here goes: a dear friend of mind got a bootleg of GunHed at a convention shortly after the movie was released. It was pretty painful and I never watched more than a few minutes. He had turned me onto so many kool things (Guyver, Macross, Fist of the North Star, etc.) that He ultimately gave me the VHS. I never watched it.

Meanwhile, this friend LOVED, I mean, absolutely LOVED playing Blazing Lazers (he had NES). I was pretty sick of BL at that point, to be honest.

Anyway, it wasn't until a few years ago that I found out that Blazing Lazers = GunHed!

I kept saying to myself, "Why does 'GunHed' sound familiar?"

There is absolutely no connection between the game and the movie, outside of the logo, that is.
  |    |