Author Topic: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!  (Read 3945 times)

Sinistron

Re: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 03:15:43 AM »
I would add Batttle Royale to that list and a turbotap. That game is a blast to play with friends. It's simple and the graphics are really nice.

ewwwwwww sorry sinfree gotta disagree with ya there  :P
battle royale is one of the cruddiest games I've ever played and the graphics are really really bad  :D
another multiplayer turbochip with cruddy graphics but a gazillion times more fun is World Court Tennis- but you really need to play with 4 players.

But seriously- maybe before we suggest to Kirby games that are arguably bad- we should suggest to her games that are positively must-haves.  Don't want to scare her off the system now do we?  Kirby- the winners of that top-ten hucard thing- you can't go wrong with the US titles off of that list.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:28:13 AM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 05:31:17 AM »
I do have a bunch of games in my top priority that I want for my system. If I think of any more I can add them later.

They include:

Air Zonk
Bomberman '93
Magical Chase
Dragon Spirit
Galaga '90
Devil's Crush
Blazing Lazers
Bonk's Adventure
Super Star Soldier
Bomberman
Soldier Blade
Dungeon Explorer
Aero Blasters
Dragon's Curse

Fortunately, Magical Chase is the only game on that list that is ridiculously expensive and hard to find.

I'm guessing that you'd also like: Chew Man Fu and Parasol Stars.

I don't know if you've ever gotten into a war sim type game. I hate them, but I love Military Madness.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »
I would add Batttle Royale to that list and a turbotap. That game is a blast to play with friends. It's simple and the graphics are really nice.
Now that's my kind of game 8) . Seriously as cheesy as the game looks, it's probably the best wrestling game I've ever played because it's so much simpler. Simply go around hitting people like silly while effectively using your power blow and then once they are down, you pick them up and throw them outta the ring  :mrgreen: ! Hilarious game and extremely fun on multiplayer.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Mobius

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 10:54:22 AM »
Weird, I thought Battle Royale was practically unplayable.

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 04:53:43 PM »
Weird, I thought Battle Royale was practically unplayable.
It sorta came off that way to me at first, but after figuring out the controls and object of the game, it's a very playable and enjoyable multiplayer game. Other wrestling games are frustrating because they require some weird control methods and annoying tapping schemes, but Battle Royale is very simple to play and each character's abilities add nice depth to the game.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:23 PM »

ewwwwwww sorry sinfree gotta disagree with ya there  :P
battle royale is one of the cruddiest games I've ever played and the graphics are really really bad  :D
another multiplayer turbochip with cruddy graphics but a gazillion times more fun is World Court Tennis- but you really need to play with 4 players.

But seriously- maybe before we suggest to Kirby games that are arguably bad- we should suggest to her games that are positively must-haves.  Don't want to scare her off the system now do we?  Kirby- the winners of that top-ten hucard thing- you can't go wrong with the US titles off of that list.

I do have a bunch of games in my top priority that I want for my system. If I think of any more I can add them later.

They include:

Air Zonk
Bomberman '93
Magical Chase
Dragon Spirit
Galaga '90
Devil's Crush
Blazing Lazers
Bonk's Adventure
Super Star Soldier
Bomberman
Soldier Blade
Dungeon Explorer
Aero Blasters
Dragon's Curse

Fortunately, Magical Chase is the only game on that list that is ridiculously expensive and hard to find.

I'm guessing that you'd also like: Chew Man Fu and Parasol Stars.

I don't know if you've ever gotten into a war sim type game. I hate them, but I love Military Madness.

I've already got a pretty good idea of what TurboChip games I would want, which the list presents quite nicely (it was updated with a few more games as of tonight). I haven't really considered the others mentioned much to be so, in which I won't be interested in trying to obtain them.

I think you were almost done with the game at level 5, I'm guessing there are six levels. Also I'm not sure if you are aware of this since it's kind of suddle, but if you keep killing enemies in the Alpha Zones, a heart will appear every now and not only will it refill your life, but also give you one extra heart container for each level.
There are seven levels total in Keith Courage. :D

I did have a chance to play Keith Courage in Alpha Zones again today. I've found it to be a pretty good game this time, actually, and the small things about it that had bothered me before no longer do so. I was really impressed on how long the Jewel and Alpha swords with the reaction of "Whoa"; they were long enough to reach an enemy about 1/3 of it, I believe. If that's true, then I've almost made it to the end. I went up to the Robo Zone and had difficulty figuring out how to beat the boss. I was getting the gist of him a bit (jump up to attack him, run off until he's gone from the screen, jump up to avoid his feet, then jump again to avoid the shot from his feet, hopefully be able to duck down from him while he swoops down, and then attack him again; it needs to be done perfectly in order to survive), but I then felt I needed to take a break (my elbow was hurting a bit, too, so it needed rest). I've already figured out these two tricks from playing the game, but the healing process can take sooo long :|.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 06:56:05 PM »
I've already got a pretty good idea of what TurboChip games I would want, which the list presents quite nicely (it was updated with a few more games as of tonight). I haven't really considered the others mentioned much to be so, in which I won't be interested in trying to obtain them.

Psychosis and J.J. & Jeff are fine additions, but keep your head down when the inevitable quarrel begins over J.J. & Jeff.  :lol:

but I then felt I needed to take a break (my elbow was hurting a bit, too, so it needed rest). I've already figured out these two tricks from playing the game, but the healing process can take sooo long :|.

Stop playing with your elbows, silly.  That's what your hands are for.  :)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »
JJ & Jeff is a poor addition.

Keranu

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »
I'll never understand how people can hate J.J. and Jeff so incredibly much but love Wonderboy. It's really sad considering how well made J.J. & Jeff's levels are :( .

Sinistron

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 12:07:17 AM »
Yes Kirby you would do yourself well to drop JJ & Jeff and run with New Adventure Island instead  :wink:

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

nodtveidt

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 12:56:19 AM »
I'll never understand how people can hate J.J. and Jeff so incredibly much but love Wonderboy. It's really sad considering how well made J.J. & Jeff's levels are :( .
Fortunately, I don't like EITHER game. :D

ceti alpha

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 07:03:12 AM »
Fortunately, I don't like EITHER game. Very Happy

lol!

Psychosis and J.J. & Jeff are fine additions, but keep your head down when the inevitable quarrel begins over J.J. & Jeff.  :lol:

hehe Yeah, the guns have been known to come out over that one.  :P I always hide behind something when I mention Xevious.  8-[

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 08:25:18 AM »
I always hide behind something when I mention Xevious.  8-[

I like playing it on one of those plug-in controller things, so I should grab it for the Turbo sometime.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 10:14:43 AM »

I like playing it on one of those plug-in controller things, so I should grab it for the Turbo sometime.

The PCE version has an original game as well as the arcade on it from what I understand.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »

The PCE version has an original game as well as the arcade on it from what I understand.
Xevious is a great game, and the PCE version is pretty good. All the naysayers are goofballs. Granted, you probably have to be a fan of early arcade shoot-em-ups to get excited about it, but still....

I really dig the BOSS MUSIC in Keith Courage. It really evokes a wonderful atmosphere. The boss battles do NOT live up to this epic song, but at least we can enjoy the music, right?
  |    |