Author Topic: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!  (Read 3953 times)

Sinistron

Re: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2008, 04:59:50 AM »
Iand if you're in the right mood it's a lot of fun

I think that's the point. Why do you have to be in the right mood to fully enjoy a game, unless it totally stinks. I have China Warrior, and along with Double Dungeons and Battle Royale, they have to be my least played TG-16 games. The control system to China Warrior is just too stiff.

That's a stupid point then- I have to be in a certain mood to play an RPG- does that mean that any game in that genre "totally stinks"?   :-k

Unless you assumed that the mood I meant regarding enjoyment of China Warrior was of the "I'm in the mood for a shitty game" variety- not at all what I meant.  A shitty game is a shitty game- being in the mood to play one doesn't change that.

as for the other two games you mentioned-
Double Dungeons and Battle Royale just flat out suck. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 05:09:28 AM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

nat

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2008, 05:08:14 AM »
China Warrior is lots of fun on the TE/GT.

ceti alpha

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2008, 01:48:07 AM »
I did feel that the music was on a bit of the weak side, however, especially since the default setting for it is on stereo (I'm trying to figure out a way to fix this, if it can be). I can warm up to it more once I get the chance to play it again.

Really? Aw, the music on DE is one of my favourite aspects of the game. Maybe it will grow on you.  :wink:

Nice to see you made it past the evil ninja pit.  :clap:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sinistron

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2008, 02:44:53 AM »
I did feel that the music was on a bit of the weak side, however, especially since the default setting for it is on stereo (I'm trying to figure out a way to fix this, if it can be). I can warm up to it more once I get the chance to play it again.

Really? Aw, the music on DE is one of my favourite aspects of the game. Maybe it will grow on you.  :wink:

Yeah by the time she beats all 14 levels in DE the music will definitely have grown on her.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »
That is quite strange. What had happened to the previous post I've made last night? Was it too "hinty" for everyone to see if they want to play Ninja Spirit and would have liked to figure out how to get past the ninja pit on Stage 7 - The Bloody Battle themselves, or did I end up criticizing too harshly on Dungeon Explorer for it to be acceptable? Whatever the reason, I'll try not to do it again :( (and I'm certain I hadn't removed it myself, especially since Ceti Alpha had quoted from it approximatly seven hours after being put up).

Being "weak" doesn't necessarly mean that it's bad, to give some information. I was expecting the music to be a little louder from listening to sources that contain the soundtrack. I do think that the music is quite good for the system, as I've played the game again and made it up to level 7, even to the point where it sounds very saddening and dramatic for the theme.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

nat

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »
That is quite strange. What had happened to the previous post I've made last night? Was it too "hinty" for everyone to see if they want to play Ninja Spirit and would have liked to figure out how to get past the ninja pit on Stage 7 - The Bloody Battle themselves, or did I end up criticizing too harshly on Dungeon Explorer for it to be acceptable? Whatever the reason, I'll try not to do it again :( (and I'm certain I hadn't removed it myself, especially since Ceti Alpha had quoted from it approximatly seven hours after being put up).

That's odd Kirby, I read your post this morning and it certainly didn't contain anything worthy of removal. I surely didn't do it, and I can't imagine one of the other mods did. Posts have disappeared here before in the past, maybe it was some kind of database glitch?

Zeon

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2008, 05:42:13 PM »
People in the shoutbox were saying the site was being glitchy earlier today, maybe the internet ate it when that happened?

guyjin

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2008, 06:32:59 PM »
yeah, it was being weird earlier. went 404 for a while around 4:30 pm central.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Sinistron

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2008, 01:48:43 AM »
:twisted:
maybe now you learn your lesson for not deeply praising the awe inspiring music of Dungeon Explorer!!  :P

ceti alpha

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2008, 01:53:34 AM »
Kirby has angered the Turbo Gods! :shock: Everybody run for cover!!

Seriously though, the site was very glitchy yesterday. I couldn't even log on for a while there.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2008, 03:47:34 AM »
Yesterday's forum glitchyness and me straying to the shoutbox.  Coincidence?  :evil:

I can't count as high as seven, so would you (Kirby) describe the last boss that you defeated in Dungeon Explorer?  I'm just curious, as it obviously doesn't really matter how far you've progressed in the game and your opinion of the tunes won't magically change after defeating NATAS.  Maybe you'd appreciate D.E.'s music as much as some of us if you were playing in stereo; then again, maybe not (different strokes for different folks and what not).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sinistron

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2008, 05:31:55 AM »
Maybe you'd appreciate D.E.'s music as much as some of us if you were playing in stereo; then again, maybe not (different strokes for different folks and what not).

Yeah mono's kind of weak Kirby.   :-"

Keranu

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2008, 05:38:16 PM »
Yeah DE's sound is legendary among us Turbo nerds. Though I can kind of see where she was coming from because I didn't think it was that great when I played the first couple of dunegoens, but I was blown off my shoes when I played further into it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2008, 01:29:51 AM »
Yeah DE's sound is legendary among us Turbo nerds. Though I can kind of see where she was coming from because I didn't think it was that great when I played the first couple of dunegoens, but I was blown off my shoes when I played further into it.

Yeah, I think the music really starts getting amazing around where the Princess is.

Black Tiger

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »
Yeah, I think the music really starts getting amazing around where the Princess is.

I was actually going to comment on this. One of the many cool moments in the game is when you're cruising by the Princess for the first time with that music playing. :P

Since the soundtrack is fairly large for this type of game, there's quite a bit of variety (including ambient stuff) and you don't get to hear the bulk of the soundtrack until later on in the game(even with all the reuse of tracks).
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum