Author Topic: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!  (Read 3944 times)

esteban

Re: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2008, 09:38:30 AM »
Yeah, I think the music really starts getting amazing around where the Princess is.

I was actually going to comment on this. One of the many cool moments in the game is when you're cruising by the Princess for the first time with that music playing. :P

Since the soundtrack is fairly large for this type of game, there's quite a bit of variety (including ambient stuff) and you don't get to hear the bulk of the soundtrack until later on in the game(even with all the reuse of tracks).
Dudes! Every track kicks ass. You know it. I know it. Kirby is finding out. :)

Seriously, though, I love that DE's soundtrack generates so much passion here. Has anyone played the new PSP DE game -- are there any familiar  tracks in that game?
  |    | 

ceti alpha

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2008, 01:34:42 AM »
Yeah, I think the music really starts getting amazing around where the Princess is.

I was actually going to comment on this. One of the many cool moments in the game is when you're cruising by the Princess for the first time with that music playing. :P

Since the soundtrack is fairly large for this type of game, there's quite a bit of variety (including ambient stuff) and you don't get to hear the bulk of the soundtrack until later on in the game(even with all the reuse of tracks).

hehe. Yes, the entire soundtrack is awesome. :)

Seriously, though, I love that DE's soundtrack generates so much passion here. Has anyone played the new PSP DE game -- are there any familiar  tracks in that game?

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »

I actually haven't been playing Dungeon Explorer as much as you think (or even with the TurboGrafx-16, for that matter). I've been busy this past week trying to complete my other games that I've purchased, and I had to take a couple of driving lessons this week, so I scarely found the time to play with it (and is the reason why I had not been able to upload any Keith Courage in Alpha Zones videos last weekend, either).

Princess Aki? I've actually find this to be quite true. I have had a chance to play Dungeon Explorer again, and the dungeons later on do have the eligant tracks played for them. I even like to sit for a minute or two and listen to the music in Cherry Tower (SOOO much controversy over a view that was a bit misunderstood :|).

Kirby has angered the Turbo Gods! :shock: Everybody run for cover!! 

The only Turbo God I know of is PCEngineFX. Perhaps I've angered him? Black Tiger could be a god, too, since he is the making of greatness and could have some godly traits, and he does like the soundtrack for Dungeon Explorer (in spite of making a sincere comment on the views of the music)...Perhaps Sunteam_Paul could be a god too; After all, it's unknown where the "Sunteam" part of his name came from especially since he works alone... 8-[(:wink:).

Yesterday's forum glitchyness and me straying to the shoutbox.  Coincidence?  :evil:

I can't count as high as seven, so would you (Kirby) describe the last boss that you defeated in Dungeon Explorer?  I'm just curious, as it obviously doesn't really matter how far you've progressed in the game and your opinion of the tunes won't magically change after defeating NATAS.  Maybe you'd appreciate D.E.'s music as much as some of us if you were playing in stereo; then again, maybe not (different strokes for different folks and what not).

Which session would you like to know? In the first playthrough, I've stopped at the boss Bullbeast, who was man-like in appearance (somewhat like the Minotaur) who charges at foes and fires shots . The second I've stopped after Alexis the Beauty on level 6, who shoots powerful enchanted spells that can even poison and turns into a skeletal figure after taking many hits. Lastly, for the third, I've stopped playing after beating the boss The Death Reaper on level 8; He resembles a large version of the warlock playable character and splits into four, requiring that his true self must be defeated, which the other three are false weaker versions of himself. Is that descriptive enough?
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2008, 03:55:50 AM »
Is that descriptive enough?

And then some, thank you.  I was trying to gauge how much of the soundtrack you had experienced thus far, and it sounds like you've heard quite a bit.  Perhaps you'll appreciate some of the later tracks as much as I treasure 'em all, or maybe not; it doesn't really matter, as long as you're having fun.  Do you have a Tap yet, so you can share the joy?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2008, 03:58:39 AM »
One of my favorite tracks comes during dungeon 11, I forgot what it's called. Another one is the final battle with Natas.

BTW, Kirby, I'll be in your town next month. I'll bring you a complimentary copy of TV Sports Football.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:39:42 AM by nat »

Lord Thag

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2008, 05:55:38 AM »
The music in DE does kick ass. I always loved it back in the day. Combine that with fun gameplay, hilarious dialog ('Bullbeast is near and mad!') and you get 16-bit awesomeness that also happens to be multiplayer.

Damn fine music. I also really like the music in Military Madness and the Soldier series.
Dodging little white bullets since the Carter administration

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2008, 03:57:43 PM »
Is that descriptive enough?

And then some, thank you.  I was trying to gauge how much of the soundtrack you had experienced thus far, and it sounds like you've heard quite a bit.  Perhaps you'll appreciate some of the later tracks as much as I treasure 'em all, or maybe not; it doesn't really matter, as long as you're having fun.  Do you have a Tap yet, so you can share the joy?

No, and I probably won't be able to have one for some time. I would have to need more controllers to play with other people, too.

One of my favorite tracks comes during dungeon 11, I forgot what it's called. Another one is the final battle with Natas.

BTW, Kirby, I'll be in your town next month. I'll bring you a complimentary copy of TV Sports Football.  :lol:

That I would say "No." I don't want TV Sports Football, and I can't just have the random person come to my home, either :x. It doesn't matter if you're joking or not, but I know better than to answer the doorbell or phone at any time.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Sinistron

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »
Nat you goddamn stalker!!!  :x

:lol:

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

nectarsis

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2008, 05:47:26 PM »
LMAO  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

nat

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2008, 08:18:29 AM »
Yeah, um, it was a joke. I don't know where you live, and even if I did, I have enough courtesy not to show up unannounced.

CosMind

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »
@Kirby

you should definitely have Bonk's Revenge on your list of must-have's too :D

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »
Yeah, um, it was a joke. I don't know where you live, and even if I did, I have enough courtesy not to show up unannounced.

That I noted of, but I was just stating this for awareness 8).

@Kirby

you should definitely have Bonk's Revenge on your list of must-have's too :D

I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't have any interest to have Bonk's Revenge in my collection. I'm not too fond of the graphical style of this sequel.

Keranu

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »
I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't have any interest to have Bonk's Revenge in my collection. I'm not too fond of the graphical style of this sequel.
Forget about the graphics, Revenge is all about extremely fun level design and bonus stages!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2008, 06:20:15 PM »
i know where keranu lives you can steal his turbo collection

just search this forum for the address

Keranu

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2008, 06:23:12 PM »
Keelan James McKenna
1484 Vincennes Avenue
Crete, Illinois 60417
USA
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).