Author Topic: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!  (Read 3926 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2008, 06:08:56 AM »
Congrats for beating China Warrior.  It's simplistic, but satisfying.

P.S. - Joe is indeed talking about a region converter; specifically the WH-301, purple colored one.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2008, 06:29:44 AM »
Yeah, congrats on defeating China Warrior.  :clap:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »
Congrats for beating China Warrior.  It's simplistic, but satisfying.

P.S. - Joe is indeed talking about a region converter; specifically the WH-301, purple colored one.

Yeah, congrats on defeating China Warrior.  :clap:

Thanks a lot, you two. That item seems to be a pretty interesting device; I'll try to check it out sometime.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Keranu

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2008, 05:09:42 PM »
Also (and argueably better) known as, "The Barney Converter".
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2008, 07:50:11 PM »
Yes, because Barney is the only other thing that is purple to ever have existed.

PS - Grimace can kick Barney's ass!

Turbo D

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »
My Barney converter is brown. Does that mean I have the shit connector?

Keranu

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »
Mr. Hankey converter.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2008, 02:53:38 AM »

Chocolate covered Barney perhaps?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2008, 05:12:58 PM »
Yes, because Barney is the only other thing that is purple to ever have existed.

PS - Grimace can kick Barney's ass!

There are also other things like Spyro the Dragon, the Grape and Atomic Purple Game Boy Colors, indigo GameCubes and Game Boy Advances, the second variant of the Judge Game and Watch (the other was green, but has said to contain a few bugs in the scoring which was corrected in a later purple back-covered version), and purple Pokemon such as Rattata, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Crobat, Granbull, Delcatty, Sableye, Illumise, Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray. There are more purple objects that what you're [joking about], Joe Redifer.

Chocolate covered Barney perhaps?

I would say that you have a dog converter, since I normally assicate one of that color, but if you're looking to call it by a familiar character of that color, then a Cousin It or Fazzi the Bear one could work just fine.

So they come in different colors, I see? What other colors are they available in?
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Turbo D

« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2008, 05:44:44 PM »
So they come in different colors, I see? What other colors are they available in?

I've only seen it in two other colors aside from the aforementioned two. The two other colors are Nintendo Vs. cabinet blue and gay cream white.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2008, 05:56:55 PM »

I've only seen it in two other colors aside from the aforementioned two. The two other colors are Nintendo Vs. cabinet blue and gay cream white.

Thanks for letting me know on that, Turbo D. I think I would like to have that type of blue color for one (I was thinking there would be a bright green color for them, too). Also, is the specific device, by any chance, known as the Kisado (brand)? That way, I would know what I would be looking upon.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:00:07 PM by Game and Watch Kir »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2008, 06:41:12 PM »
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby

There are more purple objects that what you're [joking about], Joe Redifer.

I believe if that were true, the moron who first coined the phrase "Barney Converter" would have chosen a different purple object in order to receive all of the LOLs that he surely obtained.

Turbo D

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »
Also, is the specific device, by any chance, known as the Kisado (brand)? That way, I would know what I would be looking upon.

No, it is officially called the TV GAME COMPUTER CARTRIDGE CONVERTER! The Kisado connector is black with an orange sticker on it. It has been established that the Kisado connector has the greatest compatibility of the available hucard adapters. I've taken some pictures for you to see the differences.

Keranu

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2008, 10:24:32 PM »

I believe if that were true, the moron who first coined the phrase "Barney Converter" would have chosen a different purple object in order to receive all of the LOLs that he surely obtained.
The moron who coined the term should be another person on our list of people to meet (The TG16 box dude being #1, of course). Who knows, maybe I'M the moron that started it!  :mrgreen: (I wish)

Nice complete converter with box, turbo D.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2008, 05:46:32 PM »

Oh, well. Maybe Barney was the first purple object to come across his (or her) mind and decided to nickname it that. I'll just call it by it's name, in any case.

Also, is the specific device, by any chance, known as the Kisado (brand)? That way, I would know what I would be looking upon.

No, it is officially called the TV GAME COMPUTER CARTRIDGE CONVERTER! The Kisado connector is black with an orange sticker on it. It has been established that the Kisado connector has the greatest compatibility of the available hucard adapters. I've taken some pictures for you to see the differences.

Thank you very much again, Turbo D 8)! Those were exactly what I wanted to see. I have just two more questions for them: Was either brand officially licensed by NEC, and which type is more likely to work (on a TurboGrafx-16) without failure or damage?