Author Topic: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!  (Read 3909 times)

nat

Re: HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2008, 06:41:54 PM »

In the end, Princess Za gets her crown back from King Drool who went flying across the screen (I think).

Thanks for ruining the ending for me!  :evil:

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2008, 05:02:50 AM »

In the end, Princess Za gets her crown back from King Drool who went flying across the screen (I think).

Thanks for ruining the ending for me!  :evil:

Well, hey, the first three words should warn you that I would talk about the ending (like I often do here when I beat a game) :P. Therefore, you didn't HAVE to read it (even if you've got to the end before :twisted:).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

nat

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2008, 08:15:57 AM »
I was only kidding. Just busting your balls, er, chops, er...... You get the idea.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »
I was only kidding. Just busting your balls, er, chops, er...... You get the idea.

I knew that. I was just trying to "correct/kid" with you :wink:.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Duo_R

« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2008, 11:11:25 AM »
Ahh that sucks u had to play all over again. A long time ago I played Legendary Axe all the way to the end boss Jago (I think that's his name). I had full power everything, got killed, my axe now was as powerful as a twig and I got killed and game over. I was so pissed I never attempted again, but that was years ago.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

sunteam_paul

« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »
I've beaten Bonk's Adventure tonight 8). I almost had done so yesterday, but King Drool had beaten me hard when I had fought him (I wasn't even sure if he was taking damage when headbutting since it looked to take quite a lot of hits in order to get defeated). An interesting thing about the play session I've attempted to do so was that I was also able to figure out where the upper path for level 3-2 would go (which is essentially a shortcut to 3-5 and a 1-up can be found on this path).

In the end, Princess Za gets her crown back from King Drool who went flying across the screen (I think). Each of the four other bosses return back to Moonland, and Za gives Bonk a kiss that make him to fly way up in the air. The credits are similar to Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, which they only show the cast of characters (which was quite helpful since I wasn't even aware of half of the enemies' names). In the last shot the characters wave and the game resets for the player to start again (the first TurboGrafx-16 game I've seen that has an ending that doesn't require a soft reset in order to play another round).

I love the credits music on PC Genjin. It really chills me out after completing the game :)
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Keranu

« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2008, 12:07:36 AM »
Hahaha. Sometimes I too forget that not everyone here has Turbo balls!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2008, 12:09:45 AM »
When I think of Kirby, I think pink  :wink:

Keranu

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2008, 01:15:34 AM »
I think ocean blue now.  :-k
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2009, 04:38:46 PM »
Here I am after quite a long break. I apologize for my lack of posts here, but I've been more occupied at the TurboGrafx Network forum for Black Tiger's website, along with other matters including a recent trip to Reno for the holidays to visit my uncle who lives there.

As a Christmas present, SuperPCEngineGrafx had sent me Battle Royale whilst I was away. I had a bit of a disdain upon receiving it, as I've heard of heavy criticism on this particular title, especially since it wasn't a title I desired to have and I had sent him the list of titles I wanted by a private message. I asked him about this decision, and he explained to me that it was the only game he could find locally that I didn't have, and he had missed out on an ad on Craigslist for a copy of Bloody Wolf as he was very busy in the days it was featured (I'm okay with that aspect, though, as Bloody Wolf isn't a title I highly desire either). I'm over the dislikenment of recieving this title now, as do look forward to playing it (the most interesting part about it is the ability of having wrestle matches against five players, which I would love to see for myself). It was nice of Black Tiger to send me a present over the holidays, and I loved the Bonk/TurboGrafx-16 wrapping paper that eveloped around the copy of the game :mrgreen:!

In terms of playing the TurboGrafx-16 games that I have, lately I've been playing The Legendary Axe. Just this past Sunday when I started playing it again, I've managed to make it slightly farther into Zone 5A, to the second Ape Man, than previously, which was to the first Ape Man. I was a bit rusty, so I had'nt exactly played up to speck (I even died fighting against the two Demon Giants in Zone 1 on my first attempt through) :oops:, but it was enjoyable.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2009, 06:45:41 PM »
I've beaten The Legendary Axe today :dance:! Since beating the game was a priority that I had for over a month, I gave myself plenty of time this afternoon in order to do so. I was quite surprised to find out that the Pits of Madness (the name the manual gives in the Tips section for Zones 5A-Z, supposedly) were a series of trial rooms that faced Gogan off against a different assortment of enemies (or simply Idols, in the case of Zone 5C). This area was quite tough, though, as sometimes multiple enemies appeared within the same spot (inching up and being at full power/having the meter filled up was crucial to a number of areas). It was also interesting to see that the creature that is featured on the title screen (I could not find what it is within the manual) is the boss of Zone 5, and that it is quite tall and can shoot fireballs that circulate in a range for a short amount of time (a move I did not expect to see). Upon reaching Jagu, which was interesting to see that the battle took place outside instead of in a trencherous dark dungeon like I had thought, it was discoverd that he is formed  by a number of Aqua Lungs and the creature fought in Zone 5. He wasn't too difficult to battle with, as staying mainly in the middle and using a combination of powerful and rapid hits are effective techniques to use against him. In the ending, Gogan rescues his girlfriend Flare by getting her down for the rope she was tied to, gives Gogan a type of thanks which causes him to scratch his head in modesty. Gogan points to the left at first, then to the right, as a black box shows itself in which the credits scroll by in. This game, however, requires resetting in order to start playing the game again.

I'll be delaying to start The Legendary Axe II for a bit, though. I still have to make some videos of The Legendary Axe, and I don't want playing it to interfere with my playing ability within the footages.