Author Topic: About PCE Daisakusen  (Read 419 times)

ApolloBoy

About PCE Daisakusen
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:23:45 AM »
How exactly do you keep track of games you want? I've heard you can organize a wishlist there but I have yet to figure it out.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Turbo D

Re: About PCE Daisakusen
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:28:44 AM »
After you create an account and add games to your collection, click on the view collection link. When your collection is showing, click the link in the upper right corner that says "view my profile." At the bottom of your profile page, you will see a box that says "Data Export." Here you can create a txt or csv document of either your collection list or your to buy list.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »
After you create an account and add games to your collection, click on the view collection link. When your collection is showing, click the link in the upper right corner that says "view my profile." At the bottom of your profile page, you will see a box that says "Data Export." Here you can create a txt or csv document of either your collection list or your to buy list.

I know about that, but what I meant was a way to keep track of your wishlist on the site itself.
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:57:45 AM »
I know about that, but what I meant was a way to keep track of your wishlist on the site itself.

I don't think that a specific wish list can be done, only the generic 'to buy list' generated at your profile page (as turbo D noted).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

guyjin

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 01:42:18 PM »
you could make a second account, say, apollo_wishlist, and use that as your wish list.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »
I don't think that would fly over there, it would probably get deleted.

elnino

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 03:52:28 AM »
You cannot view the games not in your collection on the site, the only way to get them is via the Export function. But being able to view your to buy games seems like a good idea and since it wouldn't cost me a lot of time, I think I will implement such a function. I let you know when it's done. Please refrain from creating multiple accounts, they will get deleted fo'sho!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

ApolloBoy

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 07:04:20 AM »
But being able to view your to buy games seems like a good idea and since it wouldn't cost me a lot of time, I think I will implement such a function. I let you know when it's done.

Thanks! I know a lot of people are gonna really appreciate that...

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 07:25:12 AM »
This is my favorite thing about the site. I thought it would be cool to have a checkbox to show if you've cleared a game or not, so I told them about it. A day or two later the feature was implemented.

guyjin

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »
You cannot view the games not in your collection on the site, the only way to get them is via the Export function. But being able to view your to buy games seems like a good idea and since it wouldn't cost me a lot of time, I think I will implement such a function. I let you know when it's done. Please refrain from creating multiple accounts, they will get deleted fo'sho!

Woo! an elnino post! I feel like I've caught a Mew!  :)
been playing too much pokemon lately...
thanks for your efforts.  :dance:

elnino

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 12:27:43 AM »
As of now, you can manage a wishlist to which you can add games you haven't already in your collection. You can add the games from the database list as well as from a specific game page. To access your wishlist, simply go to your collection and you will see a link on the top right. The same link is on your profile page as well. I will post some further information on the front page as soon as I'm through with the other updates I'm currently working on.

As usual, please drop me a line if something is not working the way it should.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

guyjin

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 04:21:11 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ceti alpha

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 04:24:58 AM »
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So that's what 15 guyjins clapping sounds like.  :mrgreen:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"