Author Topic: Wendy's Bought by Arby's  (Read 604 times)

TR0N

Wendy's Bought by Arby's
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:18:22 PM »
What do ya know two of my favorite fast food chains combine.
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_9040849?source=rss

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Re: Wendy's Bought by Arby's
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
Arby's roast beef is sliced so thin that you can nearly see right through it if you were to hold a piece up.  Plus, their bread sucks.  I don't visit Wendy's often, but I imagine their beef will now become super thin as well.

Turbo D

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:21 PM »
I like them both. I like to go to Wendy's and grab the Ultimate Chicken Grill! Its one of the best grilled chicken breast sandwiches you can get at a fast food restaurant. The only other grilled chicken breast fast food sandwich that can come close is the Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich from Carl's Jr. But that one tends to be dry sometimes. From Arby's, I like to get the Beef n' Chedder Roast Beef Sandwich. Those are pretty good, but I tend to eat a lot of them, haha. So, I guess its pretty cool that Wendy's bought Arby's. Is anything going to change though?

TR0N

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:17:33 PM »
Arby's roast beef is sliced so thin that you can nearly see right through it if you were to hold a piece up.  Plus, their bread sucks.  I don't visit Wendy's often, but I imagine their beef will now become super thin as well.
Around here arby's rost beef snadwichs are "thick enough maybe yours just sucks i don't know.

I've never had a problem with there bread either of corse with,any fast food chain it can be horrible in one area while great in another.

This also means arby's could run wendy's into the ground or save them  :roll:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Sinistron

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 01:42:57 AM »
Bacon Beef n' Cheddar with horsey sauce ftw

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

nodtveidt

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 01:50:29 AM »
Wendy's wasn't bought per se, a sociopathic dipshit is just buying up a bunch of their stock to gain stock majority.

guyjin

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:38:38 AM »
This sucks.

"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

ceti alpha

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 03:04:19 AM »
Of all the places to buy up Wendy's I wouldn't have thought Arby's.  :-k I guess Arby's isn't as popular up here or something. Though, I just realized the other day that we still have an Arby's here, so tonight my mission is to try it. It's been forever since I've chomped down into an Arby's sandwich.

I don't think Wendy's will be too affected by this buy out. Wendy's advertising may change though.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sinistron

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 03:26:56 AM »
try a small taste of that horsey on that there beefy cheddar ceti- with seasoned curleys of course!  :D

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 04:19:35 AM »
Arby's roast beef is sliced so thin that you can nearly see right through it if you were to hold a piece up.

That way the taste has nowhere to hide; welcome to flavor country.  Sometimes they cut slices so thin, you can't even see them.  :lol:

Wendy's wasn't bought per se, a sociopathic dipshit is just buying up a bunch of their stock to gain stock majority.

A hostile takeover is still a buy out, just without the approval of the target company's board of directors.  All publicly traded companies are bought out by transfer of stock ownership, unless they're under bankruptcy proceedings.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 04:26:19 AM »
That way the taste has nowhere to hide; welcome to flavor country.  Sometimes they cut slices so thin, you can't even see them.  Laughing

haha!! Well in that case, since Arby's bought out Wendy's, maybe they should bring back the "Where's the beef?" catch phrase.  :mrgreen:

Digi.k

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 10:08:01 AM »
I miss Wendy's square shaped burgers..  They should re-open their chain again here in London UK... Its mostly MacD's Burger King, KFC, Domino's and Pizza Hut here now :/

Joe Redifer

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 10:09:43 AM »
Our goal is to make you guys in the UK fat-asses just like us!

ceti alpha

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 11:01:01 AM »
Well, with all this Arby's and Wendy's talk, I couldn't resist driving through the local Arby's today. It was the first time I've had Arby's in over a decade at least. I must say it was pretty damn good.

Digi.k

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 02:09:31 PM »
Our goal is to make you guys in the UK fat-asses just like us!

Its already happened.. England is the most obese country out of europe.. Plus we got tonnes of Starbucks coffee shops here plus Krispy Kreme and papa john's pizza are starting their chains here..