Author Topic: Found early screenshots of the upcoming PS3/360 Splatterhouse game.  (Read 566 times)

ceti alpha

Re: Found early screenshots of the upcoming PS3/360 Splatterhouse game.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 07:07:57 AM »
The problem I have looking at the article is that it could almost be any of the modern 3rd person game (Devil May Cry, etc. etc).

I completely agree nec. It would have been cool if they kept the graphics somewhat retro. I don't know, but just something to distinguish it from all the other 3rd person games. I hate crapping all over something over a few unfinished screenshots, but you can clearly see where it's going.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 07:59:49 AM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

guyjin

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 07:30:29 AM »
It's too 'adult' for the Wii.  ](*,)

which is exactly why the Wii NEEDS this game.

In case you guys haven't noticed, Namco has always prefered making games on Sony systems after their PC Engine days.

Aw, crap.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Keranu

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 05:21:34 PM »
Well I certainly like the extra gorey and dark scary style to this game. This screenshot is especially creepy, I've always found revealed muscular systems to be scariest thing imaginable. But yeah, it just lacks the style of the original somehow. Might be good, but like ceti I will have to wait for gameplay footage (and I also hope Rick doesn't look like a big dumbass the whole game too!).
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
Quote from: ceti

This game seems like it would be made for the Wii.

Why?  The Wii is for children and grandparents.  The target audience for this game probably don't own too many Wiis.  People want to see games like this have actual detail in the graphics.

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 02:05:05 PM »
Well I certainly like the extra gorey and dark scary style to this game. This screenshot is especially creepy, I've always found revealed muscular systems to be scariest thing imaginable. But yeah, it just lacks the style of the original somehow. Might be good, but like ceti I will have to wait for gameplay footage (and I also hope Rick doesn't look like a big dumbass the whole game too!).

Whoa the body damage is awesome!