Author Topic: Captain Commando!  (Read 398 times)

MotoRoaderMike

Captain Commando!
« on: May 04, 2008, 03:54:12 PM »

I had never heard of Captain Commando prior to 1998, or at least part of 1997. The first time I had heard of him was when I read a text file of the manual for the original Mega Man on some website, where he was thanking the customer for buying the game, then later on, I discovered that he had his own game, and that he was going to be in Marvel Vs. Capcom. I as getting interested in this character slowly, but one day, I found a ROM of the SNES version of his game, and I thought it was great, and I never got to play the arcade version until 2000. Captain Commando is one of Capcom's best characters, and he needs a comeback. He's just that awesome. Everything about him. And as crazy as this sounds, I actually think it'd make a great live action film, with Thomas Jane portraying him. Oh, and I made the pic above, so don't use it without asking.  :)

GOSSIP: One rumor going around is that one of Captain Commando's inspirations was the cult 1984 film "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension", but Capcom is yet to confirm whether or not this is true.

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Turbo D

Re: Captain Commando!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »
Captain Commando is a kick-ass dude! I first discovered him in MvsC! Then I found out he had other games, lol. I have many fond memories of MvsC. I used to beat the game at the arcade with one quarter! I used MegaMan and Ryu, I was unstopable!

termis

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:02:53 PM »
loved the beat-em-up game in the arcades.  :P

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »
Have you guys heard of its unoffical follow-up released in 1997 called Battle Circuit? That was Capcom's last arcade beat 'em up. It is basically Captain Commando down to the unusual characters but with a shop system where you buy special moves at the end of each level and it is 4-players too!

Lord Thag

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 07:06:35 AM »
Section Z, that old Nes/Arcade shooter was actually the first Captain Commando game. The little guy in a suit you play is him. I always thought he was awesome. I mean his name is Captain COMMANDO, after all, and we all know that commandos are completely hard core. Heck, Arnie wiped out a whole third world country in the movie Commando!  :mrgreen:
Dodging little white bullets since the Carter administration

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
lol, Section Z IS developed by capcom! I remember when I was a kid, I bought section Z at some dudes yard sale around my block. It was super cool!

ceti alpha

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:02:49 AM »
That's awesome that the dude in Section Z is Captain Commando. The Captain Commando game in the arcades rocked. It was super popular.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 01:52:38 AM »
Personally, I always thought that Captain Commando's legal name was.... wait for it.... Captain Rad Spencer.

You know it is true.
  |    | 

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 04:00:55 PM »
Personally, I always thought that Captain Commando's legal name was.... wait for it.... Captain Rad Spencer.

You know it is true.

Dammit, that's the guy from BIONIC Commando. And I mean the NES version, not that horrible 3D remake that's coming out for the new gen consoles.

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Tatsujin

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 02:09:48 AM »
this was my first arcade game at home. unforgetable^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^