Author Topic: Playlist inspired by the new Iron Man movie.  (Read 214 times)

MotoRoaderMike

Playlist inspired by the new Iron Man movie.
« on: May 04, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
I think it's so awesome the way they used Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" during the trailers and TV spots for the Iron Man movie. The other day, I was looking at the songs on the soundtrack, and it had "Institutionalized" by the Suicidal Tendencies, and then I came up with an idea to make a playlist of old school hard rock and heavy metal songs inspired by Iron Man! This is what I've come up with so far, and is still very much WIP:

"Iron Man" by Black Sabbath
"Holy Diver" by Dio
"Take Hold of The Flame" by Queensryche
"Madhouse" by Anthrax
"Metal Gods" by Judas Priest
"Wrecking Crew" by Overkill
"Warriors" by Savatage

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

nodtveidt

Re: Playlist inspired by the new Iron Man movie.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »
Holy Diver? What a weird coincidence. A couple of weeks ago, I was working a Walmart and happened to hear them playing Rainbow In The Dark in the electronics section. Maybe it was related to this, or maybe not...

(For those who don't know, Rainbow In The Dark is another track from the same Dio album, where Holy Diver is the title track.)

TR0N

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »
Holy Diver? What a weird coincidence. A couple of weeks ago, I was working a Walmart and happened to hear them playing Rainbow In The Dark in the electronics section. Maybe it was related to this, or maybe not...

(For those who don't know, Rainbow In The Dark is another track from the same Dio album, where Holy Diver is the title track.)

It also inspire the video game holy diver for the famicom.
It is tough though even puts gng to shame.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 03:34:09 AM »

Awesome! The only way that would probably ever happen with me around is if I was playing it on one of the iPod stereos I'm trying out or something.

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

nat

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:58:33 AM »

Ronnie James Dio for the mutherfukin' win.