Author Topic: Wiiware is out!  (Read 783 times)

esteban

Re: Wiiware is out!
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 05:03:12 PM »
  |    | 

Mobius

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 06:50:40 PM »
Lost Winds is fantastic, everyone should check it out if they can.  I'm a little bummed about Star Soldier R, I think I'll just pass.  I'm looking forward to Bomberman, Tetris, Alien Crush, and (possibly) Gyrostarr and World of Goo.  I think I'm going to really like WiiWare.

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »
Lost Winds rules! I can't figure out how to damage the boss though!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 07:25:31 PM »
A friend of mine bought Lost Winds and he said it was over after only two and a half hours.  To be continued.

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »
I'm about done with it too I think. Personally I don't like long games, but a game like this should probably be a little longer. I heard they're making a sequel already.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 09:12:59 PM »
I decided to buy it and I like it.  I agree about excessively long games.  I think 5 to 7 hours would be about perfect.

Keranu

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 11:04:11 PM »
I was thinking Ys III length, which would be about 5 - 7 hours yeah.

geepee16

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 08:10:28 PM »
the whole thing is surprising to me.  i interviewed 16 shot at hudson two years ago and he talked about how cool it would be to bring a game like star soldier to the wii but said he was told by programmers that it wouldn't work as he hoped. i thought that was the end of it until i found out it was on hudson's caravan this year.  a pleasant surprise.
No way -- you have to reveal more about this interview. :)

there is a second half to that interview which hudson has yet to post: not sure why. in any case, it was very cool being there.