Author Topic: Neo Geo is the REAL DEAL  (Read 2041 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Neo Geo is the REAL DEAL
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »
Well at least the deleted posts were quoted for posterity.

MurderDate:  Of course I like the Neo Geo, do you think I am a communist?  I own the damn thing and 13 or so games.  It's the Real Deal.

It looks the The Game Lord has his own web site and it is Chad, not some other game deity.

Turbo D

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 02:29:59 PM »
If its the real chad game lord, you should link him this thread, lol. I bet he'd get a kick out of it! :)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »
He'll find it the next time he Googles himself maybe.  :)

rainbow_bright

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 11:59:09 PM »
great start to the day :) Thanks guys!

guyjin

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »
But I am a movie theater projection technician....  shouldn't I be able to prove myself wrong?

Totally offtopic: I don't suppose you're certified to project nitrate film?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 02:26:34 PM »
Nitrate film is pretty much banned from every location in the world except for a select few labs.  It is not used for exhibition.

To those who may be asking "WTF?"  Nitrate film was used in the old old old days to project movies and is HIGHLY flammable.  It has killed many projectionists as well as many audiences and caused the charred destruction of many theaters.  It was replaced completely by the 50's, but I could have my decade wrong.

Go to http://www.film-tech.com and click on VIDEOS to see a video of Nitrate film burning.  It burns very hot very fast.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 02:29:32 PM by Joe Redifer »

Tatsujin

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 04:17:09 PM »
of course it's dangerous as hell, since it's made of pure cellulosenitrat. laul.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Keranu

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »
I think burning nitrate film only adds to the cinematic experience.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 05:47:15 PM »
Only if you consider dying a fiery, smoldering death part of the cinematic experience.  Still, recent technology allows homes to have similarly intense fires, just spring a natural gas leak, wait an hour and then ignite a spark.  It may even exceed the cinema experience!   :dance:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:48:59 PM by Joe Redifer »

Keranu

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 05:58:43 PM »
I'll try that out tonight while playing Lords of Thunder and let you know how it goes! I think it will go well with the powerful soundtrack.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 06:03:35 PM »
Only if you consider dying a fiery, smoldering death part of the cinematic experience.  Still, recent technology allows homes to have similarly intense fires, just spring a natural gas leak, wait an hour and then ignite a spark.  It may even exceed the cinema experience!   :dance:

That'll cause an explosion.  For a conflagration, you'll want to light that candle immediately and then pull out the marshmallows.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

guyjin

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 11:01:12 PM »
Nitrate film is pretty much banned from every location in the world except for a select few labs.  It is not used for exhibition.

I thought that might be the case.

To those who may be asking "WTF?"  Nitrate film was used in the old old old days to project movies and is HIGHLY flammable.  It has killed many projectionists as well as many audiences and caused the charred destruction of many theaters.  It was replaced completely by the 50's, but I could have my decade wrong.

1951: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrate_film

Go to http://www.film-tech.com and click on VIDEOS to see a video of Nitrate film burning.  It burns very hot very fast.

Neat video, but I've been looking for an alleged navy training video where they light some on fire and submerge it, and it just keeps burning.

I ask because of that studio fire yesterday. Turns out the film wasn't involved, but it made me think of this.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

nat

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 03:58:28 AM »
This thread title needs to be changed to "Nitrate film is the REAL DEAL"

Keranu

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »
I'll try that out tonight while playing Lords of Thunder and let you know how it goes! I think it will go well with the powerful soundtrack.
I died.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »
Quote from: guyjin

Neat video, but I've been looking for an alleged navy training video where they light some on fire and submerge it, and it just keeps burning.

I ask because of that studio fire yesterday. Turns out the film wasn't involved, but it made me think of this.

One of the videos on Film-Tech (there are three) shows nitrate film burning fully submerged.  Film was destroyed in the Universal Studios fire.  From Universal themselves:

Quote from: Universal Studios
It is with great sadness that I must inform you that yesterdays fire destroyed nearly 100% of the archive prints kept here on the lot. Due to this we will be unable to honor any film bookings of prints that were set to ship from here.

Over the next few weeks and months we will be able to try and piece together what material we do have and if any prints exist elsewhere. For the time being please check your rental confirmations and look under shipping instructions. If the print was set to ship from the studio then you date is now canceled. If the shipping instructions say ship from Deluxe then those dates are still good.

Attempt to get back on topic:
Universal should have known that the Neo Geo is the REAL DEAL.  If they made their movies in the REAL DEAL Neo Geo format instead of wimpy film, this wouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 12:53:44 PM by Joe Redifer »