Author Topic: Gaming Injuries!!!  (Read 502 times)

Sparky

Gaming Injuries!!!
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »
So ya any stories out there of injuries while gaming?

No injury is to small or to big tell us all please!!!! :D whether new or old school, like tripping you younger brother with the genny wire controller or smacking a wii controller off your good friends head… hell there has to be a few out there.

My worst one just happened… and is pretty sad :P… just got myself Guitar Hero II (ya I am a late bloomer) and brought it to the best friends place, well we lost our mines and got right loaded fast and played the game hard!! The following day played it with my wifey as well who just loved it and then a day after that it happened… my right wrist got totally f*cked-large and no its not from doing the other thing as i do enough of that already :shock:  the pain was so bad i have been popping Advil and working the mouse at work nice and slow, Jebus i am so embarrassed i don' t even tell people how i did it, except you good folks here :P  yep i am officially an old man  :roll:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 01:32:46 PM by Sparky »

Tatsujin

Re: Gaming Injuries!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »
broke my small finger coz punched into a wall due to rage of playing street fighter II.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ceti alpha

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 03:52:05 PM »
I believe it was while playing Life Force on the NES. Either that or another shooter that switches between horizontal and vertical styles. It was back in the day, but I spent the whole day and night on a hard wooden stool playing it non-stop. All I know is that my tail bone killed for a week.

But one of the funniest things I've ever seen was while gaming during lunch hour at a friend's house. I think he was playing a game on 31 on 1, but it could also have been a Genny game. Anyway, he would tend to get excited while playing games, and if he died he would normally stand up and point and curse at the TV. Well, on this day he decided to put his baseball bat between his knees and the arms of the chair he was sitting in. When he died (I wish I could remember what game it was..) he tried to jump up and yell at the screen, but forgot about the bat-seatbelt he had rigged up. Instead of standing up, he flipped up in the air and backwards and landing on his back while still in the sitting position. After I made sure he wasn't in too much pain, I laughed my frakin' ass off. It was really one of the funniest things I have ever seen.  :lol:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

CosMind

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
microwave burrito finished cooking + hardwood stairs + me wearing socks + not wanting to spend any more than a split second away from snes lemmings = broken big toe on my right foot.

ah, the wisdom of youth :P

Tatsujin

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 04:21:50 PM »
one other time i played SF II, a friend of mine and me bulided up a pile of bricks in front of his house. so when i got insane by playin' SF II i just ran out the house and smashed those bricks with a 1-hit karate chop in pieces. once i gently sprained my hand :lol:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:53:27 AM by Tatsujin »
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 03:46:54 AM »
Back in college, a few of us clowns would occasionally spend the wee hours of the morning hunched over our laptops, killing each other in Quake.  Some would try to throw a little body english into play (leaning and ducking in our seats), and during one liquor-fueled session, my buddy got a bit too excited and was bucked off his stool.  He hit his head on the desk on the way to the floor but was fortunately not seriously injured and only had a small knot, a large bruise, and a very red face.  Good times, good times.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 03:54:55 AM »
I think the best I can come up with is the blisters and eventual calluses I got from playing so much Street Fighter Alpha.  But that really isn't a true injury.

When I play current-gen games on my HDTV, my neck starts to hurt because of the way I lay on the sofa.  Does that count?

Tatsujin

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 03:58:32 AM »
Does that count?

:lol:

let's ask count dracula or count doku.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

CosMind

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 04:12:26 AM »
Does that count?

:lol:

let's ask count dracula or count doku.

i think count chocula would be the wiser in this case.

guyjin

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 05:21:49 AM »
Not a physical injury but:

I used to have this really embarrasing habit of 'chicken flapping' (my 'friends' nickname for it) when I got excited.
It looks really goofy. Since Videogames were the most exciting thing in my life, that's mostly what I would flap to.

This was not really a problem when I lived on the farm, and the only other people to see my flapping were my relatives, but when we moved to town (and I could have friends over) I got _so_ much shit over it.

To this day, I still sit on my hands when I think I might get too excited.  :oops:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »
At the 'cade back in 1993, despite properly wearing the boxing glove, I broke my hand playing Sonic Blast Man

I tried to be like the big guys who hit the pillow so hard and loud the whole arcade heard it

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:02:04 PM by HypeG »

ceti alpha

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 01:01:55 PM »
Not a physical injury but:

I used to have this really embarrasing habit of 'chicken flapping' (my 'friends' nickname for it) when I got excited.
It looks really goofy. Since Videogames were the most exciting thing in my life, that's mostly what I would flap to.

This was not really a problem when I lived on the farm, and the only other people to see my flapping were my relatives, but when we moved to town (and I could have friends over) I got _so_ much shit over it.

To this day, I still sit on my hands when I think I might get too excited.  :oops:

lolmax!!!  :lol: Don't get excited!

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 04:04:28 PM »
Am I the only person here who has NEVER got hurt playing a video game?!  :shock:

Turbo D

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »
I haven't gotten hurt playing video games, but I have hurt other people because of them, lmao!  :twisted:

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 02:16:55 PM »
Other than the beginnings of blisters, mainly from street fighting games, mainly from 360 moves like Zangief... every once in a while I get something like shin sprints on a figer tip or two. Some repressed memories may come back to me soon, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum