Author Topic: Do you like METAL?  (Read 863 times)

Dreamcaster

Do you like METAL?
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »
im normally not the kind of guy to go for promoting myself or the things i do in a spot like this.
but from being a buyer/seller of tg stuff i noticed a lot of the same user ids on ebay buying similar things. one of which was stuff like grindcore and experimental music.
anyways getting to the point here. i run a small diy music label: Sludgesicle Records.
www.myspace.com/sludgesiclerecords
if you offend easy please dont go here. but if you like crazy shit then what are you waiting for?

anyways getting on with the point of this post.

as a way to help promote myself i want to give away a couple free tapes to people on here that are interested. im looking for genuine interest not just people wanting a freebie. but i will pay shipping and everything.
but like i just said SERIOUS INTEREST ONLY!!!

post here or send me a pm.
im also a member of www.rfgeneration.com user: dreamcaster.

atr3yu

Re: Do you like METAL?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »
I would def give a good listen. Some of my favorite bands are Slipknot, Stone Sour, Bullet for my Valentine, etc. You get my point. PM me if this is still on going and I will give you my addy. We have a nice local band here of the same calibur and they do an awesome Metal cover of the Fly's got you where I want you.

Dreamcaster

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »
yep still going on. i will close this thread when its over. so if you can still reply here than its still good.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 04:36:59 PM »
I don't like the kind that has super-repetitive chords and the "singer" is trying to sound like he is growling or something.  Only people who like wrestling would like that stuff... same fake mentality.  I like hard rock instead.

ceti alpha

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:50:16 AM »
I've always been more prone to industrial. The most "heavy metal" band I got into was Ministry. Though, I love Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin - i.e. 70s metal.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Dreamcaster

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
I've always been more prone to industrial. The most "heavy metal" band I got into was Ministry. Though, I love Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin - i.e. 70s metal.
ministry. excellent stuff. the very hard edge of industrial, almost metal.

rainbow_bright

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 11:19:28 AM »
I don't think Ministry has anything to do with industrial music, they sound like a metal band to me. The tag industrial began as the name of a record label, Industrial records. I don't think it was ever meant to be a sound or genre of music.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:35:46 AM by rainbow_bright »

Dreamcaster

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 11:43:12 AM »
than what would you classify nine inch nails' pretty hate machine album?

ceti alpha

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 11:43:45 AM »
I don't think Ministry has anything to do with industrial music, they sound like a metal band to me. Although the tag industrial began as the name of a record label, Industrial records. I don't think it was ever meant to be a sound or genre of music.

Well, Ministry evolved into a lot of things. The first album was new wave pop, then "pure" industrial, then every album after that guitars became more and more prevalent.

But yeah, music labels are ridiculous for the most part, but it does allow to differentiate between some bands. Though I think industrial sort of came out of bands like Einstürzende Neubauten who would actually use custom instruments that were often made out of scrap metal and construction tools. Industrial was also identified (not always, but most of the time) by affected vocals. Even when Ministry became more guitar heavy they still kept to their industrial roots and they would tour with KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, NIN. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Ministry touring with Metallica. I think the reason for that is because Metallica are a bunch of sissies. lol  :P

Dreamcaster

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »
throbbing gristle. thats on my list of bands i want to check out.
i have heard a lot of good things about them. very classic.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »
Hard Rock/ Metal Head here-

I try to ignor most of that Poppy/Hip Hop Metal junk like korn, Limp Bizkit, SlipKnot or Linkin Park,

and would MUCH rather listen to-
Megadeth, testament, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Amorphis, Night Wish, Arch Enemy, Maiden, 'Stones, and Deep Purple....etc etc....

you know.... REAL METAL!

ceti alpha

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
Hard Rock/ Metal Head here-

I try to ignor most of that Poppy/Hip Hop Metal junk like korn, Limp Bizkit, SlipKnot or Linkin Park,

and would MUCH rather listen to-
Megadeth, testament, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Amorphis, Night Wish, Arch Enemy, Maiden, 'Stones, and Deep Purple....etc etc....

you know.... REAL METAL!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 04:15:59 PM »
Such a tricky question. Most new non-ironic "metal" is just f*cking terrible. I do like (old) Maiden, Helloween, Stratovarius, etc but that Death NuMetal shit that is so popular now days is worse than the cock rock that killed metal in the first place.

And Slipknot can suck it.

Dreamcaster

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
Such a tricky question. Most new non-ironic "metal" is just f*cking terrible. I do like (old) Maiden, Helloween, Stratovarius, etc but that Death NuMetal shit that is so popular now days is worse than the cock rock that killed metal in the first place.

And Slipknot can suck it.
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.
i call em shitknot.
wife hates that, she likes them. i hate them.

rainbow_bright

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 12:13:59 AM »
(sorry I deleted my earlier post by accident, I meant to edit something..eh blah..) I used to love metal when I was much younger, grew tired of it when I was around 17.. I used to love Maiden so much, but now..metal and most music in general doesn't do it for me at all.